• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

Just took the plunge and bought Legend of Grimmrock. I'd been wanting to play that ever since I saw the Quick Look. Hard to resist for 6 bucks.

First time I ever bought anything using the iOS App. Scary that I can send Gaben my money even from the bus.

This pleases Gaben.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This pleases Gaben.

Just look how jolly he is!

gabe-newell-dance-macqok3a.gif

Elginer

old school shooter no reload constant enemies lots of jumping kinda strafing and avoiding enemies

think Serious Sam but with a sci-fi setting
and I personally think it's better

it's algo a gorgeous looking game

Hot damn that sounds awesome. BOUGHT! Thanks Salsa.

ksdixon

Am I correct in thinking that I need to pounce on SR:3rd, because that deal with die once Magika, Trine 2 and LIMBO replace it as the ''flash sale''?

Tess3ract

Banned
Stuck between getting Sideway New York and Hard Reset, how's Hard Reset? Any good?
If you like older style shooters with some interesting customize mechanics that are pretty shallow, go for it.

Interesting guns, art direction, level design, music. Enemies are lacking in variety iirc but everything looks the same when it's dead IMO.

feel

Anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It looks like Deus Ex, and I loved me some Deus Ex.
Caught my interest for that reason too, and it seems nice from the videos I've seen. It's just 4 bucks iirc, I put it on my "buy on last day if it doesn't have a better sale" list.

Retne

Last time I tried to play E.Y.E. I was really confused by most of it. Next time I attempt to take a dip I think I'll watch a couple youtube tutorials so I actually know what the hell is going on beyond shooting random dudes and failing to hack stuff.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've been expecting flash sales for a year now, or some sort of shorter, daily sale. Why? because there are just too many games. Between every sale, another 30-40 games which will do well enough on sale get added. Plus we have to have another 5$ Dead Space Franchise, Mass Effect, etc. The older ones have to be repeated again for the 10th time.

So I think this is Valve largely testing the pool to find that sweet spot.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
THQ pack is so tempting.

Hmm... gonna have to pull trigger on SR3 soon... really wanted on 360.. but this price.. so good.

chixdiggit

I got to recommend Warlock Master of the Arcane. I bought it at full price and wasn't disappointed. If you like Civilization type games this is a steal at $6.79

MachoSuave

Neo Member
I think Terraria kind of qualifies as a Metroidvania, but it's a far shot for sure.

Last I asked about Steam metroidvanias I was told to keep an eye on Saira.

Seems quite interesting but was unfortunately released in a time before indies were considered front-page worthy and thus was doomed to obscurity from the off. Still, it's something I'll be picking up this sale.

Tess3ract

Banned
I got warlock in a game of four others for $15 on amazon and I feel that's about how much it's worth. I like civ games and was disappointed from a mechanical standpoint.

sazzy

The Flash sales are brilliant a marketing move. It keeps people glued in ALL DAY to Steam.

I wonder what's next. 1 hour flash sale? 5 mins? 1 min? :I

sazzy

Holy shit is Spacechem an amazingly clever game. Don't miss the flash sale. This game is pure crack.

Yep. SpaceChem is ingenious.

Its really really really good.

Unfortunately, the average joe gamer is going to be put off immediately by it. Stuff like bondings/multiple bonds with certain elements. I don't think people want to recall the periodic table, unless you like chemistry haha

So brilliant, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom