• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Warlock is like Civ but with magic?

I could probably just get a Civ mod if I really wanted that.

Opinions?

I enjoyed it.

Lots of military options really.

Very similar to 5 in most ways. If you're tired of V don't buy. If you could always use more and Gods and Kings didn't fill it for you BUY BUY BUY

Be warned though the diplomacy is somehow worse than civ 5. I don't know how you do that. They must have tried really hard.

Tess3ract

Banned
So Warlock is like Civ but with magic?

I could probably just get a Civ mod if I really wanted that.

Opinions?
I played Civ 5 for like 30+ hours when the game dropped and I stopped playing after that because of the shit that needed to get fixed.

I played Warlock for like 14 hours in one sitting, went "oh this is a neat little Civ 5 ripoff", finished the map then promptly uninstalled it.

Also, people are wrong if they voted for anything but Trine 2. LIMBO was part of a Humble Bundle, so everyone should have it, and Magicka has already been on sale a gazillion times (and I've passed on it every time.)

Not that I'll buy Trine 2 either - I didn't play much of Trine, but I wasn't a huge fan.

Sysgen

I bought most every game I was interested in at 75% off today, and a few oldies like Arx Fatalis for $2 that was 66% I think.

Got a lot of games already! I hope the Geneforge games hit lower than 50% off, but then again for 5 or 6 games, $10 is not a lot of money. Same with Divine Divinity. Probably won't drop lower since it just released this week I think at $6, so I'll buy it at whatever price it happens to hit. $4 for DD is a steal.

Read that, went to the store page, went to the forum and found Arx Libertatis is a cross-platform, open source port of Arx Fatalis

I will be waiting for daily's on a few but just to get some contact going are there any US residents willing to buy some games for me? I can paypal you the moneys in advance every time. Some games I want are 10$ difference and even 20$ difference, would be greatly appreciated.

and Magicka has already been on sale a gazillion times (and I've passed on it every time.)

Not that I'll buy Trine 2 either - I didn't play much of Trine, but I wasn't a huge fan.

Why's that? Magicka is balls out hilarious and a great fun time with friends or randoms.

Trine 2 is gorgeous and the same as what I said about Magicka.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Question, the daily deals say they expire in like 30 hours from now. WHen do the new daily deals start? Did they just extend when each day ends?

1-D_FTW

6850 + 2500K here and it was always playable at 1680x1050, don't think it dipped under 30.

Think it might be CPU related. It ran like trash on my Q9400 @3.4Ghz and GTX 460, but once I upgraded to Sandy Bridge, it was a huge improvement. Game ran terrific then.

I got Pixeljunk Eden.

It's not going to get cheaper than 80% off.

It'll probably be in some indie packs soon enough. I bought it because I felt kind of bad for them since it didn't perform well at all on Steam. Figured at 2.00 dollars, if I ever play it and like it, it would be a steal. And if not, I'm not going to sweat 2.00 dollars. Went to good people.

BadAss2961

SR3 didn't run too hot on my 5850 either. In the mid 30s most of the time while driving around and sometimes in the 50s when on foot
Did you guys with framerate problems try lowering anything? Or is it max out or bust? Usually, especially in open world games, I get a big boost with no AA. I'll take some jaggies for a smooth framerate.

Warlock looks interesting. It gives me a bit of that Age of Wonders vibe. I'll probably get more value out of it for $7 than I did out of Gods and Kings at $23. Or maybe I'm just getting desperate for a Civ style games that doesn't bore me to tears like Civ V G&K.

Smash88

Banned
So is Community's choice like Daily Deal Lite™?

EDIT: Decided to skip on Saints Row 3 completely. $12 is too much. Rather get it for under $10 with DLC, as well some of the DLC is not discounted, and all of the DLC is discounted at garbage prices. And from what I've read, their all garbage, so I can wait.

Saints Row 3 isn't that mind blowing as GTA IV was where you needed to experience it.

who voted for SR3? it was on amazon for the same price multiple times.. feel like lining up everyone and giving them a sweet chin music lol jk

vocab

Did you guys with framerate problems try lowering anything? Or is it max out or bust? Usually, especially in open world games, I get a big boost with no AA. I'll take some jaggies for a smooth framerate.

my 5850 had to be played at low/medium to get 30-40 fps. My gtx 670ftw runs it maxed with 8xaa 40-60fps.

Card Boy

Banned
How much was Warlock - MotA during amazons summer sale in the paradox bundles? The OP of that thread edited the old sales out of it.

daxy

Oh god. When will I sleep when there are flash sales coming up every few hours and more community sales coming up. Nuuuuuuuu

Voted for Trine 2 75% off. The others have already been on sale at that price before.

legacyzero

Banned
A friend also talked me up on Might & Magic VI. Also, wanted AC: Brotherhood over Revelation, and...um...Goddamn it, you've given me buyer remorse.

Now I'm going to pout while I try to figure out this "Invalid Content Configuration" error Rayman Origins is giving me.
WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALSSSSS! LOL

Tess3ract

Banned
There are now two sets of deals:

There are the 9 daily deals. These change every 24 hours.

Every 8 hours a "Flash deal" goes up for around 6 hours total. The community can vote on a deal (one of three) and the one with the most votes goes on sale for 8 hours.

Jomjom

Banned
What's the lowest HL2: Ep 1 & 2 have gone in the past?

I have Orange Box on PS3, but I would like EP 1 and 2 on Steam since I already have HL 1 and HL 2 in order to complete the HL collection. So while I would like it, it's not super high priority.

Bought Shogun 2: Total War for £7.49 earlier when the sale went live.

And even after I have it on 360 (promo), I bought Saints Row: The Third for the same price. Too good to pass up on a double dip.

I did something today I have never done in my history of being involved with steam sales.....

I bought a game and played it in the same day. I know, what the hell is wrong with me? Rayman is so damn good it's insane.

Salsa

Updated the OP with links to community pages from users who are willing to help with gifting.

Again:

IF YOU CAN HELP WITH GIFTING FROM ANOTHER REGION PM ME WITH YOUR STEAM ID (preferably a steam community link) AND THE REGION YOU'RE FROM AND I'LL ADD YOU TO THE OP

froliq

How much was Warlock - MotA during amazons summer sale in the paradox bundles? The OP of that thread edited the old sales out of it.

If I remember correctly it was part of a 7.49 and 19.99 bundle. Don't think the game alone was discounted at all or atleast not as much.

laika09

What's the lowest HL2: Ep 1 & 2 have gone in the past?

I have Orange Box on PS3, but I would like EP 1 and 2 on Steam since I already have HL 1 and HL 2 in order to complete the HL collection. So while I would like it, it's not super high priority.

Send me your username and I'll send you a copy of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom