• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only bit on Legend of Grimrock ($6) and The Bard's Tale ($2.50) so far. I want Ys Origin so bad, but holding off to see if there's a daily or flash deal for it.

Dingotech

I don't quite get it..."wait for the daily deals". Aren't *these* daily deals?

Thinking about the indie pack and Warlock.

Isn't it self explanitory?

If the games you want are daily or flash deals for a good discount then pick them up as they most likely won't go any lower.

If the game is just on a discount as part of the overall sale, then wait for the daily deals before you buy them.

Simple.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't quite get it..."wait for the daily deals". Aren't *these* daily deals?

Thinking about the indie pack and Warlock.

Yes. If anything on the current Daily or Flash grid is on your list, buy away.

Edit: Beaten.

Regarding flash deals:

Stay up until a new deal goes up. Sleep 7 hours. You have 1 hour left on the next flash deal.

e.g. Wait till 11 EDT. New deal goes up. Sleep until 6 EDT. The deal that went up at 1 has 1 hour left, the one that went up at 3 has 3 hours left, and the one that went up at 5 has 5 hours left. You don't miss any deals.

Go to sleep when you want, wake up when you want. If you miss a flash deal, it will be a daily deal anyway, or it will be in the next sale.

Don't stress, you are not going to play it anyway.

Smash88

Banned
I DID IT!

YQisQ.jpg

Decided to get it all! Might as well, since it seems the DLC will never be in a seperate pack itself.

$65 Budget

-$25 Saints Row 3 Franchise Pack

-$5 (for inevitable Trine 2 sale)

---------

$35 remains. God I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did today.

strem

Thank god for the Steam iPhone app. I'm in the middle of nowhere and didn't have to miss out on the Sainta row deal

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If they aren't on a daily deal or flash sale don't come back and bitch when they're on sale later for a bigger discount! :p

If they're under $3 already, I doubt a bigger discount is going to have that much of an effect at all. I know it's the principle of the thing and all, but still.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Not a whole lot I still need to get on Steam. I've got just about everything I want.

Fortunately, pretty much all the stuff I still needed went on sale.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I DID IT!

YQisQ.jpg

Decided to get it all! Might as well, since it seems the DLC will never be in a seperate pack itself.

$65 Budget

-$25 Saints Row 3 Franchise Pack

-$5 (for inevitable Trine 2 sale)

---------

$35 remains. God I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did today.
Really should have just got the base game. The base game is awesome, DLC is just lazy fluff.

ksdixon

Steam Sales/Cheap-Ass Karl: Hnnnnng! Mirror's Edge for £6.49!

Logical Karl: No! You bought it for 360 in a '4 for £20' deal, didn't like the control scheme at all, sold on ebay probably for about what you paid for it (£5 as one of the four games in the deal).

Steam Sales/Cheap-Ass Karl: But, but, the PC has much prettier graphics, framerate, and who knows maybe it controls better with keyboard and mouse!

Logical Karl: Why would you buy something if you've already had it in the past and never played it?

Steam Sales/Cheap-Ass Karl: It's cheap! If I don't get it now it will shoot back up to £14 and I will have missed out.

Logical Karl: You are hopeless. Why not look over here... we have a lovely Binary Domain with 40% off in the sale. You were actually good with Binary Domain, both in the fact that it was a shooting game you could play without dying every 5 seconds, and that you didn't rush-out and get it on 360. Why don't we purchase the superior PC version with it's exclusive multiplayer mode, free DLC levels which ya would have had to pay MS Points on the 360. It's not a brand-new release, so any issues with mouse acceleration have been patched out, and hell even if you don't like the keyboard and mouse controls you have the option of sticking your 360 controller into your PC and playing binary domain the way you are used to playing it already from when you rented the 360 version from BlockBusters... twice because you loved the game that much.

Steam Sales/Cheap-Ass Karl: I dunno, logical me, even it's been knocked off from it's full retail price of £29.99 to 40% off which is £17.99, I still think that's too pricey.

Logical Karl: Bitch I will fucking cut you! You used to rush-out and buy £40-45 Xbox360 games on release date. Remember BulletStorm, motherfucker? £40 wasted, you later re-bought for £3.45 during a Steam Winter Sale. Let's be good and start a trend here and now, where you get the games you want on PC for cheaper, thus making them your only copy of the game instead of re-buying later.

Steam Sales/Cheap-Ass Karl: Okay, Okay, no need to be pushy.... Gawwwd!

Noema

Just took the plunge and bought Legend of Grimmrock. I'd been wanting to play that ever since I saw the Quick Look. Hard to resist for 6 bucks.

First time I ever bought anything using the iOS App. Scary that I can send Gaben my money even from the bus.

Salsa

Stuck between getting Sideway New York and Hard Reset, how's Hard Reset? Any good?

old school shooter no reload constant enemies lots of jumping kinda strafing and avoiding enemies

think Serious Sam but with a sci-fi setting
and I personally think it's better

it's algo a gorgeous looking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom