• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all that dlc, everyone wants the DLC on fucking sale.

if they discount the franchise pack that's still fucking $27. Maybe I'll get my friend to buy it for me and pay him back later...

Yeah but that doesn't help. Pretty much all the SR3 DLC was shit (shark gun aside)

should I buy Jade Empire on Steam? or should I track down the original xbox version?

I played the game a few years ago... wouldn't mind going through it again.

celebi23

Yes and yes. It's like a 2D metroidvania version of Minecraft, but I think that Terraria has more to do overall. More Dungeons to explore, more bosses to fight, more items to get.

It's easily worth 5-10 times it's sale price. Go buy it.

EDIT: Aaaand after spending a ton of money on Steam sales I'm playing Terraria again. Way to go, me.

Yes. And a little but more focussed on gear and combat and less on building.
Alright guys, thanks. I'll buy it then. Probably the only game I'll get during the sale. Sucks how the developers never released the Mac version that they promised :/ Ah well, Wine it is :/ Pretty sweet how I get a badge too :D

257_28_01_10_11_23_58.png

But more seriously, even that last 15 minutes can't sour the entire game. Seriously, it's great. You should get it. Just be afraid of the end. Oh, and do you like collect-a-thons?

The Meat Circus caused me physical pain as my thumbs started getting sore from pressing too hard in frustration.

Mothman91

257_28_01_10_11_23_58.png

But more seriously, even that last 15 minutes can't sour the entire game. Seriously, it's great. You should get it. Just be afraid of the end. Oh, and do you like collect-a-thons?

One of those games that everybody will say is awesome, but really it is a pretty mediocre platformer.

When it is a daily deal, you will buy it anyway.

Yep, might wait for a better price cut of it, thanks though.

Eusis

Am I the only one who voted Batman even though I own all three just to get the Harley Quinn DLC cheaper?

damn you people
Son of a bitch I forgot about that. I voted Saints Row for a similar reason: to get the Season Pack and the rest for 75% off. Of course if this is like Analogue and ONLY the main game goes on sale then it will have been in vain.

I've been playing Diablo 3 for a few hours so I've been out of the loop since the sales started. I guess there isn't gonna be any achievement hunting ticket/reward system?

see5harp

The only issue with the PC version of Psychonauts is the terrible video quality for cutscenes and the lack of 360 controller button prompts. You can't beat $5 for a classic though, unless you got it in the humble bundle.

Time to buy Saints Row the Third. I feel bad about the people hoping for the Witcher 2 though. Easily the best game of the bunch. I'm sure it'll get a daily deal though or I'm sure it'll get another chance at the Community deal.

LiK

in addition to Grimrock, i got these. Gonna wait and see if Y's games will go Daily Deal later before i bite.

WGe2f.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom