• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuffyZoro

Flash deals:

If you look at them, the one that lasts longer seems to be the important one (in this case Rayman), the other ones are pretty much repeats of previous sales.

Steam has so many games at this point that im guessing this is just another way to deal with people who missed out on other games. I wouldnt hold my breath to see anything SUPER NEW there (again: except for the longest one), and it definetly wont feature a further discounted daily.

Rayman is only the longest because they want all the sales to end 2 hours apart, even on the first day. All of the future flash deals should last 8 hours.

Salsa

Rayman is only the longest because they want all the sales to end 2 hours apart, even on the first day. All of the future flash deals should last 8 hours.

Mh, you're probably right, but I still mantain that there'll be probably one big highlight and other older games

Wok

I don't like this... I was kind of counting on all three of those games (Batman, Saints Row and Wichter) to go on sale. Does this mean only ONE game will go on sale and none of them will be a daily? Too confusing. :/

All will be discounted. That's for sure. The first one to be discounted will be the community choice.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, seems they just wanted to have a bunch of off-set sales, in order to start how you have to manufacture the offset by making some of the initial ones longer and shorter

Salsa

Am I the only one who voted Batman even though I own all three just to get the Harley Quinn DLC cheaper?

damn you people

Ledsen

Things I bought so far:

Crusader Kings II DLC (Sword of Islam and two 0,49€ packs)

that's it

I have too many games

never forget:

Ledsen said:
This Steam sale... I will not buy even one game.

This is my promise.

This is my creed.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

edit: actually... technically I haven't bought a game yet :9

God, by the end of this sale I'll have over a hundred games I've yet to play, let alone beat. Well, granted, a ton of those are douple dips for games I already own on Xbox or PS3, but still. BUT THEY'RE SO CHEAP!?

Koroviev

Things I bought so far:

Crusader Kings II DLC (Sword of Islam and two 0,49€ packs)

that's it

I have too many games

never forget:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I was considering this, but I don't think I'll every play as a ruler in one of those territories. I prefer Eastern Europe/Scandinavia.

Ok, day and I have bought:

Terraria
Portal 2 (too cheap not to :p)

Now for the inevitable questions that Salsa already said would happen :D

GTA IV Complete Edition $11.24

Good price or wait for daily deal?

Bentendo

Of course.

For the same price though? I don't see what's the point of voting then. Is it just to get the deal earlier than we would have otherwise?

Terraria

My God. Wait for the daily deal. The GTA series is inevitably going to have one.

Ledsen

Terraria

If it's not at least 75% off...

WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEAL

unless you feel you can spare the extra $6 and want to play it right now :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Problem is anyone can type 'binary converter' and plug that sucker in. :p

True, was sort of hoping that a certain type of person would be quicker with their need to find out what it means. I assumed non-interested users were more likely to scroll over a block of numbers.

The next giveaway is better though. Actual thinking involved.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Got the polls to show up.

I'll get The Sims 3 later. I just need to know id the Showrime Katy Perry Collectors Edition has a download of that poster.

justjim89

Oooooh, Penumbra Pack is very tempting. And how is Stalker: Clear Sky? It's the cheapest one and I can't remember which is the one everybody shits on.

RustyO

Legend of Grimrock for me today.

Might also be tempted by Crusader Kings II... getting a little bit of a Defender of the Crown vibe to it... is it a good game? /wanders off to do reseach

Edit: Voted Witcher II...

Wok

For the same price though? I don't see what's the point of voting then. Is it just to get the deal earlier than we would have otherwise?

My God. Wait for the daily deal. The GTA series is inevitably going to have one.

I understand it à la GOG: the chosen game gets a slightly better discount.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Terraria

Buy it. There is zero chance it will ever be a daily deal.

Bog

Junior Ace
Had $15 in my Steam wallet prior to this, so I decided to get GTA: San Andreas and Half-Life 2 for $12. (this will be my first time playing both a GTA and a Half Life game!)

Pretty sure most us could have just sent you our 'gift' copy of HL2. Almost everyone I know has one.

usea

Am I the only one who voted Batman even though I own all three just to get the Harley Quinn DLC cheaper?

damn you people
I didn't vote at all because I don't want any of the games. I don't own any of them, either.

so far I bought:
space chem
pixeljunk eden
burn zombie burn

SappYoda

Flash sales? Damn

Steam needs autobuy.

If a game is less than specified price automatically buys the game.

KuGsj.gif

Enco

Terraria

Is it worth it to you at that price? If yes, buy it.

It's definitely worth it in my opinion but wait if you want to save a bit more.

MRORANGE

True, was sort of hoping that a certain type of person would be quicker with their need to find out what it means. I assumed non-interested users were more likely to scroll over a block of numbers.

The next giveaway is better though. Actual thinking involved.

-.. --- .. - .. -. -- --- .-. ... . -.-. --- -.. .

Terraria

It's always on sale for $10 as a daily, so just ask yourself if your going to play it today, otherwise wait.

Terraria

Wait for the daily. Or get the R* bundle that has GTA 4 + both episodes, LA Noire, and Max Payne 3 for $50. That bundle wont get any cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom