• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhomer

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic - 75% off ($2.50)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - 75% off ($3.75)
Hard Reset Extended Edition - 75% off ($3.75)
Eschalon: Books 1 & II - 75% off ($3.75 & $2.50)
Commandos Collection - 75% off ($3.75)
Nation Red - 75% off ($2.50)
Call of Juarez - 75% off ($2.50)
Syberia 1 & 2 - 75% off ($2.50 each)

These might be worth a look. I don't see them going cheaper.

Clash of Heroes is good fun, certainly worth a look at that price.

Joe Molotov

I've been getting this error for a while when trying to use my steam wallet to pay:

tAYpz.png

I"M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY, WHY IS THAT SO HARD

I had that happen to me right after I added some money to my wallet, but after waiting about 30 minutes, then it worked.

It seems like a lot of people in here are forgetting the cardinal rule. Wait for the Daily/Flash deals.

If the game is already 75% off, and something small like Syberia, it's not even going to show up as a daily deal. So any of these 75% off games that are like $1-$2 are fair game this early in the sale.

The Warlock DLC and maybe the SR3 DLC. I'm playing Warlock at the moment and see no benefit to the DLC. Save yourself almost 2 bucks and buy a coke.

saints-row--the-third9ou1g.gif

Just cut the Warlock DLC. It is the type of game that if you really spend the time on it and get into it, buying the DLC later will be no pain at all.

Alienups

Fucks sake, those flash deals. Transferring money to my paypal account takes 3 work days and i can't get a paysafecard before the Saints Row 3 deal runs out

holy fuck at this thread

is legends of grimrock good? seems like my type of game, but is it frustrating at all? i like to be able to save anywhere in my games, does it allow you to do this? i ask because it is described as old-school.

You can save anywhere. It's an amazing game and I found it to be hard in a really satisfying way, save the final boss, which I tried for a while and then just gave up and watched it on youtube. no regrets. Incredible puzzles, atmosphere, and exploration.

Please forgive me if this has been mentioned already (I searched for 'gamestop' on the previous few pages). I went into gamestop today to get a $50 steam wallet code with some credit that I have. The cashier told me that they were giving an extra 30% trade in credit towards the steam wallet codes. If my spending keeps up I might end up back in there with some games to trade.

edit: ahh, just saw this link that someone posted on CAG http://store.steampowered.com/news/8396/

schnell

I had that happen to me right after I added some money to my wallet, but after waiting about 30 minutes, then it worked.

I found out it's sitting in my account as a pending purchase, but the money is still there so I assumed it hadn't worked. I assume this has something to do with my plan to buy games as giftable so instead of them going unplayed in my library, I could trade them when I decided the purchase was a bad idea. We'll see in the morning I suppose.

Card Boy

Banned
Hows Warlock's tutorial? I downloaded the demo, but its useless without knowing what to do. I should point out I've never played Civ V.

It's fine so far. It teaches you as you play, and gives you steps to follow. It seems very straight forward and i haven't never really played Civ games.

I've bought nothing today, only thing that caught my eye that I don't have is Rayman Origins, but $15 is steep.

I'm generally apathetic towards plat-formers, I'm too hardcore for them you see.

OniShiro

Banned
Kinda offtopic but...

I finished Hard Reset a month ago, should I reinstall to play the new Exile DLC? but I don't want to have to finish the game again, if I reinstall will I be able to start from the new DLC missions?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I bought both the Star Wars games. I enjoyed the first one on Xbox and I can't wait to see...

30GB?!?! :O

I'll have to queue that bastard up before I leave for work! Thankfully I don't have a data cap, but I have to imagine that someone over there will be raising an eyebrow!
By comparison the second one is 6!

LobLob

Banned
I've been getting this error for a while when trying to use my steam wallet to pay:

tAYpz.png

I"M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY, WHY IS THAT SO HARD

This happened to me and my wallet funds for almost two hours earlier today. It finally started working and i have bought 3 games so far. Just keep trying every so often until it works, sorry you got this as well.

Also, FUCK...I am already caving in and going to replenish my steam wallet funds tomorrow since i will be picking up a fourth game tonight in Trine 2 if it wins in the current poll, damn you GabeN.

Yikes, I didn't realize that Might & Magic Clash of Heroes was part of the Daily Deal. I'll pick that up too, since it's on my list. Is the "I Am the Boss" DLC worth getting along with it?

Also, FUCK...I am already caving in and going to replenish my steam wallet funds tomorrow since i will be picking up a fourth game tonight in Trine 2 if it wins in the current poll, damn you GabeN.

If people buy Trine 2 and want to play the campaign I'm down for another session, haven't played in 2 months or so.

It's all about eye candy.

elfinke

Caught my interest for that reason too, and it seems nice from the videos I've seen. It's just 4 bucks iirc, I put it on my "buy on last day if it doesn't have a better sale" list.

Anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It looks like Deus Ex, and I loved me some Deus Ex.

I bought it when it first came out (needed a Deus Ex fix), and I loved the hell out of it.It was full of jank, had so many idiosyncracies that rendered it near unfathomable in parts, but man, I just fucking loved it. If it gets a good sale, just buy it and devote a lazy Sunday afternoon to playing it one day.

Katoki

Posting again since I don't recall anyone answering that other guy either.

Anyone know if there's a list of those hidden deals/promotions out there? The two that got circulated by word of mouth only as far as I recall are Hard Reset and PixelJunk Eden. Hell for that matter, anyone see anything else out there?

Does anyone here know if Audiosurf usually goes below the 75% off it's at right now during the Summer Sale? Been having that in my wish list for a while now.

(Only asking because the game's like $2, so it's not like the other ones where's it more obvious.)

Retne

Should I grab Civ: Gods & Kings now? Will it go on sale further y'all think?

C'mon man! Rule #1 of Steam Sales: Don't buy unless it's a Daily Deal or it's the last day of the sale.

Also Gods and Kings has already hit $20 on GMG so there is a chance that it could see a bigger cut than the -10% it has right now.

EDIT: @GreatMightySymp: -75% is usually about as deep as the discounts go. Also if it does go any deeper we're talking about pennies here. I would recommend you just buy it.

NZNova

I'm sad the Cyan pack doesn't include Exile or Revelation. I know why it doesn't, but it'd be nice to get the whole shebang in one go.

Should I grab Civ: Gods & Kings now? Will it go on sale further y'all think?
10% off is nothing to jump right into the BUY button, honestly. There's a fair chance the Civ franchise will get a spot in a daily and even if it doesn't you can always pick it up by the time the sale ends.

Does anyone here know if Audiosurf usually goes below the 75% off it's at right now during the Summer Sale? Been having that in my wish list for a while now.
75% off is as good a deal as any. Even if it does go lower, you're not looking at a much more significant save.

Koroviev

(Only asking because the game's like $2, so it's not like the other ones where's it more obvious.)

I would just get it now. In the very unlikely event that they just give it away, you're out $2.50 at most. Nothing to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom