• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale Returns Thursday June 27th

This is my first Steam Summer Sale as a Steam Deck owner:

butters stotch singing GIF by South Park

Kevin Bacon Good Luck GIF by PeacockTV

geary

Big nothing for me which isn't surprising.

I always think I'd like this game but I refuse to buy it purely based off of the fact it was made by idiots that had pictures of Stalin on the walls of their studio. I rarely let politics influence my purchasing decisions but that combined with how pretentious the game seems puts me off.
Talking about pretentious.

Pejo

Man I had at least 25 games on my "under $10" category this time, most under $5 even. Best sale in a while according to my wishlist.

Now I just need more time...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sorry, I’m way behind on this thread and I’m probably not gonna read the previous pages.

Are there any standouts this year? Any must-haves? Has anyone started a list or anything?

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Sorry, I’m way behind on this thread and I’m probably not gonna read the previous pages.

Are there any standouts this year? Any must-haves? Has anyone started a list or anything?
i did a list of high new historical discounts of popular games

Ok, some new historical lows that seem worth it:

Higher discounts

The Witcher 3 is too, but you already own The Witcher 3

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Awesome suggestions Guilty_AI Guilty_AI

Question, should I have beaten Talos 1 in order to enjoy Talos 2?

Alpha Male

As a new PC gamer I am glad to participate in this sale. I've already spent a ton on Steam in the last few months so why not spend some more? Here's what I've picked up in this sale:

Frozen Synapse
Homeworld Remastered
Total War Shogun 2
Total War Napoleon
Command & Conquer Kane's Wrath

Id highly recommend checking out Frozen Synapse. It's a really cool unique game...I used to play the hell out of this on my first iPad years ago. The asynchronous online multiplayer was awesome!

Last edited:
Just a question, is Battlefield 2042 worth it for 6 bucks? Can i randomly jump into a game and play everyone against everyone or do i have to communicate with other team players?
I just want a fun, mindless Multiplayer game.
I have been playing bf since codename eagle. Never even finished my free 10 hours in this. I have tried going back in (gamepass) but I never last more than a round before I quit. I just find it dull. Bad levels and unfun gimmicks.

nikos

Just a question, is Battlefield 2042 worth it for 6 bucks? Can i randomly jump into a game and play everyone against everyone or do i have to communicate with other team players?
I just want a fun, mindless Multiplayer game.

It's exactly what you described, fun to jump in and start shooting. From my experience, nobody communicates in the game. I've even played it while listening to music, which I never do in FPS games because I'm usually playing competitively. Feels like an arcade shooter to me.

Schmendrick

You guys have time for this many games? Or are those just directly going into your backlog to never see the light of day again?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys have time for this many games? Or are those just directly going into your backlog to never see the light of day again?
My Steam library is so big there is absolutely zero chance I'll ever play everything I own. Though, to be fair, I usually do finish 52 (or more) games every year. Though, not all of them are on Steam.

Power Pro

Ugh, I really wish I could find a good JRPG to get on sale, but I have no idea what to get. I feel like I've play most of the really good ones already, so even when I look up lists of "best jrpgs on steam", it always gives me a list of things I've already finished. The only exception is maybe the Trails series, which is just...a huge commitment that I'm not sure I'm ready for.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ugh, I really wish I could find a good JRPG to get on sale, but I have no idea what to get. I feel like I've play most of the really good ones already, so even when I look up lists of "best jrpgs on steam", it always gives me a list of things I've already finished. The only exception is maybe the Trails series, which is just...a huge commitment that I'm not sure I'm ready for.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

bender

What time is it?
937ea816-ff06-4369-af8a-2edd65fe54fa_text.gif

Top Bottom