• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

Guys, how do I know If I have already the Saints Row 3 DLC without installing the game?

Looking in the achivements I have (not done of course) achivements for Genki Bowl, Gangstas in Space and the Clones DLC but I dont remember buying those DLC before (I dont even remember if I really bought the Saints Row pass).

Its fucked up because Its not like the games were if you try to buy it it says you already have it.

In your steam library, right click on the game->view DLC. What you own will show up. It'll also show if you look at the individual page in the Store.

derExperte

The Saints Row 3 Season Pass is just for the three mission packs right, the rest still has to be gotten separately?

"With the Saints Row: The Third Season Pass you gain access to three future mission packs—Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones—for expanded gameplay with everyone’s favorite street gang. And as a bonus, you gain immediate access to all-new costumes and vehicles from Steelport’s #1 television drama—Nyte Blayde. Strap it on!"

W1 and 2 are equally good games imo, although the first has a better story and resonated with me much stronger than the second overall.

E975E0FBDFB1359B8033EE556724FA0212914BB9

Just want to blanket response every future incident of these questions:

1 - Is "X" worth it?
2 - Should I wait for the daily deal?

Answer to both: If you want to buy something, then buy it. A whole generation of wishy washy with the internetz. Back in my day, we didn't have anyone to ask, we just made up our own minds and bought shit. So make up your own damned minds already. Kids these days, am I right?

So, Anno 2070 ever hitting a daily?

Loginius

So, somebody interested in "fake" gifting me SR3 as it is cut into tiny little harmless shreds in Germany?

I coud/would pay via paypal (and give you 0.50$ extra or something for the trouble).

(and I would be interessted to keep this "bussines partnership" for some more games that were destroyed by german cencorship and might or might not go on sale in the next two weeks)

You can check each individual DLC pack in the store and it'll tell you if you own it or not.

I can buy it, but why do I have then the achivements (locked)? Dont they usually appear once you buy tht DLC?
That what im scared off, having bought the DLC pass long time ago and not remembering.
Its 9 euros thorwn to the bin if I already have them that coud be used for another game.

Digoman

Voting for Trine 2 so more people can enjoy it... very good game - It's like the original but a lot more refined.

As for Saints Row 3... in my opinion none of missions DLC are very good (or lengthy for that matter) so if people want to save a little they can get the vanilla only, which is still a lot of fun.

Salsa

alright:

EVERYONE WHO CAN HELP WITH GIFTING FROM THEIR REGION IN EXCHANGE FOR PAYPAL PM ME NOW WITH STEAM ID AND THE REGION YOU'RE FROM

hard to keep track of the thread

Smokey

So where do you find the other games that are on sales that aren't dailys? For instance Crysis 2 Max Edition. I would've never known it was 50% off I didn't see it in here...

I can buy it, but why do I have then the achivements (locked)? Dont they usually appear once you buy tht DLC?
That what im scared off, having bought the DLC pass long time ago and not remembering.
Its 9 euros thorwn to the bin if I already have them that coud be used for another game.

No, I'm pretty sure the page stays updated when there's new achievements. Hard Reset has shown the achievements for the Exile DLC for awhile now and the actual content was just added yesterday.

dLMN8R

I just beat Saints Row 3 last weekend. Incredible amounts of fun. Definitely get it.

I saw some questions about Terraria last page. If you like Minecraft and/or Metroid, absolutely don't pass it up. Well-designed and addictive as hell. Huge amount of content too.

In your steam library, right click on the game->view DLC. What you own will show up. It'll also show if you look at the individual page in the Store.

I already did, it has a DLC called FUNTIME that I dont know what it is and I dont remember buying it.
EDIT: greenMan Gaming preorder, now I remember.

No, I'm pretty sure the page stays updated when there's new achievements. Hard Reset has shown the achievements for the Exile DLC for awhile now and the actual content was just added yesterday.

Thanks, that would explain not having the DLC but having the achivements.

An-Det

"With the Saints Row: The Third Season Pass you gain access to three future mission packs—Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space, and The Trouble with Clones—for expanded gameplay with everyone’s favorite street gang. And as a bonus, you gain immediate access to all-new costumes and vehicles from Steelport’s #1 television drama—Nyte Blayde. Strap it on!"

Thanks. I noticed a minute later that the SR3 franchise pack was now discounted to $25, much easier that way.

Mr. Hyde

Is the Telltale pack a good deal? I only own Puzzle Agent 1. I don't really feel like playing Jurassic Park but everything else is stuff I want. Would holding out for deals for Back to the Future and Walking Dead be a better bet?

Katoki

Hot damn. This poll is so one sided. I want to see the results though, it's definitely going to blow my mind. I just know it.

Razek

Banned
Just want to blanket response every future incident of these questions:

1 - Is "X" worth it?
2 - Should I wait for the daily deal?

Answer to both: If you want to buy something, then buy it. A whole generation of wishy washy with the internetz. Back in my day, we didn't have anyone to ask, we just made up our own minds and bought shit. So make up your own damned minds already. Kids these days, am I right?

So, Anno 2070 ever hitting a daily?

This isn't a useless question for some people. In my case, I asked in the (rare) case some responses were "It's nothing like those games", "Avoid if your AMD", "Get the DLC WITH IT OR ELSE", ect.

Holy shit at 50% Crysis 2 Maximum edition.

MUST....WAIT....FOR DAILY......DEALLLLL.

Yes. If you liked those two SR2 is right up your alley.

SR3 was worth $60, grab it

Now I might have to go for it. Thanks for the replies guys.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Damn flash deals...
Steam Summer Sales 2012 |OT| When sleeping is not an option

The way it looks they will end at 10pst/1est... unless they do something truly devious like put up a new set of flash deals at 10pm...

In which case, so much for sleeping

frozzted

Is the Telltale pack a good deal? I only own Puzzle Agent 1. I don't really feel like playing Jurassic Park but everything else is stuff I want. Would holding out for deals for Back to the Future and Walking Dead be a better bet?

You might as well and see if there will be better deals. It goes until July 23rd. So, you're under no rush to buy the games.

Considering Ridge Racer. I'm such a sucker for racing games, and the Edge review was glowing.

Only get it if you're a fan of Bugbear's others racers, cos it's Ridge Racer in name only and it's kind of a counter-intuitive racer. If you race a perfect line, drift around every corner, if you don't smash into other cars or objects in the environment you will lose, badly. There are destructible objects within the environment you're supposed to drive through to build up your meter, you need to use your boost meter to try and boost-chain (boost, smash something, gain another meter, boost again) through special destructible objects (always a few per track) or other racers to leap frog ahead and stay in the lead. You basically have to be continually smashing into and through shit to win. The drifting mechanic is never properly explained, after several hours of playtime I still don't feel like I quite have it down. The game is really generic, it doesn't use the Ridge Racer aesthetic for its cars (outside of a few paid DLC cars) or tracks and worse they continually re-use elements to build their tracks over and over. Play far enough into the game and every course just sort of bleeds together. It's kind of a missed opportunity that they just made this look like a poor man's Burnout. I get that they wanted to mechanically reboot the series and Unbounded is a step in the right direction, but aesthetically, meh.

It can be a fun game to play but it's kind of flawed and it doesn't do a good job of really explaining itself. I think the PC Gamer review is pretty bang on.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guys, I was just thinking that we could do our own achievement hunt thingie. You know the thing that got all of us to play our games last year.

I make a new thread and based on the daily deals, I'll choose a game for highscoring. Highest score wins a game. For that we'd need at least 10 games to gift. I'd throw in a few for the fun. The more gifts we have, the more Gaffers can win each day. How does that sound?

If there is no good daily deal, I'd choose a super cheap 75% off game so we dont get screwed by buying games at low discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom