• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, was out of town and no available internet connection for the past few days. Today is the first day of sales I've been around for.

Has The Witcher 2 been a daily deal yet? That was really the one game I was really looking to get from the sale...

Tomodachi

It's almost 2AM here, I have to go to sleep but I have to vote, else I'll just lose this round and the badge!

Gabe fix the voting already, this is unacceptable! >:E

Alts

I think I'm a few pages behind but feel free to add me too... I have one friend... ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pock3tmonster

Can anyone recommend Galactic Civilizations 2?

I adore GalCiv2, and there was some discussion earlier in the thread by people that agreed. The game is by no means perfect, and there are some more modern game concepts that could really enrich the play experience (stat tracking, etc.), but I've lost many nights on large galciv2 skirmishes.

LiK

Sorry, was out of town and no available internet connection for the past few days. Today is the first day of sales I've been around for.

Has The Witcher 2 been a daily deal yet? That was really the one game I was really looking to get from the sale...

it was a Flash sale for $15.99 a day ago

Koroviev

It was a flash deal. No daily deal yet, but it's a distinct possibility based on the appearance of SR3.

Retne

It was a flash sale for -60%. It hasn't been a daily or community vote yet so you still have a chance for it to pop up before the sales close out.

Fox318

VOTE FOR JUST CAUSE 2

I did my part...I think

FSUFA.gif

Amzin

In contrast to some other posters, I had zero issues playing Bastion with kb/mouse. I've beaten all the challenge maps except for the Bullshield one as well, usually took 2-3 tries so not like it was insanely hard or anything.

zkylon

zkylewd
So far I've been doing alright, just about 20 bucks spent on the Alan Wake CE stuff (I had gotten the game already with blue coins from Gamersgate), most the Saints Row The Third DLC and a Mount & Blade bundle I gifted a friend.

I'm thinking about Vessel now.

Tomodachi

I will set my alarm to 8 AM GMT+2 to make sure the system registered my vote, then I will hopefully get back to sleep.

This is what you're making me do Gabe. Are you happy now?

Koroviev

Only community deals have been repeated as flash/dailies as far as I can tell, not flash as dailies or vice versa. There is hope for those games on the recap day, though.

SR3 was technically a flash deal. No guarantees, but I think there's a good chance that Witcher 2 will show up again.

Okay, I just noticed that for the Batman Franchise Bundle, I didn't get a code for the Skins, nor does it say on Steam that I own it. Anyone else experience that? I'm guessing I have to contact Steam support, right?

EDIT: Same goes for the Challenge Map Pack.
EDIT 2: It says I own the Challenge Map Pack but I do not have a key for it.

haikira

i never had a problem when i bought it. Guess im lucky?

4 activations for the game, with a hidden revoke tool and no monthly reset. That's if i'm understanding correctly, what i'm reading around other boards. I'm normally one, not to get easily annoyed by this sort of thing. But seriously....

Juice

Is there any way to see my Steam library in a cover art view? Seeing the list as text makes it harder to pick something out to play at a glance.

At this point, the only game that I really am intending to buy is the Gods & Kings expansion. If it goes well below $15, I'm getting it.

C'mon Gabeeeeen! Don't disappoint meeee!

In contrast to some other posters, I had zero issues playing Bastion with kb/mouse. I've beaten all the challenge maps except for the Bullshield one as well, usually took 2-3 tries so not like it was insanely hard or anything.

no issues w/ kb/m here either. Great game...everything should have a badass narrator

SR3 was technically a flash deal. No guarantees, but I think there's a good chance that Witcher 2 will show up again.

No, it was voted in. Games up for vote have been showing up as daily and flash deals (as well as the other way around), but no flash deal has shown up as a daily and no daily has shown up as a flash. Saying it has a "good chance" is a bit of a stretch when it has already shown up as a vote and as a flash deal.

Koroviev

I will set my alarm to 8 AM GMT+2 to make sure the system registered my vote, then I will hopefully get back to sleep.

This is what you're making me do Gabe. Are you happy now?

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive all the Steam games, which Lord Gaben has promised to those who love him."

4 activations for the game, with a hidden revoke tool and no monthly reset. That's if i'm understanding correctly, what i'm reading around other boards. I'm normally one, not to get easily annoyed by this sort of thing. But seriously....

Didnt know that...that sucks.

Retne

Is there any way to see my Steam library in a cover art view? Seeing the list as text makes it harder to pick something out to play at a glance.

Upper right hand corner of your library there are 3 buttons labeled View. You want the far right one.

Thanks to everyone who added me!

Just wanted to ask a question to those who have Dungeon Defenders. It is auto-updating near every day to the point where it has become frustratingly annoying. I've tried turning off automatic updates in the properties menu but it doesn't seem to have had an impact. Is there something I'm not doing or I've missed that I can use to stop this process?

Maybe this is not the thread but, I played about 30 minutes of The Witcher and... does it ever get fun? Granted, the game was only 2.75USD, but except for the beautiful opening, the game is kinda boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom