• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
First contest up! SpaceChem related. More stuff to follow soon.
header_292x136.jpg

Win games out of a price pile of a few dozen games!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What does everyone think the odds of that Alan Wake pack (with American Nightmare) going up as a daily/flash sale is? I feel my will to resist breaking down...

Yeah, Alan Wake's American Nightmare is only a little over $5 (current owners of Alan Wake receive an additional discount), but I assume the franchise will go up as a Daily. I'd probably bite if I weren't knee-deep in Just Cause 2 at the moment.

Megasoum

Banned
So started playing Hard Reset...my god this game is beautiful...

Anyway, what's the difference between the two guns (bullets and plasma or whater it is)... Is it just that it's using different ammo or there's an actual difference in gameplay?

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow this thread is 30 pages full now.

Was there already a discussion of "best games under $2.00" yet?

Ghostmaster is such a neat game, for only like $1.49, my recommendation.

zkylon

zkylewd
I hope the SR3 DLC goes on a bigger sale. I already have the game and don't feel like spending 25 bucks just for the DLC.

Sianos

Oh hey, that Indie Bundle has Cave Story + in it.

If you're one of the few people left who haven't picked up Cave Story + in any other bundle or sale, now's your chance to get one of the best games ever.

I've bought Cave Story four times at this point, five if you count the original f2p game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
As long as BTTF is a decently fun ride I'm down. I totally dig the interactive movie thing, it's good, mindless amusement. On a similar note, I hope to snag the Tales of Monkey Island games during this sale.

ArjanN

two copies of bad rats

people will bitch

You don't have to wait for the daily deal as long as you can be a man about it and not whine when something is a dollar cheaper the next day.

Really, just suck it up and think of it as you supporting the developer.

ArjanN

I cant go to sleep GAF, and its 4 am here.
But what if I go to sleep and a deal that I want goes flash in and out.
The horror, THE HORROR!
:(

Can't sleep, sales will get me!

If you're a BttF fan the game was a real treat. Me and my friend played through it together and we had a blast.

It's a lot of fanservice in an average game, just like the Ghostbusters game. Which means big fans of the license will eat it up but for other people it's just OK.

Smash88

Banned
I'M DOING IT!

I'M PULLING THE TRIGGER!!!!

HERE I GO! GABEN SPEED!

Damn you to hell Neogaf for convincing me to buy this.

LobLob

Banned
I am a happy camper, i set my budget at 50 dollars only and i am doing a great job thus far of my choice of games.

I have bought so far:

Hard Reset: 3.75
Hydrophobia: 1.24 <--- I know the game is flawed but come on, it is only 1.24!!!
Saints row 3: 12.49

Total: 17.47!!

ArjanN

Have you never experienced the joy of playing a point and click puzzle solving adventure with a good friend? That made the otherwise lackluster Myst IV: Revelation a pretty amazing experience for me.

Yeah, they're perfectly playable with two players, there's nothing much to the controls so the 2nd player gets almost just as much out of it as the first.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If anyone is thinking about buying the Valve Complete Pack, send me a PM.

Can't sleep, sales will get me!

It's a lot of fanservice in an average game, just like the Ghostbusters game. Which means big fans of the license will eat it up but for other people it's just OK.

The fanservice is the worst part. HEY GUYS! REMEMBER THE AMP THAT MARTY PLAYS IN THE FIRST BACK TO THE FUTURE? WE'VE RENDERED IT!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got 4 badges. What are they for again? Is it like the Christmas achievements from last year?

Badges are rewarded for achieving certain milestones, but they're purely decorative (for now, anyway) and aren't tied to the sale as, unlike past sales, there's no meta-game.

elfinke

Hard Reset, Binding of Isaac and Legend of Grimrock the only damage today/this morning. Still have ~20 games on my wishlist. Good stuff.

Man waiting for daily deals on games that have reasonable discounts (25%-50%) already is hard. Walking Dead is screaming at me!

Here's to hoping!

Resilient

Oh my god oh my god discounts everywhere, what do I do? It's my first steam sale, do I pick up these Daily/Flash/Community games or wait until the last day of the sale?? Please don't hate me salsa shark i don't want to play Bad Rats :( :(

I understand the daily deals, but not sure if flash/community follow the same rules, for clarification!

Decado

I don't quite get it..."wait for the daily deals". Aren't *these* daily deals?

Thinking about the indie pack and Warlock.

Link Man

Banned
Regarding flash deals:

Stay up until a new deal goes up. Sleep 7 hours. You have 1 hour left on the next flash deal.

e.g. Wait till 11 EDT. New deal goes up. Sleep until 6 EDT. The deal that went up at 1 has 1 hour left, the one that went up at 3 has 3 hours left, and the one that went up at 5 has 5 hours left. You don't miss any deals.

Oh my god oh my god discounts everywhere, what do I do? It's my first steam sale, do I pick up these Daily/Flash/Community games or wait until the last day of the sale?? Please don't hate me salsa shark i don't want to play Bad Rats :( :(

Calm down. Buy Legend of Grimrock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom