• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

I wish someone would gift me a game lol, I have no money for steam

tumblr_m2vc70y0Zr1r28xfl.jpg

Play to win

Salsa

I enjoy more serious/mature adventure games I have these in my cart as of now. Your Shopping Cart
$21.97
$5.49
Remove
Tale of Tales Complete Pack
$9.99
$4.99
Remove
Secret Files: Tunguska
$9.99
$2.49
Remove
Post Mortem
$9.99
$2.50
Remove
Broken Sword Trilogy
$9.99
$2.49
Remove
Still Life 2
$14.99
$3.74
Remove
Syberia Bundle

I loved heavy rain, indigo, still life 1, uncharted.. any you guys can recommend?

Do not buy any of these

wait for the daily deals

im gonna tattoo it on everyone's forehead

hlhbk

TFU 2 doesn't have a vsync option, and if you force it, the game plays at 60fps, but cutscenes play at half-speed or something (30fps video is literally dragged to 60fps). My buddy was pissed about it.

Also the cutscemes have tearing in them. If you force vsync everything stutters.

Dingotech

Because it is the steam sales and it is $5. This is how the game is played.

They're doing it wrong!!

Sure get excited by sales, but don't buy any old crap.... $5 could buy an EXCELLENT game in coming days.

If people have money to piss against the wall then by all means buy it! :p

I enjoy more serious/mature adventure games I have these in my cart as of now. Your Shopping Cart
$21.97
$5.49
Remove
Tale of Tales Complete Pack
$9.99
$4.99
Remove
Secret Files: Tunguska
$9.99
$2.49
Remove
Post Mortem
$9.99
$2.50
Remove
Broken Sword Trilogy
$9.99
$2.49
Remove
Still Life 2
$14.99
$3.74
Remove
Syberia Bundle

I loved heavy rain, indigo, still life 1, uncharted.. any you guys can recommend?
You have a good deal of good point and clickers in there. Maybe consider The Longest Journey if you don't own it already?

And to think, I was close to buying the whole Star Wars Collection today. Rule #1 indeed.

This also means I have to stay up all night for the next week doesn't it?

hlhbk

Force Unleashed 2 is worth five bucks, I guess. It's super short, like one sitting short. But, it's okay gameplay wise.

Dude why are you trying to get these people to wait their hard earned money on dog shit like TFU2? If TFU ran didn't have sound issues I would be all over them picking that up, but not TFU2! They butchered the series with that game!

TheNatural

My Member!
The new flash sales game is up for 11 plus hours. I'm guessing they realized its not wise to put up new flash sales while everyone is sleeping.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I hear the dlc packs aren't anything special. I'm thinking of just getting the base game and getting the dlc when it's cheaper hopefully this winter
I was wondering the same, I'll probably just get the base game as well (more budget available for other games that way!)

Card Boy

Banned
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic - 75% off ($2.50)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - 75% off ($3.75)
Hard Reset Extended Edition - 75% off ($3.75)
Eschalon: Books 1 & II - 75% off ($3.75 & $2.50)
Commandos Collection - 75% off ($3.75)
Nation Red - 75% off ($2.50)
Call of Juarez - 75% off ($2.50)
Syberia 1 & 2 - 75% off ($2.50 each)

These might be worth a look. I don't see them going cheaper.

hlhbk

Do not buy Force Unleashed 2.

If you want to buy the Sith Edition of 1 that's okay

Everyone? EVERYONE.gif

But again please be aware: IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE FIRST ONE IN 5.1 SETUP IT DOESN'T WORK! ONLY MUSIC/VOICES OUT OF THE FRONT LEFT SPEAKER! THERE IS NO FIX. IF YOU FIND ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic - 75% off ($2.50)
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - 75% off ($3.75)
Hard Reset Extended Edition - 75% off ($3.75)
Eschalon: Books 1 & II - 75% off ($3.75 & $2.50)
Commandos Collection - 75% off ($3.75)
Nation Red - 75% off ($2.50)
Call of Juarez - 75% off ($2.50)
Syberia 1 & 2 - 75% off ($2.50 each)

These might be worth a look. I don't see them going cheaper.

Scratches - 75% off ($2.50)

Of course wait till the end...

Smash88

Banned
Thank you Lord Gaben.

May you be praised. For giving us 12 hours of sleep.

Seems like after the next ones run out of time, it will be set to 12 instead of 6, as they know people need to sleep.

Dinosur

I bought the Still Life bundle for $3 something. No matter what options I set on the 670, the game still displays blown up to 1920x1200. It has handled scaling perfectly on everything else.

Oh well, once the intro started I realized I already played the game before anyways haha.

The new flash sales game is up for 11 plus hours. I'm guessing they realized its not wise to put up new flash sales while everyone is sleeping.

Firstly everyone?

Secondly they have three flash deals ending and starting during that time and the community deal...so I doubt they care about sleep.

They probably just want everybody to have a chance to buy Star wars, download it, finish it, write up a detailed blog entry about it, go for a jog and talk to their friends over a few beers before the flash sale ends.

The flash deals are the product of someone with a sick and twisted mind. Now I'm afraid to go to bed because I'm sure the game I'm waiting for will go on sale.

hlhbk

BTW to anyone who wants to brave TFU1 on PC the download is actually 14 GB, so it must be compressed to hell when its downloading.

VandalD

Nobody should spend even $5 for TFU2. Even that much money could go to something much better, especially during these sales.

I'd like to jump on Warlock, but I hear the AI is crap. Kind of amazed MW3 is 50% off. Hoping for Trine 2 flash deal. I can't imagine more people have that by now than Limbo, with Limbo being in a Humble Bundle, and Magicka goes on sale every two weeks or something.

I picked up Warlock, Audiosurf, Hard Reset and GalCiv II.

$23

Fucking sweet.

I'm hoping STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl goes a little lower than 33% off. Other than that I'll watch the dailies and sees what transpires.

holy fuck at this thread

is legends of grimrock good? seems like my type of game, but is it frustrating at all? i like to be able to save anywhere in my games, does it allow you to do this? i ask because it is described as old-school.

What would you cut from this cart guys?

dP6XR.png

Nothing really. Maybe the warlock dlc if you're not sure you'll like it.

I picked up Warlock, Audiosurf, Hard Reset and GalCiv II.

$23

Fucking sweet.

I'm hoping STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl goes a little lower than 33% off. Other than that I'll watch the dailies and sees what transpires.

Why did you not wait for the dailys? GalCiv might go cheaper.

AlexBasch

As a pure fucking miracle I managed to add five dollars to my Steam Wallet.

Portal 2 will be bought. :D

Also, I'm a tad worried that Dead Island isn't discounted at all. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom