• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadfast

Damn, Valve is fucking relentless:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8396/?snr=1_550_552&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Get a 30% Trade Bonus at GameStop when you fund your Steam Wallet!

Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale!*

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.

*Offer valid between 7/12 - 7/23

Yeah, yeah, gamestop....but getting $9 for an old console game will turn into $12 in Steam games....which is like 7 games.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I bought most every game I was interested in at 75% off today, and a few oldies like Arx Fatalis for $2 that was 66% I think.

Got a lot of games already! I hope the Geneforge games hit lower than 50% off, but then again for 5 or 6 games, $10 is not a lot of money. Same with Divine Divinity. Probably won't drop lower since it just released this week I think at $6, so I'll buy it at whatever price it happens to hit. $4 for DD is a steal.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Almost positive it will. I picked up Vanilla Arma 2 in a previous sale. Now to buy CO and finally play DayZ!

If you have ARMA II don't you only need Operation Arrowhead to make it work? I say this knowing next to nothing about the situation, but looking at CO it's just ARMA II + Operation Arrowhead.

Or maybe you just made a typo. :p I just don't want you to spend too much money.

So if I go to bed now.. before 2am then I'll not know the 2am deal and will be forced to either miss whatever fills the 2-8am slot or get up in the middle of the night to check what it is. Interesting..

SR3 didn't run too hot on my 5850 either. In the mid 30s most of the time while driving around and sometimes in the 50s when on foot

I scored such a good deal on the THQ site, game including season pass for what was it, $22? This deal barely outdoes it

Why would you do that? LOL.

A friend also talked me up on Might & Magic VI. Also, wanted AC: Brotherhood over Revelation, and...um...Goddamn it, you've given me buyer remorse.

Now I'm going to pout while I try to figure out this "Invalid Content Configuration" error Rayman Origins is giving me.

If you have ARMA II don't you only need Operation Arrowhead to make it work? I say this knowing next to nothing about the situation, but looking at CO it's just ARMA II + Operation Arrowhead.

Or maybe you just made a typo. :p I just don't want you to spend too much money.

Pretty sure that's the case, if you got Arma II already, you just need Operation ArrowHead.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
id1WrUMu2sgJg.png

Salsa

reposting:

EVERYONE WHO CAN HELP WITH GIFTING FROM THEIR REGION IN EXCHANGE FOR PAYPAL PM ME NOW WITH STEAM ID AND THE REGION YOU'RE FROM

hard to keep track of the thread

Fack Valve and fack their sales....

I already bought,
- Portal 2 (been meaning to pick this up for a while)
-Bioshock Collection
-Alan Wake Collection
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Rayman Origins

yeah I think this will keep me busy for a while. And the sales aren't even over yet.

vocab

So Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for $2.50? Yay or nay?

Buy it. It's pretty good.

Fack Valve and fack their sales....

I already bought,
- Portal 2 (been meaning to pick this up for a while)
-Bioshock Collection
-Alan Wake Collection
-Left 4 Dead 2
-Rayman Origins

yeah I think this will keep me busy for a while. And the sales aren't even over yet.

You're probably gonna get steamed. Sorry in advance.

MrFortyFive

So where do you find the other games that are on sales that aren't dailys? For instance Crysis 2 Max Edition. I would've never known it was 50% off I didn't see it in here...

Any word on this? I also noticed that Alan Wake and Serious Sam 3 are 50% off as well. I'll be waiting to see if they go daily, but it would be nice to have a list of games like this to keep in mind for the last day of the sale/

From what I've read, none of them, especially not for €10. Maybe wait til the Xmas sale and pick up the season pass when its €4-5.

So, you're expressing an opinion based only on what you've "read"? Really? Insightful. Truly.

Yeah, the Shark Attack pack for $1.33 is a steal.

Get a 30% Trade Bonus at GameStop when you fund your Steam Wallet!

Get an extra 30% in-store credit when you trade your old games toward the purchase of Steam Wallet currency during the Steam Summer Sale!*

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason, without notice.

*Offer valid between 7/12 - 7/23

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8396/

benjipwns

Banned
Any word on this? I also noticed that Alan Wake and Serious Sam 3 are 50% off as well. I'll be waiting to see if they go daily, but it would be nice to have a list of games like this to keep in mind for the last day of the sale/
Look for games you want in the store, add to wishlist, check wishlist on the last day.

I've noticed some prices in my wishlist are different to the prices on the games store page. Example: For me in Australia my wishlist shows Sonic Generations at $29.97(discounted from 49.99). Then when I visit the games page its $17/99(discounted from $29.99)

I dont understand?

Figured it out. I used ?cc=us to check what a game was in US and it must stay that way until you change again.

Seriously, sonic 18$ in the US and 30$ in AUS? Come on.

Sorry if this has been asked adnauseum but if you buy Indie Bundle 1 and own three of the five games (purchasing the bundle for the two you don't still saves money!) Do you get the extra keys to gift to friends?

Ledsen

Yes, its fantastic. Bit rough on the sides, but its one of the few games that actually had fun, first person combat.

Also Rope Bow is amazing. Rope bow!

Also it's by Arkane, and they're amazing. Everyone should buy both Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Also it's by Arkane, and they're amazing. Everyone should buy both Dark Messiah and Arx Fatalis.

Dishonored Developers, *Wink Wink*

Yup. Own Dark Messiah on Steam, Arx Fatalis on GoG.

Also, Just get Saints Row Vanilla. DLC is not worth it at all. DLC is either additional weapons or vehicles, many just reskins. And the new content is about an hour, maybe 2 at most long. Once again, just reskinned previous missions for the most part. And very poorly designed, dragged out ones. Like the Saints on Mars one.

PaulLFC

£35 worth of Saints Row DLC (and that's with a third off!) and they didn't even discount any of it properly along with the game. Dear THQ, I am not spending £35 on mediocre DLC, your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom