• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Returns Thursday June 27th

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
If you guys have a small amount left in your wallet then give this a try

Also glad I waited and now BR it's all fixed and at a sale price...

Now I'm just wondering should I get Crime Boss RC or not....since I only play SP than online/co-op...
How scary is Unspoken?

Wildebeest

Had both already, great games, but i did pick up the dlcs for both games.
A lot of people rate Attila as well, but the deal isn't as good. I was playing Shogun 2 again just last year, and it still holds up very well to me. Warhammer 1&2 just bored me in comparison.

Yuppie Psycho
The Shell Part II: Purgatorio
Kinkoi: Golden Loveriche (yes what of it)
ATOM RPG Trudograd
Catherine Classic
Shadow Man Remastered
Frogun
Boomerang X
Berserk Mode

Somebody shoot me

My list so far:

Ys Origins14'5 €
Ys Seven15 €
Ys Lacrimosa of Dana14 €
Zwei: The Arges Adventure4'5 €
Roadwarden5'5 €
Blasphemous II13'5 €
Tunic14'5 €
PowerSlave Exhumed7'5 €
Severed Steel4'2 €
Vertigo Remastered (VR)9'5 €
Sacred Gold2'5 €
Silver2 €

Mostly Steam Deck fuel, plus a few FPS games for playing on desktop and a few oldies too. Vertigo looks cool too, should be a nice excuse to remove the dust off my Index.

Anything here I should avoid and skip?
I was really unimpressed with Blasphemous 2 and I love the first game.
Ys Origins is amazing. Last great one of the series IMO. Make sure to get all the endings.

Got a cart full of games, just need to hit the buy button.

Prototype franchise
GTAIV Complete
Metal Slug 3
Titanfall 2
Tony Hawk 1 and 2

I'll think on it lol.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
What was the game that was like cyberpunk but really low res? always been looking to get it but forgot to put it on my wishlist
Depends what you mean by like cyberpunk and low-res.

If you mean a cyberpunk themed RPG, only i can think of are Shadowrun and The Ascent. Could you be refering to Fortune's Run?

T4keD0wN

Do you guys recommend V Rising?
Yes, ive put over 30 hours into it since 1.0 and i generally hate this genre, the gameplay is addictive as hell and big boss fights are awesome (what makes the game for me is that you can customize your own server to your liking)

Sophist

A game that i had my eyes on for sometime has a new historic low price. This game is only available on Steam and not offered anywhere else; don't expect a better deal anytime soon.
To be honest i don't know much about the game itself except that it's like old RPGs , looks original, and has good reviews. The price is still too high for me.
Has anyone played this game?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What was the game that was like cyberpunk but really low res? always been looking to get it but forgot to put it on my wishlist
Are you thinking of this one?

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
A game that i had my eyes on for sometime has a new historic low price. This game is only available on Steam and not offered anywhere else; don't expect a better deal anytime soon.
To be honest i don't know much about the game itself except that it's like old RPGs , looks original, and has good reviews. The price is still too high for me.
Looks good, I checked the Steam forum first to see if it has any violence towards the cat. Someone already asked, and the answer is no. So I will probably pick this up later today or tomorrow.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Kinda related, but If you like rats, tails of iron must be one the most hidden gems on steam.

I paid full price with zero regrets, for 3 euros it's a fucking steal.

People, buy this game.

Last edited:
This is my first Steam Summer Sale as a Steam Deck owner:

butters stotch singing GIF by South Park

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Ended up buying a LOT of games. Many of them are the ones I am buying again on PC, even though I own them on PlayStation.
  • Hades (been playing and loving Hades 2. Already have a platinum on Hades, but wanted to buy it again!)
  • Pyre (own on PS. Just supporting Supergiant)
  • Transistor (own on PS. Just supporting Supergiant)
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2
  • Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
  • Middle Earth Shadow of War
  • Civ 7
  • Dead Cells
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Children of Morta
  • Slime Rancher
  • Ape Out
  • Downwell
  • Valfaris
  • Rogue Legacy 2
  • Neon Abyss

Shit, also got BlazBlue Central Fiction for $10
The rollback update sold me on it.

Now I’m debating Age of Empires 2 DE or Expeditions: Rome, have had a real hankering for a strategy game. Hmmmm

hemo memo

Gold Member
Have we really got to the point that typing a few words in a search bar is deemed not easy?
If you have a list of 10+ games and you need to type each one to read the description and your search might get you different results and not the same game? Not hard just time consuming. I also said please so you don’t have to but it’s appreciated.

Holammer

I checked some semi-random games off my Steam wishlist (and some randos) on Cdkeys and made some big savings. Many games are 3-6 euros cheaper and the they are older ones that may have been featured in bundles once or twice already. Also saw Tinykin for 1,39€ which is a goddamned steal.
Still, surprising amount of games were much cheaper on Steam, but I did not keep a tally for examples.

siv22Jy.jpeg

amigastar

Just a question, is Battlefield 2042 worth it for 6 bucks? Can i randomly jump into a game and play everyone against everyone or do i have to communicate with other team players?
I just want a fun, mindless Multiplayer game.

Cyberpunkd

Just a question, is Battlefield 2042 worth it for 6 bucks? Can i randomly jump into a game and play everyone against everyone or do i have to communicate with other team players?
If you are asking - it’s not worth it.

SunnySideGuy

Neo Member

It's in a great spot now and I'm one of the shmucks that never left (have well over 300 hours). Unfortunately, there's no more new content coming since they announced they'll be moving more resources onto the next entry in the series, but they'll still update the game in terms of balance/bugs and the game is a ton of fun when I just feel like letting loose and just having a good time. Can't go wrong for $6

Last edited:

amigastar

It's in a great spot now and I'm one of the shmucks that never left (have well over 300 hours). Unfortunately, there's no more new content coming, but the support will be there and the game is a ton of fun when I just feel like letting loose and just having a good time. Can't go wrong for $6
OK, thanks.

Top Bottom