• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2021 |OT| Let me tell you a story... [24th of June - 8th of July]

Vagswarm

Just got FFXV, Avengers and Jedi Fallen Order for pretty darn cheap. Reckon Avengers is worth a playthrough at that price, especially as the updates are free. I love a good Steam sale.
Jedi Fallen Order is excellent, and a total steal @ $16. Enjoyed it all the way through. Got it during an Epic sale for around the same price.

FrozenFlame

Man, I am curious about the Dawn of War series but I am complete garbage at RTS games and it would likely be a complete waste of money on my part to buy them.
It has been a long time since I've played those but I was not really good at RTS but I didn't had any issues with those (singleplayer). Perhaps the first one is a bit more tricky since it's the traditional RTS, but DoW2 feels more like a RPG than a RTS. Retribution was ok (there wasn't really a focus on the campaign) and DoW3... well... it's crap.

Hinedorf

Banned
Or you could sign up for MS PC Game pass where I've actually played several of those games on your list....wreckfest, Ori, Desperados 3... I've played all 3 of those games this year on game pass. If for some reason you can't recognize that deal, I would say Desperados 3 is well worth the cost

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The outer worlds is cheaper on GMG so scratch that, I'll get it there.

A general tip for everyone, check this website for anything you're looking to buy to make sure it's not cheaper elsewhere:

kiphalfton

These sales have been trash for years.

Rarely buy games directly on steam, just about always cheaper to buy a steam key elsewhere and activate it.

I have almost $120 in steam gift cards... and I only ever buy games discounted. So gonna be a long time before I buy anything off steam.

JayK47

Hmmm. Already?

I may pick up Need for Speed Heat. I have been enjoying the series lately. They are better than I expected.

Nothing else is really cheap enough to get me to buy at the moment. I am plenty busy with games I already own. Hoping for cheaper prices come Christmas.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Or you could sign up for MS PC Game pass where I've actually played several of those games on your list....wreckfest, Ori, Desperados 3... I've played all 3 of those games this year on game pass. If for some reason you can't recognize that deal, I would say Desperados 3 is well worth the cost
I already own all 3 of them on Steam despite having Gamepass from more than a year, but like you said those are great games.
And I know many people are like me: when I like a dev and the game is good, I buy it.
Desperado 3: best in the genre since Men of Courage
Wreckfest: Best arcade game since... a long, long time (almost 400 hours in it, I love this game so much)
Ori 2: Just amazing, very emotional and that gameplay *chief kiss*

JSoup

Banned
30% discount on Crosscode, get it nerds. It plays and feels like a long forgotten 2D Saturn RPG that never saw release.

This. I played this back when it was a flash game, it's come so far.
Also you reminded me that it has a DLC story I forgot about.

Guilty_AI

30% discount on Crosscode, get it nerds. It plays and feels like a long forgotten 2D Saturn RPG that never saw release.

Don't forget the manlea skin
manlea-600x418.png

oh, and the new home dlc i guess

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Fable
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider Legend
Oddworld Strangers Wrath
Amid Evil
Indie Game The Movie

That's it for me. There's loads I would buy, but I just haven't stumbled across the games yet. I really need to add stuff to my wishlist as I see it so I don't forget.
Oh wow. I didn't know stranger's wrath was on steam.

LordPezix

Butcher
Valfaris
Project Warlock
Neo Scavenger
Darkwood

Not bad for $26.

Have a bunch others I want but I tend to only buy when the discount is 60% or greater.

Vagswarm

There's a Platinum bundle with Vanquish and Bayonetta for $9 (normally $40). I remember playing Vanquish on the 360 and it was really good. Been hearing nothing but positive things about Bayonetta since forever.

PsyEd

My picks so far...

Like to be scared for an two hours or so...

Need some realistic fighting (early access yet solid gameplay)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Picked up the Textorcist for $3 and all of Binding of Isaac for $40.

I'm a happy camper.

teezzy

Banned
I've been wanting to play a Golden Sun-like game, might give this a shot.

FAIR WARNING: Combat in Ys is completely different from Golden Sun, and not turn based whatsoever. Keep that in mind. Ys is known for its bump system - sorta just running into enemies and killing 'em lol.

Here's some other turn based RPGs fwiw though...

Also if you're gonna look at Ys games... I had plenty of fun with this on PSP. I dont think they're all connected or anything like that

Cheers dude!

Ryu Kaiba

FAIR WARNING: Combat in Ys is completely different from Golden Sun, and not turn based whatsoever. Keep that in mind. Ys is known for its bump system - sorta just running into enemies and killing 'em lol.

Here's some other turn based RPGs fwiw though...

Also if you're gonna look at Ys games... I had plenty of fun with this on PSP. I dont think they're all connected or anything like that

Cheers dude!
Yeah I don't mind a different battle style just looking for a neat rpg world and story. thanks for the list.

OOh Trails looks remastered really good, and I've heard good things about it. Grabbing that

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Thinking of getting a smallish indie game to casually play after work (aka, I'm too tired to play something intensive), any feedback on any of these:

Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager
I too would like to know this about that game. Have had my eye on it for a while now.

Maybe I should just get it. Can always refund it (within the meager 2 hours of playtime).

amigastar

Just bought Dusk and played it, not sure why it got so good reviews. It's good so far but not 89/100 good. Maybe i have to play it some more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom