• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, new plan:

WVSZv.png

Again, yay or nay?

Tomodachi

I had a dream that Gabe Newell gave me a tour of iD studios. It was a dump. He gave me a big metal detector style device which he said was necessary to degauss the monitors to make the place safe to walk through.
And that's what Summer Sale does to you (among other things). God save us.

Can somebody help me getting the uncut version of Fallout 3 GOTY?
I can't use paypal or similar things though, maybe I can trade a game that costs as much or something?

Ok if you already own Fallout New Vegas, but don't have any DLC, then buying the Ultimate edition will update your version and all the DLC will be added. You can simply start were you left off and you'll be notified in-game that there are new quests available.

Is Dreamfall likely to be a daily? I want to get both games, but 12.49 euros doesn't seem great for games that age (and that's with 50% off as a general sale item).

$22.49. just 25% off

Thanks! A question for everyone, I have Dead Space on 360 and Dead Space 2 on PS3, but I'm awfully tempted by the discounted package available right now on Steam. How are the PC ports? How do they compare to the console versions? Particularly control-wise. I've never played this style of game on the PC. I only completed half of the first game and a few hours of the second game. I thoroughly enjoyed them both though, I just didn't have time to finish them due to other commitments.

Sysgen

Thanks! A question for everyone, I have Dead Space on 360 and Dead Space 2 on PS3, but I'm awfully tempted by the discounted package available right now on Steam. How are the PC ports? How do they compare to the console versions? Particularly control-wise. I've never played this style of game on the PC. I only completed half of the first game and a few hours of the second game. I thoroughly enjoyed them both though, I just didn't have time to finish them due to other commitments.

Steam Dead Space 2 registers on Origin. Play it there unless you want everything unlocked from the beginning essentially ruining the game.

HoosTrax

I don't suppose there's any way of upgrading my FO:NV to have the "Ultimate Edition" label if I already bought the base game and all of the DLC individually before they offered an ultimate edition?

dmr87

Have only tried Dead Space on PC and I don't remember any problems, I think it lacked a v-sync option but that can be solved outside the game. No idea about Dead Space 2, just bought it though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Steam Dead Space 2 registers on Origin. Play it there unless you want everything unlocked from the beginning essentially ruining the game.

What does this mean? DS2 is ruined if you play it through Steam...?

Get sands of time and forgotten sands, rather than the pack. The other games are shit.

Hmm, already have Sands of Time on the Gamecube (not quite the same, but still), so maybe I'll just skip them if the rest are shit. But isn't Two Thrones supposed to be good?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there no way to add a new CC to your steam account without actually purchasing a game[/adding Wallet funds]?

Nope. I'd thought that you could add one in the account settings section, since the option to delete cards is certainly there, but apparently not.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Welp, looks like I won't be buying much anymore.

Saving my money for IMAX ticket for the Dark Knight Rises this Saturday O:

dmr87

"The Steam version of Dead Space 2 includes a piece of DLC that unlocks better armor and all the weapons at the start, thereby negating the need to find schematics and decreasing the difficulty. It's recommended for full effect that on the first run through you play without this DLC. To remove this DLC, either play the game on Origin, or download the original .exe here.

Simply make a backup copy of the currently installed .exe, download the old .exe, and copy it to the Dead Space 2 directory. You'll then be able to play the game with out the extra unlocks. However, it recommended that you use the newer .exe for subsequent play-thoughs, as it properly unlocks some bonus items that you normally get for completing the game. "

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_2

So guys, I bought a few games last night totaling to be about $20. I woke up this morning and my bank account has $20 more than the night before :|

Best sale ever?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fart, I need to snag that New Vegas DLC before the deal runs out. Fuckin' work getting in the way of more important stuff like buying things from Steam. I should have another chance if and when NV gets a daily, though.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
"The Steam version of Dead Space 2 includes a piece of DLC that unlocks better armor and all the weapons at the start, thereby negating the need to find schematics and decreasing the difficulty. It's recommended for full effect that on the first run through you play without this DLC. To remove this DLC, either play the game on Origin, or download the original .exe here.

Simply make a backup copy of the currently installed .exe, download the old .exe, and copy it to the Dead Space 2 directory. You'll then be able to play the game with out the extra unlocks. However, it recommended that you use the newer .exe for subsequent play-thoughs, as it properly unlocks some bonus items that you normally get for completing the game. "

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Dead_Space_2

Hmm, that sounds stupid...

Ahh, such a good deal.

I thought so, but now I'm being told most of the PoP games are crap, so I don't know.

Still only got the Tribes starter pack so far. There are plenty of games I want today, but it would be dead money, since I know they'd sit unplayed for months. Namely X3: TC, Saints Row 3, and New Vegas.

MNC

Hmm, already have Sands of Time on the Gamecube (not quite the same, but still), so maybe I'll just skip them if the rest are shit. But isn't Two Thrones supposed to be good?

Just don't buy anything from the store that you did not get a schematic from/is 0 credits. All DLC items are 0 credits. I just skip those.

Dunlop

Nope. I'd thought that you could add one in the account settings section, since the option to delete cards is certainly there, but apparently not.

It's fucking retarded, hopefully no flash sales I want while I'm at work. I tried to add my CC with the app but it puts a ton of fields for me to fill in that do not seem related at all to what is needed for a credit card

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Just don't buy anything from the store that you did not get a schematic from/is 0 credits. All DLC items are 0 credits. I just skip those.

Ok, so you can just wait until you get the schematics before buying those, and then it'll basically be like playing it without that DLC?

DOA

for now my total is $146.18
i've got:

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn
The Walking Dead
Darkness II (ROW)
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
Legend of Grimrock
QUBE Game and Soundtrack Bundle
Mount and Blade: Warband
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Toy Soldiers
Max Payne 3 (ROW)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition

and we're only four days into it. there are still packages waiting in case of emergencies

What's the DRM like on the Steam versions of Dead Space 1 and 2? I didn't buy the Batman Franchise collection because I heard terrible stories about the DRM. I know they're from different Publishers, but this is still EA...

Also is there someone who might be able to help me purchase the Dead Space pack from the USA store please? It's $23+ on AUS Steam...

ShaneB

I'm showing a lot more restraint than I thought I would. Out of my 100$ budget, I'm down 50$ left. Think I'm being a little more strict in buying what I think I'll actually play. Although I guess the fact that I bought Witcher 2 spits that logic in the face considering I still need to play Witcher 1.

M*A*S*H

I thought so, but now I'm being told most of the PoP games are crap, so I don't know.

All of the modern PoP trilogy games are brilliant. The combat in SoT is pretty awful but the platforming throughout all three is stellar. I've never understood the hate the other two get, WW especially.

I'm showing a lot more restraint than I thought I would. Out of my 100$ budget, I'm down 50$ left. Think I'm being a little more strict in buying what I think I'll actually play. Although I guess the fact that I bought Witcher 2 spits that logic in the face considering I still need to play Witcher 1.

No, you did a good job buying Witcher 2.

My god I am addicted to Payday, and I've only played the first map.

So far I'm under the £20 mark but I've trying to control my purchases as there's still a fair bit to come!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
All of the modern PoP trilogy games are brilliant. The combat in SoT is pretty awful but the platforming throughout all three is stellar. I've never understood the hate the other two get, WW especially.

I played SoT on the Gamecube back in the day, and loved it. So my guess is that I'd like the other two as well. But ah, they can wait, I've got too much else to play anyway.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
It is still cheaper to buy NV: Ultimate edition than the DLC for vanilla Vegas :sigh:

So if I own the original New Vegas, Can I buy the ultimate edition? Because the store says I already own the game :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom