• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Oh damn it. I've really no interest in Saints Row. GTA type games don't really appeal to me, let alone one with as much crude absurdity as that one looks to have. I guess I'll just buy Witcher 2 at 40% off. Lord knows I'll get my money's worth out of it anyway.

it could still be a daily, wait.

Wok

I'm going to laugh when the chosen game only gets the Community Discount, but the games that lose get a daily deal with a bigger discount than given by the community.

You'll see.. YOU'LL ALL SEE

Or the day after the community discount ends, the same game is a daily deal with a bigger discount...

Mairu

Damn it. That vote is pretty close too. Hopefully the other days have some more great deals and I won't be angry that Witcher 2 lost when it would've won easily in a different poll.

Maybe Witcher 2 will go on sale for that much or less anyways... :(

Salsa

WOO!

As somebody who voted for Batman, I'm hyped. Just finished Arkham Asylum, and this was the one thing I was waiting on. Hoping they give the DLC the same discount..

Saints Row won dude

or at this point im thinking maybe its region based? there seems to be many people claiming different stuff

elkayes

How is Trials 2: Second Edition on PC? I know the XBLA versions are supposed to be godly.

Well there are no analog triggers instead throttle is on or off - you get used to that.
Apart from that its the same game with underwhelming graphics. Incredibly addicting.
65 tracks.

RetroMG

Well... I need to have my wife put a password on my Steam Wallet or something.

Purchases so far:

Flash Deal: Rayman Origins

Deal of the Day: Legend of Grimrock, Portal

Bundle: Bethesda Budle (I doubt I can get Skyrim, Brink and New Vegas and all the DLC cheaper than $50.)

Games that were none of the above but that I doubt will end up getting better deals: Cave Story+, Peggle, Peggle Nights, (Both for the wife) SimCity 4, Jade Empire

Whew.

1-D_FTW

Just noticed that Dustforce isn't discounted at all. Still at the full $9.99 price. Only game on my wishlist that's not discounted and has actually been released.

That and Dear Esther are the two titles on my list with nothing. And Quantum Conundrum went with 10 percent. I'm assuming all of those titles are going to either be daily deal or flash. But they're certainly not trying to temp anyone in the mean time.

Sober

99% of people who voted Batman or Saints Row 3 probably just wanted further discounted DLC. That's why I voted for Batman.

The Witcher 2 is so awesome that I came to the conclusion you should buy it at full price.

How is Trials 2: Second Edition on PC? I know the XBLA versions are supposed to be godly.

Both of the XBLA versions beat it to a bloody pulp, but if you don't have a 360 it's worth a punt at £1.49, you'll probably get your money's worth out of it.

RE: poll, I voted Batman as that's the only game I didn't already own.

Mothman91

Bought Half Life 2....got like another 15 bucks. How's Dungeon Defenders? btw, Mac only, so hopefully they add in more games that are available for Mac also.

The_Monk

Bought Half Life 2....got like another 15 bucks. How's Dungeon Defenders? btw, Mac only, so hopefully they add in more in more games that are available for Mac also.

Then geting Indie Bundle I is a most! They all work on Mac so you're good to go.

I really, really want to try Lone Survivor, seems to be the most exciting for me in that bundle...! But I can't get it right now.

Hope it helps. Good luck on those deals.

xJavonta

Banned
Is Grimrock worth $6 to someone relatively inexperienced in the genre of dungeon crawlers? The closest thing I've played to crawlers is Diablo 2 and 3. And Phantasy Star Online/Portable.

I just don't want to buy it and end up hating it.

Hawk269

Since I never have bought a bundle pack before off of steam, if I were to buy the Rockstar one, can I give one of the games out of the pack to someone else or will all the games in the pack automatically be in my library?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Imagine Valve asks whether we want Half-Life 3 or a hat for TF2, and the community chooses wrong...

The fact that atleast 1 person adds me every week to want to trade me for my earbuds scares me. And if this question was ever asked the hats would win out, big-time.

Could someone give me a quick rundown on the Ubisoft Collection? The only game I own from this bundle is From Dust, but I'm curious to know if this collection has some competent PC ports in it. It might be the best publisher pack available besides Valve's own.

Saints Row won dude

or at this point im thinking maybe its region based? there seems to be many people claiming different stuff

Wierd - it showed Batman as the winner for me, but now it's switched to SR3.
Meh. It'll be on sale at that price sometime this week, and I wanted to pick up Saints Row anyways.
I'm still happy.

Is Grimrock worth $6 to someone relatively inexperienced in the genre of dungeon crawlers? The closest thing I've played to crawlers is Diablo 2 and 3. And Phantasy Star Online/Portable.

You will probably like it. Theres puzzle solving and its first person and not easy. Thats all I can really describe to you.

I just walked in; can I not vote anymore for today's? Did I miss out on a badge opportunity?

Theres a new vote happening when the SR3 sale goes live.

RetroMG

Re: Poll - I voted for Batman, but if I'd thought about it more, I probably would have voted Saints Row for DLC. I liked SR better, but thought Batman would hold wider appeal. I do own both, though.

Sendou

I have no experience in playing dungeon crawlers but ended up liking Grimrock a lot. Go for it!

Y~

Anywho, first person to do my avatar as pixel art (read: not stretching it in and out in MS paint :3 ) gets Wizorb.

tr1Ed.png

Hey you didn't say that it had to be good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom