• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

I game without a license. Fuck the police.

we're onto you.
YTEEz.jpg

CRS

All three codes sent out. Have to work now so I'll be able to respond to any messages later tonight. Thanks again everyone.

VariantX

Went and bought borderlands GOTY as my first purchase in this steam sale, planning to spend around $50-60 when its all said and done hopefully.

If for some reason you haven't, you guys should definitely pick up Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for yourself and a friend. Great co-op game.

Jhriad

Anyone who asks if Half-Life series is worth it, needs their PC Gaming license revoked.

At that price I think most decent games are worth it. Personally I only ever played Half-Life 2 and I found it boring. Maybe I would have found it more engaging if I'd played through the first Half-Life. *shrug*

Yesterday I bought the indie bundle, Saira, 1000 Amps and Pixeljunk eden.

Today I want the next indie bundle and also Space Marine and From Dust. I'm getting a feeling that this sale is going to be brutal in terms of backlog.

And Space Chem has a cheap DLC as well, aaarhg. I love that game but I'm so slow getting to a solution.

At that price I think most decent games are worth it. Personally I only ever played Half-Life 2 and I found it boring. Maybe I would have found it more engaging if I'd played through the first Half-Life. *shrug*

Episode 2 jazzed up the formula a lot if I remember right.

eyeless

ahh, wish half-life 2 + episodes were together for 2.50 or something, as it is can't really justify buying them since i played them on the 360 in all their inferiority and i'm budgeting on what's left on a prepaid cc. and there's gonna be so much more.

also it's going to be soulcrushing if ac:rev doesn't win. one of the main things i wanted out of this sale.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Any chance Counter Strike Source will be 5 bucks (or even better 2,50)

Still thinking if I should buy HL pack....

So it looks like the whole Worms franchise is 75% off, not just Worms Reloaded. So a little tip:

Don't buy the Worms Complete Pack for $19.99. It's cheaper if you instead buy three items: Worms Reloaded GotY Edition, Worms Crazy Golf Pack, and Worms Ultimate Mayhem. Comes out to $16.76 and includes the same 11 items.

Salsa

Can you guys recommend some good games with 360 controller support?

boiling it down to dailies/flash/yesterday's deals/etc:

Space Marine
Sonic Generations
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

3 good games that are better with gamepad (Max Payne 3 supports it fine but I personally think it's much better with a kb/m)

feel

I was waiting for the Valve Complete pack deal to finally have all the Valve games on PC (have them all on console), but I already have Portal1,2,L4D2, TF2 and CS:S, all I really need is the Halflife games and CS1.6, so I'll bite on this Halflife bundle instead, buy CS1.6/CZ later on when they're discounted, and avoid having stuff I have zero interest in like Ricochet, Deathmatch Classic and Day Of Defeat on my library. Perfect.

I finally get to play the Lost Coast tech demo, as a console gamer I remember being sad it wasn't available on consoles back in 2006 or so. I'm also realizing I've never played BlueShift/Opposing Force.. I wonder if they hold up for a playthrough nowadays (I know original HL1 does).

Space Marine. Its Beautiful with a controller because of the mix of God of War style combat with third person shooter. Awesome game too.

Nut really, like half the games on Steam support controller. Just look for the controller enabled icon onthe page for each game.

vid

Played them all before, can't just drop 10 bucks to have it simply in my Steam collection can I? :)

As someone who first played through HL2 on the 360... yes, yes you can. It's worth the $10 just to have a better experience. BUY BUY BUY.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Never played Half Life 1 myself, debating whether I should get it.

From my comfy couch favorites, and in alphabetical order ;P

Borderlands, Assassin's Creed games, Aliens vs. Predator, Bastion, Bulletstorm, Darksiders, Darkness 2, Dead Island, Deus Ex, Dirt 3, Driver: SF, Skyrim (best with mods), Gatling Gears, Hard Reset, Just Cause 2, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Max Payne 3, Medal of Honor (menus require M+KB), Mirror's Edge, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Portal 2, Prototype, Rage, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Renegade Ops, Saints Row the Third, Spec Ops: The Line, Space Marine.

Just look for the controller enabled icon onthe page for each game.
Not all controller supported games have that icon though. I look for the icon but if I don't find it I'll check the forums or ask around.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
As someone who first played through HL2 on the 360... yes, yes you can. It's worth the $10 just to have a better experience. BUY BUY BUY.
I played them on PC! They're just not on my current steam account

Honestly just find a Orange Box retail key, they go for peanuts and you get bonus copies of ep1 /HL2 if you own them already.
Where can you buy this retail these days? Store I go to said they never got any for maybe a year or so anymore

I'm far from the biggest HL2 fan, and I don't think that I'd ever go back to replay vanilla HL2 or Episode 1. But episode 2 is pretty skippy and for $2 unless someone cannot / will not play FPS games I'd recommend it even if they didn't like HL or HL2.

I have 10 days left to see if steam will have a daily deal for AE all in costume pack. I ask this question before, but I was wondering if we can do dlc 4 pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom