• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
To be honest I am a little concerned about whether it will be on sale at all... Doesn't look good since it isn't marked down at all now. That seems pretty unusual that a game is full price and then becomes a daily but I hope it happens.
Speaking of games that aren't marked down at all, is anyone else disappointed about Dustforce? :(

I already own it but was hoping to use the summer sale as a time to pick up a gift copy to hand out in September. (so no waiting for the holiday sales) I hope it ends up in the flash deals or something. :((

GSR

I wonder what the odds are on an Alan Wake daily deal. The standard sale price is pretty good, but I'm making myself wait to see if it'll go even lower.

(This post edited to remove dumb misunderstanding.)

Kronic

Neo Member
But they would have to put the game on sale, right? I doubt whoever is in charge knows the power of Steam sales on # copies sold. Most likely it's lumped in with whatever agency/office is in charge of repo/foreclosure stuff and they don't give a single fuck if more copies are sold. They're probably more interested in the actual office space/real estate of the company.

Yea, wouldn't surprise me if Valve approached them and they refused to put it on sale. Probably didn't understand the number of copies it would move at 75% off would far surpass the revenue brings in to them at full price now.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2

$4.99
SWTFU Ultimate Sith Edition is also a flash deal.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/32430/

EDIT: Never mind, it suddenly changed back to 40%.

Force Unleashed I and II for 10 bucks!? OHSHIT
ibeRVgpdyUZAKl.gif

Brick

I wonder what the odds are on an Alan Wake sale. It's already way cheaper than I thought it was on Steam, but now that we're in the depths of the sale I'm making myself wait to see if it'll go even lower.

I have a good feeling on the franchise pack showing up as a daily.

epmode

Speaking of games that aren't marked down at all, is anyone else disappointed about Dustforce? :(

I already own it but was hoping to use the summer sale as a time to pick up a gift copy to hand out in September. (so no waiting for the holiday sales) I hope it ends up in the flash deals or something. :((

Gaben is punishing everyone else for not playing such a fantastic game. You are one of the good ones though!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
force unleashed II lasts 12 hours

flash sales saved? probably a glitch

Depends on the other ones. Still 2 hours for one of them and 4 hours for the other to go. If the overnight ones span all the way to the morning, this could be acceptable, as it's midnight for me right now. IF they all respawn at midday tomorrow (or 8AM for pacific people), I could enjoy this.

midday til 4am for me is a good place for deals.

8am till midnight for pacific people might be good, i dunno.

For those asking, I'd say SWTFU II is worth it. Im not even a big Star Wars fan, but I had a great time with the XB360 version. Its not great, but whats there I had fun with.

(Is it sick there is a part of my that wants to buy it on PC as well because it'll look better? Pretty sure there is something wrong with me.)

chixdiggit

Warlock
I hope that pops up later as a daily deal. It flashed up as I was getting ready to leave for work so I didn't have time to give it's demo a look-see. It looks interesting but I don't know if the heavier focus on combat will be a positive or a negative for me.

Is there more variety in it than Civ V? One of the things I didn't really like about vanilla Civ V was how everyone ended up having to research the same techs and the only real path branching was done via culture.

I would say it actually has less variety than Civ V. The only way to win is by taking over everyone's kingdom. Don't buy it if you are hoping for it to be better than the Civ games. Buy it if you enjoy those types of games and want to dabble in something different.

I wonder what the odds are on an Alan Wake daily deal. The standard sale price is pretty good, but I'm making myself wait to see if it'll go even lower.

(This post edited to remove dumb misunderstanding.)

GOG had both AW games in a $15 bundle the other day. I have to figure it will be the same on Steam at some point.

Does a flash or vote deal mean its ineligible for a daily?

No chance.

All we don't know is if a flash sale price must equal the daily deal price. There will either be a new golden rule or, as I suspect, they will be exactly the same.

For those asking, I'd say SWTFU II is worth it. Im not even a big Star Wars fan, but I had a great time with the XB360 version. Its not great, but whats there I had fun with.

(Is it sick there is a part of my that wants to buy it on PC as well because it'll look better? Pretty sure there is something wrong with me.)

You are amongst friends here. Wanting to re-buy so it just sits in your steam library is more than ok.

Retne

Warlock

I would say it actually has less variety than Civ V. The only way to win is by taking over everyone's kingdom. Don't buy it if you are hoping for it to be better than the Civ games. Buy it if you enjoy those types of games and want to dabble in something different.

Hmmm, OK. I think I'll wait for it to hit sub $5 or whatever it is next steam sale since I still haven't gotten enough vanilla Civ V between all the mods out there. Thanks for the heads up.

Dingotech

Why are a bunch of people on this page excited by the Star Wars FU2 sale....

All impressions and reviews of that game were that it was deadset HORRIBLE!!

statham

I enjoy more serious/mature adventure games I have these in my cart as of now. Your Shopping Cart
$21.97
$5.49
Remove
Tale of Tales Complete Pack
$9.99
$4.99
Remove
Secret Files: Tunguska
$9.99
$2.49
Remove
Post Mortem
$9.99
$2.50
Remove
Broken Sword Trilogy
$9.99
$2.49
Remove
Still Life 2
$14.99
$3.74
Remove
Syberia Bundle

I loved heavy rain, indigo, still life 1, uncharted.. any you guys can recommend?

scitek

TFU 2 doesn't have a vsync option, and if you force it, the game plays at 60fps, but cutscenes play at half-speed or something (30fps video is literally dragged to 60fps). My buddy was pissed about it.

Smash88

Banned
While I'm not one to say anything against people who ask for stuff.

Juniors asking for free games so blatantly, makes me cringe.

schnell

I've been getting this error for a while when trying to use my steam wallet to pay:

tAYpz.png

I"M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY, WHY IS THAT SO HARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom