• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollyon

Neo Member
Blew my chance to get SpaceChem + DLC for $3.00 during its Flash Sale, because I was busy playing the demo. Dammit.

But as it stands, I really like what I've played. SpaceChem's puzzles are open to a lot of solutions, and I can see myself wanting to improve my results. Very smart design on display here. I think I'll buy it anyway
during a possible Daily Deal

aristotle

Huh. I just found out the Deus Ex HR I bought earlier in the Deus Ex complete pack (with DE1 & DE:IW) is the Augmented Edition. It shows up in the tools section of the library. Nice!

Escaped today with only Portal 2. Wanted to jump on Rayman, but that may be a daily later on so I passed. I also wish Witcher 2 was the community pick, I would have jumped all over that.

Bring on tomorrow, my wallet is ready

Retne

How do you download Steam Workshop stuff? I subscribed to a few things but there's no download button that I can see.

It differs from game to game. Civ V has a mods section that lists the mods you've subscribed to and you download and select them from that menu. Skyrim's launcher handles the mods on that one. Those are the only 2 I have any experience with though.

Hey, guys, friend bought Saints and asked me if I could help him figure something out, but it's beyond me. Is he screwed because there's no answer? His last resort is just uninstalling stuff.

"Again, in summary, my computer's HDD is broken into three sections: C drive (440 GB), SDATA1 (232 GB) and SDATA2 (232 GB). C Drive is now full. I want to install and play Saints. How do I get it to install to the available space on the other drives? And will Steam know to look to each respective drive when pulling a given game? Ideally, I'll be able to toggle some switch, download Saints, and no matter what game I play, no matter where the game is located, it'll find it on the appropriate HDD and boot it up."

Is that even possible? Any help would be great.

Scythian

I'm on the fence about Crusader Kings 2 and Saints Row 3, since I don't know if I'll play it right away, and it might get a deeper discount and/or a price drop in the following weeks/months. If I'm on the fence, I probably won't buy them.

Crayons

Banned
My favorite part about steam sales is someone buying everything on the first day then posting on GAF later "WTF! ITS CHEAPER WHY!?!?!?".

hlhbk

I am waiting out the flash deals that end in 2 hours and then I am going to sleep. By the time I get up the next voted game should have about 2 hours left on it and the flash games wont't change.

Retne

Hey, guys, friend bought Saints and asked me if I could help him figure something out, but it's beyond me. Is he screwed because there's no answer? His last resort is just uninstalling stuff.

"Again, in summary, my computer's HDD is broken into three sections: C drive (440 GB), SDATA1 (232 GB) and SDATA2 (232 GB). C Drive is now full. I want to install and play Saints. How do I get it to install to the available space on the other drives? And will Steam know to look to each respective drive when pulling a given game? Ideally, I'll be able to toggle some switch, download Saints, and no matter what game I play, no matter where the game is located, it'll find it on the appropriate HDD and boot it up."

Is that even possible? Any help would be great.

Steam mover will create symbolic links for you. You could also make them by hand if you wanted.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, managed to get my cart down to only 75% off stuff, save for Geometry Wars which is only 20% off, but I can't see it getting cheaper than $2.99 anyway.

Gonna hold out for further discounts on Ys: Oath in Felghana, Puzzle Quest, Morrowind GOTY, and Star Wars Battlefront II.

Salsa

You should know by now that nobody reads the OP once a thread gets this big.

Wich is pretty damn stupid if you want an answer to something that's been asked a million times. OP is big and keeps updated for a reason. Im gonna keep posting that every time someone does that to educate them to pay fuckin attention when someone takes the work to do that, instead of spamming the thread.

not talking about you GreatMightySymp, all good

CRS

I am waiting out the flash deals that end in 2 hours and then I am going to sleep. By the time I get up the next voted game should have about 2 hours left on it and the flash games wont't change.

Unless Valve decides that the next two flash deals should have smaller timers.

evilhomer

I'm on the fence about Crusader Kings 2 and Saints Row 3, since I don't know if I'll play it right away, and it might get a deeper discount and/or a price drop in the following weeks/months. If I'm on the fence, I probably won't buy them.

CK2 has been constantly on sale it seems for the past couple months between here and amazon, which you can get a steam key from, so you may be alright waiting on it.

Rayman for $14.99 is a flash deal.

Does this mean I should get it or wait for it to be a daily deal?

This could be one of the trickiest questions at this point in the sale. it's only the first day so we haven't really seen enough to somewhat assess that particular possibility. If its discount was higher, it would be a no-brainer, but at 50%... I dunno. Then again you have to consider it's a fairly new game, so maybe it's not likely to go further down in price.

I guess that didn't help at all. o_O

Prophane33

Are any of the CoD games worth picking up on PC? Not interested in paying that much for MW3, but the prices on the older ones (especially if any of them go cheaper during this sale) are very tempting. I've only played 4 and WaW when they were in beta on the 360, never owned or played the series more than that.

sikkinixx

$12.50 for Saints Row? DOUBLE DIPPIN. Fucck I can normally make it half way through without a purchase. I'm scared for a 66% off Max Payne 3... I can avoid the temptation to double dip as long as it stays above $30.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, managed to get my cart down to only 75% off stuff, save for Geometry Wars which is only 20% off, but I can't see it getting cheaper than $2.99 anyway.

Gonna hold out for further discounts on Ys: Oath in Felghana, Puzzle Quest, Morrowind GOTY, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
I'm really on the fence about Geometry Wars. Having played a lot of Galaxies on the Wii, should I be spending 3 bucks on a single stage game? And similarly, I've beaten both Bit.Trip Beat and Runner on that console, but for $5 I find it pretty difficult to resist grabbing them on Steam...

Aselith

Rayman for $14.99 is a flash deal.

Does this mean I should get it or wait for it to be a daily deal?

Think about it logically. The thing with the shortest timer will be the best deal.

Edit: 30% trade in bonus at Gamestop towards Steam credit during the sale! OH SHI-

Katoki

Wich is pretty damn stupid if you want an answer to something that's been asked a million times. OP is big and keeps updated for a reason. Im gonna keep posting that every time someone does that to educate them to pay fuckin attention when someone takes the work to do that, instead of spamming the thread.

not talking about you GreatMightySymp, all good

Oh. I skimmed and my comprehension fails pretty hard. That and I'm used to seeing useful content underneath bigger images rather than on top so maybe that's why I missed that one link altogether.

Are any of the CoD games worth picking up on PC? Not interested in paying that much for MW3, but the prices on the older ones (especially if any of them go cheaper during this sale) are very tempting. I've only played 4 and WaW when they were in beta on the 360, never owned or played the series more than that.
COD,COD2,COD4,COD:WAW.

Sober

I'm really on the fence about Geometry Wars. Having played a lot of Galaxies on the Wii, should I be spending 3 bucks on a single stage game? And similarly, I've beaten both Bit.Trip Beat and Runner on that console, but for $5 I find it pretty difficult to resist grabbing them on Steam...
Waves is 3.00$, 70% off. It's also a single stage but it has a bunch of game different modes and interesting mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom