• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlhbk

Well if you buy the game to play them and not save money why even wait for the sale at all? Why not buy the game day one at full price? If you've managed to wait long enough for a game to have some kind of reduction then you should also be able to wait a few days to see if it gets any cheaper.

Spoken like a person who doesn't know the value of money. As you get older you learn to always save money whenever possible.

BiggNife

Which ARMAII game do I need for that one zombie mod thing, also is Deus Ex: Missing Link worth it? How long is it?

They even put a message about this on the ARMA II and Operation Arrowhead Steam pages:

Day Z Mod requires Arma II: Combined Operations which is made up of Arma II and Arma II: Operation Arrowhead

I guess a lot of people didn't know and got one or the other instead of CO by mistake.

kswiston

Eyeballing this Ubisoft pack.
I want Rayman & M&M VI for sure.
Kinda want Ass Creed & Driver
Already played BG&E
Dgaf about everything else.

I am in the same boat as you, but I also also want From Dust and am not as sure about Driver. Starting to lean the other way though. I already have Splinter Cell (rotting in the backlog) and Beyond Good and Evil. Sale price on the rest is 73% off normal price, which is great, but am I going to play AssCreed and Driver before they hit $20 regular price.... I still have to play AssCreed 2 and Brotherhood that I got cheap previously.

Recall

So 8 hour long flash sales mean if you sleep you might miss out. Stock up on all the coffee or plan your sleep patterns now! So crazy :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Welp, I don't think it has anything I want anymore.

Also I kinda wish there's an iPad version of the Steam app.

I think I'm going to hold off on Rayman. They didn't quite hit my impulse buy price and I'm certainly not suffering a game shortage. Next time Ubisoft, next time.

KarmaCow

So Legend of Grimrock... By default "Create Character mode" is off. Should it be on? Or is it tedious busy work?

It doesn't take long to create characters though the game doesn't really let you know what is important when you first start the game. You kinda need to play the game to know what skills and attributes you would want. It's not game breaking or anything, just kinda awkward.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am in the same boat as you, but I also also want From Dust and am not as sure about Driver. Starting to lean the other way though. I already have Splinter Cell (rotting in the backlog) and Beyond Good and Evil. Sale price on the rest is 73% off normal price, which is great, but am I going to play AssCreed and Driver before they hit $20 regular price.... I still have to play AssCreed 2 and Brotherhood that I got cheap previously.

Driver: SF is great fun, and I say this as somebody who doesn't typically care for the genre.

marrec

Banned

I'm biting on the Ubi Pack when I get paid, MMIV and Rayman + a bonus of AssCreed BroHood and Driver SanFran and Black and White 2011?

Though, if you aren't going to play Brotherhood immediately then hesitation may be in order.

I just started playing Witcher 2. Should I stop and pick up Witcher 1 and play that first?

They're both great, but the stories are so far removed from one another who can actually play Witcher 1 after Witcher 2. It'll just be a lot jankier and not as good looking obviously.

chixdiggit

Tedious busy work for the first playthough, just use the default set up unless you're way into character creation.
It doesn't take long to create characters though the game doesn't really let you know what is important when you first start the game. You kinda need to play the game to know what skills and attributes you would want. It's not game breaking or anything, just kinda awkward.

Thanks guys. I'll leave it off.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So Legend of Grimrock... By default "Create Character mode" is off. Should it be on? Or is it tedious busy work?

Start with default, notice your mistakes 1 hour later, start over again with better party.

Dennis

Banned
Good man. Also make sure you check out the first Crusader Kings 2 expansion which is on sale for $2.50.

Glad to see a few people picking up Crusader Kings 2. Excellent game.

Yeah, I was amazed to see that Sword of Islam at -75% off already.

Time to smite the infidel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom