• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
15108_brass_scales_of7lpjm.png

Also I thought Batman AA was actually quite a shit game ... but I accept this is generally an unpopular opinion.

Forbiden

Fuck me, just when I thought that I was done with the summer sale for good after getting Skyrim, Arkham City goes on sale....the only comfort I get in this is that I know for sure now that I am done

I guess a region go around is a bad idea...

Actually how does that while thing work on steam (can you still buy it, will it show in the library , will it play, etc)

Please explain. I am looking for a reason not to purchase it right now lol.

The game is fucking awesome. You fly around as Batman beating bitches up, that's all that needs to be said really. I really don't get why people seem to have liked it less then the first game. Neither one has the best story, but they're okay and the gameplay is fuck awesome so that balances it out.

If you are at all a fan of Batman, you want it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess a region go around is a bad idea...

Using a VPN to purchase content through a different Store region is a giant no-no. Bypassing regional restrictions/price-hikes via Steam's own Gifting and Trading systems, and even using a VPN to activate a region-locked key, are both fine.

(._.)

Banned
15108_brass_scales_of7lpjm.png

Also I thought Batman AA was actually quite a shit game ... but I accept this is generally an unpopular opinion.

I've been playing it and GFWL really hasn't been all that intrusive. It asks you to log in once and activate the game. I think you have to be online to play the game also but I'm always online so it's not a big deal. If my internet goes out sometime while I'm playing my opinion may change a bit.

OniShiro

Banned
Why is renegade ops displayed in a small rectangle with huge black bars around the screen? any way to fix it so that it runs full screen?

For Batman, I see the whole franchise is 82 percent off, but individually they are 66 percent off. I'm not interested in the DLC and I don't want to pay 25 bucks for the whole pack. Is this %66 percent a better discount than the non flash deal price (seeing as how the flash deal is actually the franchise at 82). So AA or AC wont be lower than this individually (66%)?

Bentendo

I've been playing it and GFWL really hasn't been all that intrusive. It asks you to log in once and activate the game. I think you have to be online to play the game also but I'm always online so it's not a big deal. If my internet goes out sometime while I'm playing my opinion may change a bit.

You have to be online always 0_0 Fuck why did I buy this game again?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Tempted to nab the DLC for Arkham City... though I dunno when I'd play it. I wanna run through Arkham Asylum again soon anyway, and that's definitely the better game as far as I'm concerned.

HBroward

Hmm, seems like buying just Batman Arkham City + the DLC would cost almost as much as simply buying the whole Batman pack. I already have Arkham Asylum though, what should I do GAF?

After contemplating that very thing, I broke and bought the pack. I didn't want to leave any AC dlc on the table, so it seemed stupid to leave Imposters and all it's dlc on the chopping block over $4.

Smash88

Banned
I feel sorry for all the people that are getting Gotham City Imposters.

FYI Matchmaking is broken, the game is broken, the game is GFWL. It kicks you out randomly and without reason. Go read the Steam forums.

If you're getting this package mainly for Gotham City Imposters you are wasting money.

I own retail Batman: AC. I hate myself for buying a game on a disk in this day and age, missing out on that Harley Quinn DLC for 1/3 that I cannot get for the disk version.

Never buying disk again! Steam all the way to the grave.

Damn, I bought Arkham City during the Winter sale and still haven't got around to playing it! I want all of the DLC, but I bought my copy on GMG and apparently buying DLC on Steam (even though it uses GFWL) doesn't work... Ugh. What is the reasoning behind that? Especially when it's just redeemed in GFWL and tied to that account. It doesn't make sense.

Oh, Gotham City Impostors is awesome when you can find matches. I put in 50 hours or so and loved it, very fun game. There are a couple of cheap weapons though, namely the Thunder Dragon and Witch Doctor.

Eusis

Man, figures that I get this then thanks to changed credentials I have problems logging into my GFWL account. Even though it works just fine on the website. I'm glad I wasn't one of those dumbasses who scoffed at people who treated it as a deal breaker, the most my defenses were was for it not being the WORST thing that could happen to a PC port.

MasLegio

Banned
seems I missed Witcher 2.....

thats my punishment for not having a sleep disorder and not being a 24/7 stay indoors nerd with no life I guess

seriously though, the flash sales need to be at least 10 hours so that us with normal sleeping patterns do not miss anything

I own retail Batman: AC. I hate myself for buying a game on a disk in this day and age, missing out on that Harley Quinn DLC for 1/3 that I cannot get for the disk version.

Never buying disk again! Steam all the way to the grave.

Pretty much. The only discs version of games I've bought in the last 3 years was the collectors edition of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 which don't exist on Steam anyway.

goober

thats my punishment for not having a sleep disorder and not being a 24/7 stay indoors nerd with no life I guess

seriously though, the flash sales need to be at least 10 hours so that us with normal sleeping patterns do not miss anything

lol so salty

Exuro

Well, it's been number 1 for a while so there's a decent chance it'll be in the encore during the last day(if they're still doing that).

Mairu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom