• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I already bought Saints Row 3 for PS3, so I don't think I can double dip for over $10 when there are lots of other games I want, unfortunately. If it was $7.50 I'd do it, but we're still on day one. :p

Well, bought the saints row season pass, as its cheaper than getting the 3 DLC expansions separated.

But fuck, I wanted Batman, I hope its in the deals.

I hope at least this means that lots of people get Saints Row 3, becuase it a fantastic game.

How is Rayman Origins as an arcade-type game? Is there a strong incentive to replay levels?

I don't know if it was the hit detection or the animations, but I felt like I was constantly missing jumps that looked like they connected. It made time trials too frustrating to bother.

Mr. Hyde

Can I run Saints Row 3 good at 720P with a Nvidia 8800 GTS and Q6600 quad running at 3.1GHZ? I've wanted this game for a long while but I want to be sure I can enjoy it right now.

benjipwns

Banned
I can buy it, but why do I have then the achivements (locked)? Dont they usually appear once you buy tht DLC?
That what im scared off, having bought the DLC pass long time ago and not remembering.
Its 9 euros thorwn to the bin if I already have them that coud be used for another game.
The achievements were there before the season pass content even came out. Just listed as DLC Achievement #1, #2, etc.

When you go to buy things on the store it says if you already own it or not. You can also right-click games for the DLC as mentioned.

I am so excited that this has started. Just woke up in good ol Australia. So far the prices for the 19 games in my wishlist haven't been overly great except for Saints Row The Third which is the main one I wanted so I'm happy. If I can get Witcher 2 on a daily i'll be set.

Damn flash sales are gonna kick my OCD checking into overdrive dammit! Gimme some nice daily's Gabe<3

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
As for Saints Row 3... in my opinion none of missions DLC are very good (or lengthy for that matter) so if people want to save a little they can get the vanilla only, which is still a lot of fun.
That's what I ended up doing. Never heard great things about the DLC, even if it would only cost $12.50 total.

The day isn't over yet and I've already spent $43. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Does the Shogun II Total War Collection include all the separate DLC shown on this page? It doesn't appear like it does, but when I looked at the individual components of the Collection they describe units that might be identical to some of the DLC.

This sale I will mostly be buying games that end in 'lock'

If aren't a fuckhole, you'll vote for Trine 2.

Watch Magicka take it.

We will need this one as well I think.

he-chose...-poorly3bu4d.gif

If I bought the SR3 Franchise pack and already own SR3 would I receive a giftable copy of the game?

I wanted the DLC but I've heard(and now read here) that its not too great. Would be a little easier on my conscious(and wallet) if I could keep the DLC for myself and have a copy to gift a friend.

Megasoum

Banned
Couldn't have anything to do with the 670 being like double the power of a 6870. No way!

errr right...I got a 570 not a 670 lol. All the steam excitment is messing with my brain!

And yeah, the thing with AMD cards was clearly a bug. No reason why I wouldn't be able to run it at 60fps and a bunch of people with AMD had the same issue.

I really wasn't planning on spending more than $15 on any single game but it seems like the amount of DLC you get with the $25 SR3 pack is worth it vs the vanilla version. Any advice on this?

gabbo

Guys, I was just thinking that we could do our own achievement hunt thingie. You know the thing that got all of us to play our games last year.

I make a new thread and based on the daily deals, I'll choose a game for highscoring. Highest score wins a game. For that we'd need at least 10 games to gift. I'd throw in a few for the fun. The more gifts we have, the more Gaffers can win each day. How does that sound?

If there is no good daily deal, I'd choose a super cheap 75% off game so we dont get screwed by buying games at low discounts.

I'm in, who else wants to make a GAF game out of the sale since BasedGaben left us out to dry?

Broke down and got the UbiSoft pack, even though I really just wanted From Dust & Rayman Origins. Don't know if it's a bug or something, but the pack replaced RUSE with F1 2010 after purchase. FYI to y'all.

BadAss2961

Well, bought the saints row season pass, as its cheaper than getting the 3 DLC expansions separated.

But fuck, I wanted Batman, I hope its in the deals.

I hope at least this means that lots of people get Saints Row 3, becuase it a fantastic game.
I'm confident it'll show up at that 66% off at some point in the sale.

Bought Ridge Racer and will play in an hour or so. Will give a report back, and this is coming from a huge RR fan.

And yes, I know the game is different than the others in the series.

I've noticed some prices in my wishlist are different to the prices on the games store page. Example: For me in Australia my wishlist shows Sonic Generations at $29.97(discounted from 49.99). Then when I visit the games page its $17/99(discounted from $29.99)

I dont understand?

ArjanN

Guys, I was just thinking that we could do our own achievement hunt thingie. You know the thing that got all of us to play our games last year.

I make a new thread and based on the daily deals, I'll choose a game for highscoring. Highest score wins a game. For that we'd need at least 10 games to gift. I'd throw in a few for the fun. The more gifts we have, the more Gaffers can win each day. How does that sound?

If there is no good daily deal, I'd choose a super cheap 75% off game so we dont get screwed by buying games at low discounts.

That's a neat idea, although I like going for achievements more than going for highscores.

Also, I'm not all convinced yet there won't still be an achievement hunt during this sale.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Repost since I like my idea and I want to know whether you guys are interested or not:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom