• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. just wow. either the age demographic is younger or people have jaded memories.
HL 1 was one of the first story based FPS games that drew you in and never had traditional levels or cutscenes, it was made in a time when the games around it, really couldn't even hold a candle close. HL is worth playing, its a fantastic experience. if you got a problem with the graphics, try the source addition its a little better, not much different but some of the effects are better.

At that price I think most decent games are worth it. Personally I only ever played Half-Life 2 and I found it boring. Maybe I would have found it more engaging if I'd played through the first Half-Life. *shrug*

THANK YOU.

I played Half-Life 2, and it was so boring. Maybe it was groundbreaking at the time, but it was a mediocre shooter. I quit when I got to some horrible speedboat section of the game.

Oil Rush is amazing, the strategy is kind of hands off but I'm ok with that just zooming around looking for different angles to admire the game.... Really good pick up.

CBAFA7E7466E6F6466ABF5BF72482745F6959E92

Also lol f off HL haters.

HiiiLife

I think I might just pick up HL1 and 2 individually rather than the pack. Should I get the original Half Life or Half Life Source?

kidko

Couldn't resist Indie Bundle II. EYE looks insane, Universe Sandbox seems like something I could put on the tv and veg out to, and Botanicula is my sworn nemesis for beating Waking Mars for best audio at IGF, but to be honest it does sound really fresh @#$

Eyothrie

I wonder if Assassin's Creed 1&2 will become a daily? I've been meaning to give this series a shot for a long while now but never have

Alex

This Sonic game is pretty decent. Not sure why I bought it, but it's the best Sonic game I've played in a very long time, at least.

Really nice visuals and music too, it's a shame Nintendo's dollar store production values on their NSMB games can't take some notes.

THANK YOU.

I played Half-Life 2, and it was so boring. Maybe it was groundbreaking at the time, but it was a mediocre shooter. I quit when I got to some horrible speedboat section of the game.

Half Life is basically the only Valve game I don't particularly like. I'm curious to see how Half-Life 3 is going to turn out because it's going to need to make some really nice leaps in game design in order to get above the pack. The whole linear/adventury FPS thing is very played out right now, not to say it can't be good I mean I still want things like Bioshock Infinite even, but I think they are probably very pressured to do something defining with the game, which is why its taking so long.

I just wish they'd get it over and done with, so I could feel less guilty about asking for L4D3.

feel

Yes people, don't get payday, stick to L4D instead because the experience of shooting your way through a zombie apocalypse is exactly the same to pulling off heists on banks and etc.

Ignore the bad advices, get Payday, and get friends to play it with you.

gotee12

Alright, I'll host a SF:AE 4 pack.

I've hosted other packs before and learned that for me it's best to collect the paypal money before buying the four pack (I've had too many people back out on me if I purchase the pack before getting money).

PM me if you're interested. Once I get 3 folks on board, I'll buy and distribute immediately.

edit: if it's any consolation, I've got like 6 or so positive reviews on the GAF buy/sell/trade spreadsheet....

edit: looking for one last person

edit: slots all full pending payments

all done

Alright, I'll host a SF:AE 4 pack.

I've hosted other packs before and learned that for me it's best to collect the paypal money before buying the four pack (I've had too many people back out on me if I purchase the pack before getting money).

PM me if you're interested. Once I get 3 folks on board, I'll buy and distribute immediately.

edit: if it's any consolation, I've got like 6 or so positive reviews on the GAF buy/sell/trade spreadsheet....

Sent PM.

If game is currently not on sale at all, is there any possibility it might still go up for a daily deal or a flash deal? Or is it basically hopeless.

Wondering specifically about Magic 2013

Chavelo

THANK YOU.

FACT: You should stop playing gaming in general if you don't like Half-Life 1 or 2.

Ocho

For what it's worth, I got the Payday's 4 pack the other day and my buddies and I have been mindblown of how good this game is. Definitively check it out if you can get a full team.

Salsa

If game is currently not on sale at all, is there any possibility it might still go up for a daily deal or a flash deal?

totally

Is MP3 $22.50 in the US as well or is it just here in Brazil? Because the game launched here for $45 instead of $60.

Just for us in latin america. Paypal blocked me after helping 3 gaffers get it so if you could provide that for anyone that wants it that'd be great, but up to you good sir

Gilgamesh

I bought From Dust, the Binding of Isaac expansion, and the PixelJunk Eden soundtrack (oh no should I have waited for sale?!) today.

I already had Eden the game from Indie Royale and wanted the soundtrack. $1.20 is dirt cheap. Come to me, Baiyon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom