• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaskade

The Walking Dead is 18 bucks. I'm going to hold off and see if it hits a daily but I'm definitely going to get it at that price.

DSmalls84

Picked up Grimrock and cast my vote for Wticher 2. Solid first sale day for me. I got to buy a game I have been waiting for and didn't spend very much cash.

Shogun 2 is 10$ but the entire extensions are 24,99 (rise & fall of samurai)

this is without all the dlc clan packs... Not sure if I want... Maybe I should buy the base game first ?

gabbo

So, when Witcher 2 wins (which it will because I know every last damn one of you voted for it, right?) does it go on sale immediately for the duration of the sale? Does it become a daily? What do we think happens?

Probably some special daily deal that lasts for 8 hours.

justjim89

I hope so. Both AC and SR3 have been on sale numerous times. This is one of the only opportunities we'll have to get the Steam version of Witcher 2 on heavy discount.

Why do you say that? It hasn't gone on a big sale yet, but it could end up being a daily or something.

Cade

tumblr_m5prw5kpJl1r9ei9h.gif

Too many good deals. Hard Reset $3.75? Oath in Felghana $5.09?

I know I gotta wait, but it's so hard.

PaulLFC

Shogun 2 is 10$ but the entire extensions are 24,99 (rise & fall of samurai)

this is without all the dlc clan packs... Not sure if I want... Maybe I should buy the base game first ?
Disappointed in the Shogun prices, doesn't it say it's supposed to be 75% off the franchise? Hoping it's just a problem with it being the start of the sale and they'll go to 75% in a couple of hours.

Will be buying Fall of the Samurai if it does, otherwise no sale.

tauke

Oh crap Portal 2 is for USD $5. What's better is the two pack is worth USD $8.74!

I wonder if anyone here want to purchase it together with me as it means each copy is worth USD $4.37. I know the savings per person is worth 63 cents but over in my country, it can buy me a decent meal with that amount of money.

Do PM me if anyone interested in the two pack deal for Portal 2.

zulux21

Games to get

Terraria
Binding of Isaac

What else?

some games that are on my list that are likely going to be overlooked

bullethell GundeadliGne (there are two others in the collection but this is the only one with online co op)
Wizorb
action jrpg Ys oath
action jrpg Ys origin
action jrpg fortune summoners

there are others, but those will be the ones I will try to get my friends to buy, so i will mention them to you as well :p

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Call of Pripyat = great, Clear Sky = avoid, is that correct? I've only got the original.

Sorta. I liked Clear Sky, but it's easily the worst of the three. Very uneven.

Pripyat is all class though.

graywolf323

No KOA discount at all

3363474_o.gif

I'll just have to hope for a daily deal. I wonder if there's even anyone at 38 to say yes to a sale seeing as the Steam version is self published.

I don't think we will, EA dropped the MSRP to $39.99 but Steam is the only place still selling it at $60 since 38 Studios self-published it on Steam and they've gone out of business

vega435

Banned
20% is a shit discount no matter what excuse you want to think of.

20% is still better than 0%....

I love the entitlement some people have over obtaining games at a reduced rate. We should be glad there's even a sale going on right now and yet there's people whining for more? Fucking LOL, You can't be serious.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck I want to buy YS and Pixeljunk but...I know I need to wait for the daily deals...this is terrible.

Oath in Felghana will probably not be a daily by itself, because it's going to be part of the Indie Bundle on day 5.

Origin, who knows.

The Walking Dead is cheaper than I thought it would be for a normal discount. I'll wait and see if it's a daily before getting it though.

hlhbk

So is Modern Warfare 3 worth it at $30 for the single player only? Did they fix it so the center channel now works in a 5.1 setup unlike MW2?

Teknoman

Looking at my wishlist:

Just Cause 2 40% off @ 8.99
Ys Origin 40% off @ 11.99
Hard Reset 75% off @ 3.75
Noitu Love 2 50% off @ 2.49
Legend of Grimrock still 60% off @ 5.99

Sianos

Hmmm, Rayman Origins is really tempting me. I might take my chances and wait for a daily, 66% off would be the must buy point.

Help me decide, GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom