• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
Is Sonic Generations worth getting for $10 if I already own 360 version? Also is "The binding of Isaac" any good?

I'd say definitely go for Generations.

The PC version of Generations if pretty smooth and spectacular looking on PC, and for me it felt like the PC version felt more responsive.

Binding of Issac is a neat game, and for $2 you can't really go wrong, but I personally haven't had fun with it.

Did Bioshock 2 PC ever get Minerva's Den?

Because that is literally the only reason I would recommend getting that game

BS2 itself was okay but forgettable, Minerva's Den is a super-enjoyable short story set in the Bioshock universe

Yeah, it's only $5 too.

Is Toy Soldiers good? I hear it's like Battalion Wars.

Nothing like BW, but it's good. Basically it's a TD game where you can take control of your turrets and vehicles.

MRORANGE

My previous opinion on F3AR:

Completed F.3.A.R.

6rKJD.jpg

... can't really think of anything to say, it's ok I guess, combat is much tighter and better than fear 2, ai is smarter and the co-op and ranking systems do have a siginificant and VERY important part in the game, I do recommend playing co-op with a friend - if you can find the game cheap.

I guess if I had to rank them:

Fear 1 > Fear expansions > Fear 3 > Fear 2

DOA

Happy birthday to me, I got Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Alan Wake American Nightmare from a friend.

Instead of thinking "meh, these are fucking cheap gifts" it's "he could have saved money if he waited for the daily deals!"

ask him which line is worse...

i think the second one, it's like saying "you've bought this for how much? you could have saved 50% more on this store"

louiedog

For those who dislike GFWL, Signal Studios tweeted that they're adding Steamworks support for Toy Soldiers. I know it may influence some of you in deciding to make a purchase.

Tess3ract

Banned
Metro 2033 is a good game. Fear 3 is not a good game. Everyone already has Bioshock 2 and it was disappointing (though the combat is better than the first one)

Salsa

METRO IS ALREADY DISCOUNTED BY THE SAME AMOUNT ON GREEN MAN GAMING AND IT REGISTERS ON STEAM

vote for anything else

Piano

Banned
First Toy Soldiers is up for $2.50 as a flash sale...

I already have Toy Soldiers Cold War on 360 - is it worth getting the original?

Is it good on PC? Is there local multiplayer? Is the gameplay balance any less broken than Cold War?

Had to outlaw manual control of level 3 artillery and anti tank when playing multi in Cold War.

Goddamn Gaben... Went to Gamestop today and traded in the last of my 360 games (it broke a couple months ago) and converted all my GS credit to Steam wallet (yay $70 for the summer sale!)

Oh damn. You are objectively wrong if you don't vote for Metro 2033 (unless you already own it).

It is far and away the best game on that list.

feel

Dammit after 5 voting rounds I only cared about 1 game, Witcher 2, and it lost!

Already have Metro so I tossed a vote to F3AR because that's what gaf seems to want. "Vote 5 times" achievement get!

MormaPope

Banned
Is Toy Soldiers good? I hear it's like Battalion Wars.

It's a very atmospheric and heavily themed tower defense game. It's actually pretty fun and you can control the units you make individually, the units you create are actually really varied and there is strategy involved with playing the game.

AC Revelations while not as good as AC II was FAR BETTER than Brotherhood!

Thats a blatant lie.
Rome>>>>>>>>>>>>Istanbul
Not even counting that apart from the setting Brotherhood is more fun and much better game. Desmond and Ezio parts, the villians and story are much better also in BH.

First Toy Soldiers is up for $2.50 as a flash sale...

I already have Toy Soldiers Cold War on 360 - is it worth getting the original?

Is it good on PC? Is there local multiplayer? Is the gameplay balance any less broken than Cold War?

Had to outlaw manual control of level 3 artillery and anti tank when playing multi in Cold War.

Port is not optimized well and there is no multiplayer of any sort, but it does include all the the DLC, so you'll have 3 campaigns to go through for $2.50 which isn't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom