• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You will probably like it. Theres puzzle solving and its first person and not easy. Thats all I can really describe to you.

Theres a new vote happening when the SR3 sale goes live.

Yeah but there is one badge for voting EVERY time.

I don't know anything about the badge thing but there's going to be another vote as soon at Saint's Row goes live
You will probably like it. Theres puzzle solving and its first person and not easy. Thats all I can really describe to you.

Theres a new vote happening when the SR3 sale goes live.

Ah so I just need to vote once a day and there are multiple times a day it happens. Thanks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I thought it said just vote once a day?

Ah true, well one badge is still voting 20 times. So you need to vote at least twice a day.

Oh ya thats right. Well I guess I don't get it either because even though I voted the first time it didn't register for me. FUCK

Nvm what I said, 20 times is the highest. I was sort of thinking 1<5<10<20<"daily". My mind made a weird connection of the badges going up in difficulty.

Hagi

This is my first proper sale so excuse the stupid questions but do games in bundles get even lower prices? i want to pick up Darksiders and Borderlands but £10 each is too much for my wallet.

RetroMG

So, should I get Terraria? I mean, is it like Minecraft?

Yes and yes. It's like a 2D metroidvania version of Minecraft, but I think that Terraria has more to do overall. More Dungeons to explore, more bosses to fight, more items to get.

It's easily worth 5-10 times it's sale price. Go buy it.

EDIT: Aaaand after spending a ton of money on Steam sales I'm playing Terraria again. Way to go, me.

kamspy

Heads up to old CoD fans.

I was very LTTP to MW3 for the first time ever with a COD game.

Turns out it's the best one since MW1. DLC is half off, kill streaks are reigned in, and even though it's P2P on PC, it plays better than most shooters on my set up (borrowing neighbors wifi).

SP is longer than MW2 and BLOPS btw, and better.

Had I known it was as good as it is, I would have bought it day 1

Prezhulio

looking at it now, the witcher 2 is already advertised as $23.99 which is more than 60% off the $40....was that going to be a discount ON TOP of that discount????

if so, damn you all for denying my sub $10 witcher 2 :( (yes, i know amazon has had it for like $5 but i want the steam version)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm a bit disappointed that they're not doing any games this year. But maybe too many people were gaming the system for coal or tickets or whatever.

1-D_FTW

I'm gonna assume, out of the three voting games, the one with the biggest discount % will be the winner almost every time.

I think it depends really. I'm not surprised SR3 won, because that was a fairly even matchup. In the event of ties in popularity, biggest discount gets it.

Now if Arma goes 40 percent and the other two are 75 percent, Arma is going to win.

This is my first proper sale so excuse the stupid questions but do games in bundles get even lower prices? i want to pick up Darksiders and Borderlands but £10 each is too much for my wallet.
Yes, games in bundles can be dailies, unless their discount is something high like 75% off or more. But even so, you can safely wait until the last day of the sale to pick up whatever is discounted that never went to be a daily or flash deal, since bundle discounts usually stay like that throughout the sale.

feel

Dammit!!

I really hope these polls are only so that people can get the discounts on certain games sooner, and that they all eventually pop up as Flash or Daily sales.

the 3rd option would be L4D3 and would win by 50%

toddhunter_democracyxkutu.gif

Bendz

Banned
Oh damn it. I've really no interest in Saints Row. GTA type games don't really appeal to me, let alone one with as much crude absurdity as that one looks to have. I guess I'll just buy Witcher 2 at 40% off. Lord knows I'll get my money's worth out of it anyway.

The marketing for Saints Row: The Third did it a huge disservice in my opinion. The adult themes are very much tongue in cheek, and there is some genuine humour in there. The game is just lots of fun to play, I felt it had more structure to it than a GTA game, which personally I appreciated. Didn't think much of the first two games in the series but The Third was one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences of last year.

PS the voice acting is great too ;-)

Valnen

Dammit!!

I really hope these polls are only so that people can get the discounts on certain games sooner, and that they all eventually pop up as Flash or Daily sales.

Agreed. Every time I can totally see the community voting for a game I simply don't want.

justjim89

looking at it now, the witcher 2 is already advertised as $23.99 which is more than 60% off the $40....was that going to be a discount ON TOP of that discount????

if so, damn you all for denying my sub $10 witcher 2 :( (yes, i know amazon has had it for like $5 but i want the steam version)

Witcher 2 is $40. The current price is 40% off. 60% off would have been $15.99.

Trials HD and Trials evolution are basically Trials 3 and 4. They're just better, more refined games. The mechanics are a bit tweaked and work better, there's online play, more maps, map editor, huge etc

Ive seen some crazy stuff with that map editor, some creative things came out like LBP.

Ah true, well one badge is still voting 20 times. So you need to vote at least twice a day.

Nvm what I said, 20 times is the highest. I was sort of thinking 1<5<10<20<"daily". My mind made a weird connection of the badges going up in difficulty.

Ah I see. Well I'm gonna try to vote every single time to see what happens.

Thanks guys, I guess I'll be buying it

Its only 6 so its not too big of a risk if your hesitant.

Rflagg

Do you guys think that civ 5 goty will be going lower then the 50% discount? I will be waiting for a daily just want to know what my chances are.
I regret not getting when the game was 75% a month or so ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom