• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten the Indie Bundle III?

I'm willing to push the button just for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.

I've already got every game in it, if that counts. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet is the first GFWL game where I had issues. My save became corrupted towards the end. Made me so angry. Good game besides that issue.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Welp. Fuck Ubisoft. Fuck Online DRM.
Bought M&M VI, can't even play the game cause I can't log into this Uplay BS.
And people try to defend DIII and its always online DRM. nopenopenope. Never again.

OK so its not just me, and yes Fuck Ubisoft. I really wanted to marathon Assassins Creed 2 for the next 5 or 6 hours today but every hour it's down is another hour less for those plans.

Ultimadrago

Opinions on the games in today's Indie Pack? A Valley Without Wind looks especially intriguing. I'd also be curious to see how Sword and Sworcery turned out on the PC; I enjoyed the iOS version very much.

I can speak on Swords, which I beat recently on PC.

The music, of course, sounds much better on a good PC than it does on an iOS device. It looks crisp and ran smoothly constantly for me. The controls with the mouse were also very responsive with my clicking and swiping.

So, a thumbs up to Sworcery on the PC.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I'm really enjoying the hell out of DarkStar One. And I want other people to check it out as well. So here's the deal. The first person who gives me some sort of visual proof that they like space sims (such as Freelancer) and can promise that they'll actually play DSO and not just store it in their library forever will be sent the Patricians and Merchants Pack, which includes DarkStar One, Patrician III, and The Great Art Race. Note that I know nothing about the other two games. it's just that buying the pack is the only way to get DSO on sale for some reason.

Anyway, yeah, there you have it. Gogogo!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How are the Windows versions of the Prince of Persia games? Any BS DRM? If so, for what title(s)?

9.99€ for all of the PoP games from Sands of Time and forward is just so damn cheap!

EDIT: The page for Prince of Persia Complete Pack says there is Ubisoft DRM in one or more of the games, but none of the games' individual pages say anything of the sort.

Koroviev

No idea. What I do know is that the chances of me being another Ubisoft game again (that isn't Rayman) are very low.
My list of companies that I refuse to support is slowly growing.

I'm glad Rayman is the only Ubisoft game I picked up. Steering clear of any others.

Welp. Fuck Ubisoft. Fuck Online DRM.
Bought M&M VI, can't even play the game cause I can't log into this Uplay BS.
And people try to defend DIII and its always online DRM. nopenopenope. Never again.

This is why I refuse to buy Anno 2070 and HoMM 6 for more than 5€. Hopefully they'll release them on GOG in 5 years or so.

kadotsu

Banned
How are the Windows versions of the Prince of Persia games? Any BS DRM? If so, for what title(s)?

9.99€ for all of the PoP games from Sands of Time and forward is just so damn cheap!

Only Forgotten Sands has always online DRM you'll get thrown out of the game if you lose connection to the DRM server. The rest is fine (and the games are better, too).

Joe Molotov

PoP 2008 and Forgotten Sands have native 360 controller support, the other 3 don't. Forgotten Sands has the Ubisoft uPlay loader.

Murkas

Anything I should know about Darkness 2? I haven't played the first one.

Terrible port/DRM? Need to play the first one to get the story? Not all that great?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Only Forgotten Sands has always online DRM you'll get thrown out of the game if you lose connection to the DRM server. The rest is fine (and the games are better, too).

Ok, doesn't sound too bad. Is the always online DRM some shit that gets installed on your computer (hate that), or is it just within the game itself?

Hawk269

Originally Posted by Hawk269:
This will be my second "Pay it forward" offer to the Gaf community. My first was giving away 3 copies of Renegade Ops and I about to do another one for Magicka. I will have 3 copies of Magicka to give out to 3 Gaf users. As with the first give-away, I went with a little quiz related to U2 since I am a U2 fan!!! So in the next 10-15min I will be making another post with a few questions.

The Rules:

1. Only 1 attempt at answering the questions.
2. PM *ONLY* your responses to me. DO NOT post your answers in the thread.
3. Please provide your Steam Name/Steam ID or a link to your Steam ID/Name so it is easy for me to give you your game.

....and lastly....

I urge anyone that has the means financially to do this if you can. I know alot of gamers here are tight for cash or out of work etc and if getting a free game helps, then that is a good thing...so pay it forward if you can.

Here are the questions. Please ensure you following the rules above. Thanks for playing!!!

1. What is the name of U2's 3rd Studio Album and the title of the last track on that album?

2. What is the name of U2's long time Manager?

3. What is the name of the Tour that featured a Claw like/Spaceship looking stage?

4. What song is this lyric from "And these are the days when our work has come asunder, And these are the days when we look for something other"?

5. What song is this lyric from "Where you live should not decide, Whether you live or whether you die"?

Good luck to those that want to play!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 1 correct entry so far. Posting this for the new page. 2 more copies of Magicka are up for grabs.

Enco

Mount & Blade: Warband is freaking brilliant. Came out of nowhere and BOOM! Thanks to Tony for the free keys he gave out but I would have happily paid the price for it. It's really great. I'll be picking up the Napoleon DLC.

kafiend

So I'm really enjoying the hell out of DarkStar One. And I want other people to check it out as well. So here's the deal. The first person who gives me some sort of visual proof that they like space sims (such as Freelancer) and can promise that they'll actually play DSO and not just store it in their library forever will be sent the Patricians and Merchants Pack, which includes DarkStar One, Patrician III, and The Great Art Race. Note that I know nothing about the other two games. it's just that buying the pack is the only way to get DSO on sale for some reason.

Anyway, yeah, there you have it. Gogogo!

Heres a screenshot I uploaded yesterday? http://steamcommunity.com/id/kafiend/screenshot/578961482050123620?tab=public

Unicorn

Come on sword of the stars: Lords of winter. Be cheaper. Biggest letdown of last year when it was released utterly unplayable. That's ain't no hyperbole either.

40% isn't near enough.

Sciz

Coming from the guy who wrote the Serious Sam 3 OT, it's well worth ten bucks if you enjoy classic, uncomplicated "shoot everything that moves" FPS. Give it a few levels to kick into high gear.

HoosTrax

Were you able to actually get DarkStarOne to play properly in widescreen? That's the only thing that kept me from playing it through.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hot damn, 300 pages of Steamy goodness!

I haven't tried MS Flight yet, but it's FTP. Does anyone know of any of the DLC packs that are especially awesome?

Monarch

Banned
So far, my first steam sale is looking gooooood

Deux Ex: HR for 7.49€
Portal 2 for 4.99€
Total War Shogun 2 for 9.99€
Trine 2 for 3.75€
The Witcher 2 for 15.99€

42.21€ for 5 amazing games. And they were all daily/flash deals :)
Now I have a backlog, feels weird (never had one when I had only a PS3)
Like I can't give proper love for each and every game like I used to :(

Dipswitch

So....Trine 2. Is it worth springing for the collectors edition? Watched the trailer and soundtrack seemed cool, but would welcome some opinions anyway.

HiiiLife

So does someone mind telling me the consensus on GFWL? It seems like its universally hated. Not only that. But how will I know which Steam games are GFWL? I don't wanna buy one and end up having problems cause Windows Live.

GAF, what say you?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Coming from the guy who wrote the Serious Sam 3 OT, it's well worth ten bucks if you enjoy classic, uncomplicated "shoot everything that moves" FPS. Give it a few levels to kick into high gear.

I recommend it as well. Its like the love letter to all the FPS fans that don't like the cover based ways of the new game. Circle strafing and health packs forever!

What's Killing Floor like? Everything I'm seeing seems to be MP centric, is there a single player mode? Also how does it fare on lower-end PC's? Mine runs games say more than a year or two old roughly well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom