• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Is anyone else having problems with vouchers losing their value? Lost my 75% Serious Sam 3 voucher due to a transaction error :(

mrgone

This is really stressing me out already! I don't want to miss deals, but I really don't want to spend the next two weeks in delirious madness by never sleeping more than two consecutive hours. I really hope they repeat flash deals. This is nuts.

Ledsen

For Crusader Kings do I buy the collection or just vanilla? I see that not all the DLC is in the collection. Is the DLC in the collection worth it?

The only significant DLC is Sword of Islam, that allows you to play muslim nations. But unless you really want to do that immediately, you've already got the whole of western Europe to play as before you move on to muslims. So may as well just get vanilla.

Is Trine 2 better than the first? I honestly found the first quite beautiful but really underwhelming gameplay wise. Lame combat and fiddly physics puzzles abounded.

Big-E

The only significant DLC is Sword of Islam, that allows you to play muslim nations. But unless you really want to do that immediately, you've already got the whole of western Europe to play as before you move on to muslims. So may as well just get vanilla.

Thanks.

Went ahead and jumped on Rayman Oranges. I doubt it'll go any lower in a daily, and even if it does, I'm fine with paying $15.

So is GTA IV good for PC?

At $9.99 I'm willing to bite. But I've heard that the PC is buggy...

It's fine -- it's not very well optimized, so it ran kind of crappy when it released, but it'll run decently on modern hardware.

Bentendo

Top sellers:

1. ARMA 2 (damn, not even a daily)
2. Portal 2
3. Modern Warfare 3
4. Bethesda Collection
5. Legend of Grimrock
6. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
7. Skyrim (what are you doing!!!)
8. Terraria
9. Total War: Shogun 2 collection
10. Crusader Kings II
11. Rayman Origins
12. Indie Bundle 1
13. Left for Dead 2
14. Portal + Portal 2 collection
15. Total War: Shogun 2 -- Fall of the Samurai
16. Max Payne 3
17. Deus Ex Collection
18. The Walking Dead
19. Total War: Shogun 2
20. Valve Collection
21. Might & Magic Heroes VI

Is Trine 2 better than the first? I honestly found the first quite beautiful but really underwhelming gameplay wise. Lame combat and fiddly physics puzzles abounded.

From what I played, it's better than Trine but it's still very much a Trine game. If you didn't like the first then I'm not sure if you'll like the second.

Razek

Banned
Probably been asked a zillion times but is SR3 worth it at $13? I have a massive backlog and it feels a bit pricey above 10. If it helps I liked GTA4 and Just Cause 2.

Not the best port but it's playable allright with a beefy PC.

EDIT: WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEAL!

Does anyone know how hard it is to get the ENB mod for this [gta4] going? Also, could a 2500 with a 6950 run it at 30fps?

LiK

This is really stressing me out already! I don't want to miss deals, but I really don't want to spend the next two weeks in delirious madness by never sleeping more than two consecutive hours. I really hope they repeat flash deals. This is nuts.

All part of the plan - Gaben

legacyzero

Banned
Holy shit at 50% Crysis 2 Maximum edition.

MUST....WAIT....FOR DAILY......DEALLLLL.
Probably been asked a zillion times but is SR3 worth it at $13? I have a massive backlog and it feels a bit pricey above 10. If it helps I liked GTA4 and Just Cause 2.

Yes. If you liked those two SR2 is right up your alley.

An-Det

The Saints Row 3 Season Pass is just for the three mission packs right, the rest still has to be gotten separately?

So is GTA IV good for PC?

At $9.99 I'm willing to bite. But I've heard that the PC is buggy...

If you have a decent computer (at least a quad core) it runs wonderfully. I played it + EFLC last year on my i5/5850 and it all ran beautifully.

Edit: like the others said, wait for the daily deal. GTA's always have one.

VALIS

Here's an interesting dilemma!

Kingdoms of Amalur. No discount whatsoever at this point ($60!!), which is usually (but not always) a sign it won't be discounted at all.

$25 on Amazon, but uses Origin. Sale ends in two days.

I use Origin, it's okay and all, but I'd rather the Steam 'cheevs and tracking.

This was the only Amazon item I wanted but was holding out on, assuming Steam was going to match the $25, but no flat discount already is a bad sign.

Witcher 1 is a bad game IMO. Way too much backtracking in that game...the backtracking simply drove me insane by chapter 3, the game is also very difficult IMO. Witcher 2 is way better.

MrFortyFive

This is not a good combo. Just built a beast of a gaming pc (although probably tame by compared to others on gaf) and I have a backlog to build. Already spent $60. I'm in heaven. Voted for Trine 2!

Guys, how do I know If I have already the Saints Row 3 DLC without installing the game?

Looking in the achivements I have (not done of course) achivements for Genki Bowl, Gangstas in Space and the Clones DLC but I dont remember buying those DLC before (I dont even remember if I really bought the Saints Row pass).

Its fucked up because Its not like the games were if you try to buy it it says you already have it.

Kingdoms of Amalur dilemma

I'm in the same boat as you. Unsure what to do. I think I'm just going to hold off, for now. I have such a massive backlog and that game seems pretty massive, so there is no harm in waiting. If the Steam discount is massive, I'll definitely jump on it.

Just voted for Trine 2. Don't own it. Game looks gorgeous.

Guys, how do I know If I have already the Saints Row 3 DLC without installing the game?

Looking in the achivements I have (not done of course) achivements for Genki Bowl, Gangstas in Space and the Clones DLC but I dont remember buying those DLC before (I dont even remember if I really bought the Saints Row pass).

Its fucked up because Its not like the games were if you try to buy it it says you already have it.

You can check each individual DLC pack in the store and it'll tell you if you own it or not.

Tomodachi

Where do I click to see all the games from Might & Magic who are discounted as daily deals and only those? Here's a tricky question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom