• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Its actually cheaper to get NV and the DLC vs getting the ultimate edition. Unless theres more than just the 3 DLC I see listed.

TGI0T.png

click "see all". There are 6 pieces of DLC.

Retne

I only saw 3 DLC listed when viewing NV page that's why I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying. How many DLC are there?

4 big ones and 2 small ones. The only one I have any experience with is Old World Blues and it's good. I've heard decent things about Honest Hearts but I haven't heard too much one way or the other about Lonesome Road or Dead Money.

F3: New Vegas UE essentially rounds out everything I wanted. Unless Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion, Quantum Conundrum, Costume Quest, or Risen 2 pop up, I think I am now done with the sale. Though, I will still check it religiously everyday. I can't help myself.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This vote is the easiest vote yet. Jagged Allience Back in Action is a neat and well done throwback to a genre that no longer really exists. Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 and Red Faction Guerilla are both universally hated sequels to far better games.

Danneee

Heck yes New Vegas!

Any american want to help me buy it? The price is pretty much the same for UE in dollar as the regular vesion in euro...

Beat New Vegas, really good game. I've never played Fallout 3 so I think I'd rather get that and play it than any New Vegas dlc. Is three going to be hard to go back to after playing NV?

Einbroch

Banned
This vote is the easiest vote yet. Jagged Allience Back in Action is a neat and well done throwback to a genre that no longer really exists. Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 and Red Faction Guerilla are both universally hated sequels to far better games.

Whoa whoa. RF:G was a good game.

HKnightz

what's so great about NV? heard characterization and writing are good...but why are you guys recommending it? Serious question just so I know what I'm buying :D

Retne

F3: New Vegas UE essentially rounds out everything I wanted. Unless Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion, Quantum Conundrum, Costume Quest, or Risen 2 pop up, I think I am now done with the sale. Though, I will still check it religiously everyday. I can't help myself.

Quantum Conundrum is available on amazon for $9. It activates on steam too.

Well I just got:
Fallout 3 GOTY
Fallout NV Ultimate
Dead Space 1 and 2

add that to:
Halflife Anthology
KOTOR
Portal 2
Left 4 Dead 2

I'm still under $50. All I have left to look out for is another Alan Wake Deal and ARMA II.

Levyne

Banned
Beat New Vegas, really good game. I've never played Fallout 3 so I think I'd rather get that and play it than any New Vegas dlc. Is three going to be hard to go back to after playing NV?

Theyre super similar mechanically. To me they feel like a late 90s age expansions to each other.

Fallout 3 incompatible for windows 7?

they changed it to not optimized now.

I guess they were getting a lot of tickets

fallout 3 GOTY is also on flash sale for $4.99 does that include all DLC?

Hmm now I am really thinking about trading my copy of Just Cause 2.

If anyone is willing to trade me either Dead Space 2 or Fallout 3 GOTY or Fallout New Vegas for Just Cause 2 let me know in the next few minutes before i buy it all myself

Yep it includes all 5 addon packs

Another episode of Back to the Future down. Bad as far as adventure gaming goes, but story has me eagerly going back each time.

Voted Jagged Alliance because it is the only game out of those three that I would play, but I'm not sure I'd pay $10 for it. Must be a bigger game than I thought if it released at $40, though.

I should finish New Vegas on 360. One of the side quests bugged on me (surprisingly, only one) and I haven't gone back to it since.

Retne

Tough call.

I don't really want anything under my new GFWL but it would be nice to have the game.

Is there any activation limit or other securom bullshit?

Nah it's just GFWL. If you don't want it on your GFWL account you can just create a dummy offline account so you don't have to bother with it. I did that and then stripped GFWL out entirely.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Guerilla is the open world game.

Armageddon is the one that followed that is a corridor shooter.

Then I recede my charge against it. I still think Jagged Alience is the easy choice because Guerrilla has been on sale so many times before, but if you missed those other sales and want it now its a fine vote.

Posting for new page since I didn't get a response:

What's the verdict on the X games?

I like EVE Online and these seem similar.

Worth it to get the whole pack? Or just Terran Conflict? And if Terran Conflict, Albion Prelude as well? Those two would be cheaper than the entire pack. Not sure if the others are worth it, even if they're cheap.

RedSwirl

In my opinion, vote for RFG people. One reason, not the only reason but my favorite reason, is that it's one of the only current gen games that actually has really fun cheats. The "super sledge" cheat alone is almost worth the price of the game. It's the main reason I still have it installed after like two years.

Retne

If you could absolutely only choose one between f3 goth and nv ultimate, which would it be?

That's a pretty tough call. Both games are great. The main questline in NV is better but the side quests are better in FO3. Really it's up to you but I would say they are pretty equal.

Tess3ract

Banned
I played FONV way the fuck back and I dont remember what mods or saves I had or anything, I don't really want to spend the time trying to figure out what was what, can I just use the same savefiles and reinstall from scratch? Or will that result in me starting the game up only to crash?

Posting for new page since I didn't get a response:

What's the verdict on the X games?

I like EVE Online and these seem similar.

Worth it to get the whole pack? Or just Terran Conflict? And if Terran Conflict, Albion Prelude as well? Those two would be cheaper than the entire pack. Not sure if the others are worth it, even if they're cheap.

It's like eve online single player.

The only ones worth buying unless you want to support them are Terran Conflict and albion Prelude.

If you could absolutely only choose one between f3 goth and nv ultimate, which would it be?

FONV hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom