• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

No, it was voted in. Games up for vote have been showing up as daily and flash deals (as well as the other way around), but no flash deal has shown up as a daily and no daily has shown up as a flash. Saying it has a "good chance" is a bit of a stretch when it has already shown up as a vote and as a flash deal.

Huh, I thought those were still considered flash deals.

I would be surprised if it didn't pop up on the last day of the sale.

Maybe this is not the thread but, I played about 30 minutes of The Witcher and... does it ever get fun? Granted, the game was only 2.75USD, but except for the beautiful opening, the game is kinda boring.

The first one has some polarizing opinions, but The Witcher 2 is for most people a lot better. The story is pretty self-contained.

PLEASE vote for GTAIV people! It hardly ever goes on sale. Dead Space 2 and Just Cause 2 go on sale regularly, just on Amazon for some change with a steam code just a few days ago.

Sober

Thanks to everyone who added me!

Just wanted to ask a question to those who have Dungeon Defenders. It is auto-updating near every day to the point where it has become frustratingly annoying. I've tried turning off automatic updates in the properties menu but it doesn't seem to have had an impact. Is there something I'm not doing or I've missed that I can use to stop this process?
Uninstall Dungeon Defenders, that's usually a good way to fix it.

Another 25 added to the steam wallet.....
KuGsj.gif

Katoki

Finally got home. Sifted through all the pages between then and now and still can't decide on what to vote for. First quote picks. Go!

Mr. F

Banned
In contrast to some other posters, I had zero issues playing Bastion with kb/mouse. I've beaten all the challenge maps except for the Bullshield one as well, usually took 2-3 tries so not like it was insanely hard or anything.

no issues w/ kb/m here either. Great game...everything should have a badass narrator

Good to know, got Bastion in the last Humble Bundle but hadn't yet tried it, was wondering if I needed to pick up a wired 360 controller.

celebi23

For all of you having problems with your vote sticking, if you open the Steam app, you'll see that your vote has been counted. It's just a problem with the website, not with the client. Oh should I buy The Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle? I like the LucasArts adventure games. I just wish that the Monkey Island 2 special edition was ported to Mac OS. Ah well, Wine it is :p

I'm confused. Apparently the only way to buy Serious Sam: First Encounter is in the "Serious same 3: Collectors Upgrade" pack for $2.49.

So my question is this, if I buy this pack and do NOT own Serious Sam 3, will I still be able to access the two games in this pack?

the3ye

Okay, I just noticed that for the Batman Franchise Bundle, I didn't get a code for the Skins, nor does it say on Steam that I own it. Anyone else experience that? I'm guessing I have to contact Steam support, right?

EDIT: Same goes for the Challenge Map Pack.
EDIT 2: It says I own the Challenge Map Pack but I do not have a key for it.

Yes, I sent them a ticket yesterday. No skins purchased in item page or cdkey tab

Katoki

Good to know, got Bastion in the last Humble Bundle but hadn't yet tried it, was wondering if I needed to pick up a wired 360 controller.

I'm told KBM is better. I've personally been playing with a controller so I can sit further back from the screen and chill and have had no problems. I figure aiming a bow may be easier with KBM though.

Lain

I didn't want to buy the Special Editions for Monkey Island 1 & 2 when they were released because I disliked the new graphics, but for 3,74€ I'm really thinking about getting the bundle. I just need to know if the music is unchanged from the old versions, basically if it is as good as it was or if they had to do some changes and it suffered for it.

For all of you having problems with your vote sticking, if you open the Steam app, you'll see that your vote has been counted. It's just a problem with the website, not with the client. Oh should I buy The Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle? I like the LucasArts adventure games. I just wish that the Monkey Island 2 special edition was ported to Mac OS. Ah well, Wine it is :p

same issue as the website. did get it to go through on android mobile though

Yeah Steam isn't taking my vote either. Also I finally have $20 in my account to last me this whole sale and the one game I want (SR3) is $12.50!? What a rip! Now I'm in a pickle considering most of the big titles people are buying, I got last year. What to do....

the3ye

I didn't want to buy the Special Editions for Monkey Island 1 & 2 when they were released because I disliked the new graphics, but for 3,74€ I'm really thinking about getting the bundle. I just need to know if the music is unchanged from the old versions, basically if it is as good as it was or if they had to do some changes and it suffered for it.

You do know that u can revert it to original graphics, right?

Mr. Hyde

I traded in Tales of Graces F for PS3 and got $26.00 so I picked up a $50.00 steam wallet card. I came home to buy The Walking Dead and Monkey Island SE bundle. I beat Monkey Island 1 many years ago but I want to replay the series.

So Far:

Trine 2
Portal 2
Alan Wake
The Walking Dead
Monkey Island

I have $31.27 left and not much else I want besides tomorrow's indie bundle. I held off on Skyrim and own most of the other good deals. I didn't buy Saints Row 3 because I have a Q6600 quad and a 8800 GTS. I fear it won't run good.

dmr87

Afaik, you can switch between the new and old graphics on the fly, also the sound. Need confirmation from others cause I'm not 100% sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Steam is fucking amazing. That is all.

feel

This poll shows as if I already voted, then on refresh it shows no vote, then I vote again for something different and it shows my original vote after the refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom