• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Thank goodness there is no achievement hunting this sale. It was extremely pointless from a bandwidth point of view and Steam would crawl to 10kb a second, and the prizes got worse and worse after each sale.

Eternia

So, should I get Terraria? I mean, is it like Minecraft?
Yes, buy it definitely! It's a little more structured than Minecraft as there's gear progression, loot and bosses to look forward to.

And Saints Row leading the votes is lame, I already have a retail copy waiting to be redeemed. I want my Witcher 2 under $20 for Steam! :(

Any chance Batman daily is 75% off?

is it safe to purchase the YS games?

a-little-dose-of-realp5ucp.gif

Seriously, wait for the daily deal and yes, Batman is quite likely to be 75% off. They are pretty much giving it away everywhere else.

aasoncott

I bought Walking Dead on 360, but I'm considering buying it on Steam and continuing on PC. Does anyone know how it handles the major decision points if I were to start from the second episode? Does it use a "default" set of decisions or is there some way of choosing what I did in episode one?

MNC

Ugh. If witcher 2 got 16 it would still be too much for me as I haven't even finished Witcher 1. So I kind of dodged a bullet.

What do you guys think that civ 5 goty going will lower then the 50% discount? I will be waiting for a daily just want to know what my chances are.
I regret not getting when the game was 75% a month or so ago :(

Likely , wouldn't want to burn you though but since the expansion is out i think it makes sense.

RedSwirl

I don't really need Grimrock man. Not now. Even if I got it now, by the time I got down to playing it there'd probably already be a Holiday sale with an even lower price.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hey. I just met--

er, I've got the Valve Complete Pack from the Holiday Sale and I'm hoping to trade it for Skyrim. Or the Bethesda Pack if I'm lucky. Is this the appropriate place to type that sort of thing in all caps and bold letters every five minutes? Maybe with some seizure inducing gifs to make sure it gets noticed.

257_28_01_10_11_23_58.png

But more seriously, even that last 15 minutes can't sour the entire game. Seriously, it's great. You should get it. Just be afraid of the end. Oh, and do you like collect-a-thons?
Not really accurate anymore since they patched the game to make that part somewhat easier.

HoosTrax

Just seeing the poll results for the first time -- wow it was surprisingly close. Boo for no discount on Witcher 2 though.

I wonder if these flash deal rollovers will be happening 24/7, even during late night and early morning hours in the US.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Hey. I just met--

er, I've got the Valve Complete Pack from the Holiday Sale and I'm hoping to trade it for Skyrim. Or the Bethesda Pack if I'm lucky. Is this the appropriate place to type that sort of thing in all caps and bold letters every five minutes? Maybe with some seizure inducing gifs to make sure it gets noticed.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom