• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
First SSF crashed at GFWL connect, now it won't even start. I'll never buy a Capcom game on PC again, dammit.

A reason you might not want to buy Vessel - it's in an Indie bundle a few days from now.

Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver

Of course if you own the other 4, obviously $3.74 is a better deal than $9.99, but if you want at least 3 of them, you're better off waiting :)

(The consensus reception seems to be Avadon, Dungeons of Dreadmor > Qube > Vessel > Zombie Driver in quality in their respect genres--I've personally only played Dungeons of Dredmor)

Hmm, Qube and Vessel are the only two I don't have so I guess I'd be better off buying them now. Too bad I can't get giftable copies of the others.

goober

A reason you might not want to buy Vessel - it's in an Indie bundle a few days from now.

Of course if you own the other 4, obviously $3.74 is a better deal than $9.99, but if you want at least 3 of them, you're better off waiting :)

(The consensus reception seems to be Avadon, Dungeons of Dreadmor > Qube > Vessel > Zombie Driver in quality in their respect genres--I've personally only played Dungeons of Dredmor)

Was Avadon in an indie bundle before?

Ultimadrago

How is Dredmor?

Megasoum

Banned
Fuck.....YESSSS Vessel! I was about 10min away from ignoring the first rule and pulling the trigger at the 8$ price until I saw that the flash deal would update soon.

I don't really care for the other games in the bundle on wednesday so I'm a happy camper now!

Now the only game missing is ARMA 2!

hlhbk

Guess, I'll pass for now. The game is THAT good though.

There aren't many reason to turn on the PS3 these days. So, getting on the PC seemed logical.

I was hoping for something else. I played the demo and found it quite boring.

edit:

Yeah, this bugs me. The game is good enough that I was willing to look past it though.

I am telling you did get the PC version.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
First SSF crashed at GFWL connect, now it won't even start. I'll never buy a Capcom game on PC again, dammit.

aaand back to crash at GFWL connect. Why did I pay for this again?

HoosTrax

Wow people are having some seriously bad luck with uPlay and GFWL the past few days. For what it's worth, I put about 200 hours into Anno without experiencing issues with uPlay, but I can appreciate how annoying it would be if it went down considering they tied some major features/functionality (particularly for Continuous Mode) into being online-only for no good reason.

Artofwar420

I'm already out of money! I already got Blood Money (everyone get it) last sale, are the other Hitman games recommendable?

rJCei.jpg

HiiiLife

Best games in order: Blood Money, Silent Assassin and then Code 47.
You can't go wrong with Blood Money.

So is Contracts required to understand what's going on in story? I've only played part 2 and blood money. Never got to play part 1 cause I didnt have a PC and contracts just went under my radar at the time.

Helmholtz

These days it's working like crap because of maintenance, I believe. A lot of people have been complaining lately because of that. I just couldn't play at all, after waiting for an eternity so the client could update the log in didn't work. I don't know if you played lately, but what before was a simple launcher is now a full client (pretty much like Origin). So now you have to launch it on Steam, and then do so again on the damn Uplay crap. And... That's it.
Interesting... I played and finished the game late last month. I just launched the game on steam, it brought up a pretty simple uPlay launcher, I pressed the big play button and it launched the game. No issues when I played.

Where did you get that information from?

I'm already out of money! I already got Blood Money (everyone get it) last sale, are the other Hitman games recommendable?

rJCei.jpg

The other games haven't age very well. Codename 47 is not very well optimized for fast PC. Controls are pretty bad for KB/M, Silent assassin very hard to play after playing Blood Money.

MRORANGE

Might as well kill 3 birds with one stone/bundle.

Artofwar420

This seems like a nice summary of the Hitman games http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39896182&postcount=79:

Hitman: Codename 47 (played to completion)

For those who may not be familiar with the series, Hitman is a stealth/assassination game. The stealth here is not hiding but blending into the crowd, mainly through disguises. A typical level is very open-ended with multitude of ways to eliminate the targets. Mission rewards vary based on how messy or clean you do the job.

This game has not aged very well. The jungle levels are the worst. But there are some really good levels that are fun to play. The initial triad levels and the hotel level later on are what makes this game worth buying.

Hitman: Silent Assassin (played to completion)

The second game introduced a rating system for the missions. "Silent Assassin" is the coveted rating where the player manages to eliminate the targets without any alerts or collateral damage.

This game is a significant step forward from the first. The weapons, items (like syringes with sedatives and poison), level design are all improved for the most part. For those not familiar with the game mechanics, the first mission doesn't make any effort to explain said mechanics. So that could be a rough start. A nitpicking I have with the game is the painfully slow sneak speed.

Hitman: Blood Money (played to completion)

Blood Money is the definitive Hitman game to date (hopefully Absolution changes that). The controls are much better than any other previous game. Pretty much all levels are brilliant with one of the best open-level design to be found in games. The fact that any mission rating can be achieved in a number of ways, and there are multiple ratings, is a testament to the excellence of the level design. For the uninitiated, the first mission is linear handholding stuff that explains all the core mechanics. As for negatives, I don't like the final mission in this game. Much like in the second game, achieving the Silent Assassin rating on Pro difficulty is a most satisfying experience.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
TWD is really good, I was only going to play a little bit of it and before I knew it I was finished with the first episode... ugh, I should have waited until all of the episodes were released to start playing.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
WTF, can't start the Dirt 2 demo. Have it installed and everything, but trying to start it just takes me to the game's store page. No Dirt 2 for me then, I guess (wanna see how it runs on my computer before buying).

Megasoum

Banned
Glad I tried the base version of MS Flight before I did anything rash.

*Delete Local Content*

My dream (and I know it's never gonna happen) would be to have Flight Simulator X with Steam Workshop support.... Imagine all the thousands of addon you could easily install without having to rely badly designed 3rd party websites.

Bought:
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
Hitman Collection
Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn
Plants vs. Zombies
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Three
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3
Star Wars: KOTOR
Borderlands
Splintercell: Chaos Theory
Indie Game: The Movie
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack, Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings, Lara Croft GOL DLC: Things the Go Boom, Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion, Lara Croft GOL
From Dust,
The Binding Of Isaac with Soundtrack
Legend of Grimrock
Terraria 4-Pack

Bought for gifting/trading:
Legend of Grimrock
Space Marine
Trine 2
Lara Croft:GOL
Indie Bundle 1
Alan Wake Franchise
Alice:MR
L.A. Noire
Skyrim
PvZ
Magicka

Total Damage? Way too much.

The only thing I'm looking for now really is Fallout 3: NV Complete Edition.

1-D_FTW

WTF, can't start the Dirt 2 demo. Have it installed and everything, but trying to start it just takes me to the game's store page. No Dirt 2 for me then, I guess (wanna see how it runs on my computer before buying).

Stupid question, but do you have Live installed? Sounds like a familiar problem. Or maybe you need to download a Live hotfix? This sounds real familiar and odds are very high it's something to do with GFWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom