• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Only get clear sky if you must have more stalker. So yes, thats pretty much correct.

Clear sky is a fun romp but only shit is it broken.

I absolutely loved SoC and CoP, so I think I might bite on Clear Sky. Is it really that broken even with the Complete mods? Is the story good at least?

Wunder

BAH Just pulled the trigger on Indie Bundle I, Deathspank + Edge is too much for me, even if I already have Cave Story+. Any word on Anomaly or Lone Survivor?

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

XID: 440474954

......... damm

Raknar

Neo Member
This has got to be the first steam sale where I haven't bought something on the first day. Flash sales should keep things interesting though.

VALIS

But you can just wait until the last day and get it for that price...

Add it to your wishlist and take care of it on the last day.

Right, I know, but the point is some people seem so flummoxed by deciding whether to buy a game at 50% off or waiting the full week to see if it's 66% or (unlikely) 75%. If that's a $50 game, I can see the trepidation. Just wait it out. If it's not, you're talking about a few bucks. So go ahead and pull that trigger, cowboy.

I wouldn't be so sure.

Steam Scouts, we also have some fun activities scheduled - don't forget to earn your badges (and check out your existing ones).

P.S. Captain Price, if you are reading this - we have ventured inland to a meadow free of water, away from those angry beavers and mad minnow gangs. We think they may be hot on our tracks. It’s been a year but the day is finally upon us.

You just made my day. Seriously excites more than the sales. =D

I wonder when it starts.

PaineReign

Neo Member
BAH Just pulled the trigger on Indie Bundle I, Deathspank + Edge is too much for me, even if I already have Cave Story+. Any word on Anomaly or Lone Survivor?

General consensus is that they are both excellent :)

Just got a 503 error "service is not available" on Steam. Anyone else?

If I haven't played Saint's Row the Third before would it still be a good idea to just go wild on DLC purchases? I see a lot of stuff about new vehicles and weapons and such and I'm wondering if any of it being overpowered for somebody going through a first runthrough.
I got the season pass for free and still felt ripped off on how shitty the DLC was for SR. Stay away, the regular game is great but the DLC felt like an afterthought.

marrec

Banned

Anomaly and Lone Survivor are the two best games in the bundle if you ask me. Anomaly is a reverse TD with snazzy graphics and a silly but fun story and Lone Survivor is very different and very good.

Anyone feel like there is a chance for Rayman Origins to be less than $15 at some point during the sale?

cRmLB.jpg

But these flash deals are new so no one knows.

If I haven't played Saint's Row the Third before would it still be a good idea to just go wild on DLC purchases? I see a lot of stuff about new vehicles and weapons and such and I'm wondering if any of it being overpowered for somebody going through a first runthrough.

I used the shark gun from the Shark Attack pack A LOT.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think we will, I can't imagine a high profile game like Deus Ex not being a daily deal

Also, which Ys game is the good one? the one thats $5 right now? is the other one worth it too?

Both, but they're a bit different.

Oath is more of a traditional RPG - roaming around the world going to and from town and whatnot - and it's a little longer. Origin is more of a dungeon crawler/RPG, it all takes place in one tower (with various themed sections), but has three playable characters and more extras.

bender

What time is it?
I think we will. I think that Gabe is playing with us.

Doing that seems like a good way to generate ire which is why I have my doubts but your guess is as good as mine. Hopefully this is just a way to get more game exposure to the front page.

Wunder

Anomaly and Lone Survivor are the two best games in the bundle if you ask me. Anomaly is a reverse TD with snazzy graphics and a silly but fun story and Lone Survivor is very different and very good.

Thanks! Looking forward to it - played Edge on iOS and absolutely love it, and I didn't really get into Deathspank so I was hoping The Baconing was more streamlined/refined. Good to hear that the other two aren't dead weights!

kswiston

Seeing as how Heroes of Might & Magic VI is 50% and it's a daily, I'm thinking the same will happent to Rayman if it appears as a daily. In which case you might as well buy it now.

Ya, people are ignoring the fact that Ubisoft deals are typically horrible (the 75% off Clash of Heroes is a rarity), and that to them 50% is a steep deal. As you said, Heroes of Might and Magic VI was the same price on a daily 6 months ago during the winter sale. Their default sale price seems to be 25-33% off for games not featured in a daily or flash sale. The flash deals are the equivalent of a daily deal. At best the more popular ones will repeat as a daily. No way they undercut the flash deals. People would stop buying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom