• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so cruel that a flash deal changes every 2 hours. But I suppose if you timed it right and only slept for 5 hours and 59 minutes you wouldnt miss out on any of the deals.

Where are you getting this? Is there a live chat with a Valve guy somehwere? If so link?

summer camp group chat

Also... dun dun dun
HYfq

Jasoneyu

Damn flash sale through everything out of wack. Now I must decide whether to wait for a flash sale or a daily sale for max savings.

kswiston

Ok so if I hate RTSes will I like Shogun

If you want, you can play the Total War games like turn-based 4x games. I do. The real-time strategy parts give you more control over the individual skirmishes, probably letting you win against worse odds, but you can have the computer simulate the outcome if you don't like the real-time battles.

Flash sales remind me of the sales 2 years ago, which lasted for only 1 or 2 hours (of course all games overlapped during the sale).

Will get Portal 2, voted for Saints Row 3, and will check me wishlist to see actual reductions.

garath

Everyone vote for The Witcher 2, please.
Also, Might & Magic VI, worth it?

Why are people voting for Witcher 2? Hasn't that been on sale a bunch of times already? Vote Batman!

Also, I liked Might and Magic VI a lot for what it's worth. Best in the series for me.

Danj

Incidentally have you guys checked out the mobile steam client lately? You can see all the sale deals on there in a nice compact format. I've set my phone to remind me when the new Flash deal is due to go up and I can check (and buy if necessary) it from my phone!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I own it and have yet to play it. Until I do so, I will disagree with you! :mad:

Better get working on it! Otherwise you'll live with a lie for the rest of your life! :p

kswiston

Sword of Islam is somewhat recent and got a 75% deal. Binding of Isaac too last year, Out 2 weeks, bam sale discount.

Happens all the time with small publisher and indie stuff, but rarely with big publisher stuff. However, the New Vegas dlc was discounted shortly after release. I got the earlier stuff for 50-66% off and the last couple for 75% off. All within a couple months of release.

Portal 2 and Grimlock will be bought.

Someone convince me not to buy that Activision bundle. Only have Vampire from that bunch, so it's 8 games for €46 that almost never go on sale. Prototype, Singularity, Transformers, Gun... 5.75 per game. I need to think about this...

Incidentally have you guys checked out the mobile steam client lately? You can see all the sale deals on there in a nice compact format. I've set my phone to remind me when the new Flash deal is due to go up and I can check (and buy if necessary) it from my phone!

Nice, I didn't know it could do that. Downloading now.

Voted for The Witcher 2. $14.99 would be a great price for the game, but I have a feeling that the other two's bigger names and bigger discounts will lead them to prevail. Let's see how this "new deal every 8 hours" thing works out.

hlhbk

Can you download games remotely using the android Steam app? If you can would someone please let me know how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom