• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would people compare Back to the Future to Tales of Monkey Island?

I have no nostalgia for Monkey Island and have found it a chore to play through and have yet to beat all of the games. BttF which I have some nostalgia for I found really great. I played through all of them back to back. I bought both set of games at the same time in the telltale pack.

Bottom line I think BttF is a much better set of games.

Salsa

Oh. I skimmed and my comprehension fails pretty hard. That and I'm used to seeing useful content underneath bigger images rather than on top so maybe that's why I missed that one link altogether.

Dont get me wrong, im not mad at anyone or anything, it's just that me putting that in the OP saves times for both parties involved. No need for the question and no need for the answer, takes 2 seconds.

Emitan

oh god what have i done

fffzjsd.png

Katoki

Dont get me wrong, im not mad at anyone or anything, it's just that me putting that in the OP saves times for both parties involved. No need for the question and no need for the answer, takes 2 seconds.

No, it's not until it was mentioned that I went back and looked over the OP for the fourth time today and found that useful link near the bottom that was probably there since the start.

So what I mean to say is, "Thank you for your time and effort and the reminder for that matter".

Just under an hour until 2 of the flashes expire. I wonder if the two new games will have different times. Longer times during the night time so we can sleep?

Katoki

Just under an hour until 2 of the flashes expire. I wonder if the two new games will have different times. Longer times during the night time so we can sleep?

Sure hope so. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'm in the last timezone anyway so I can't complain too much anyway. Wouldn't mind seeing the red bull, monster, and what not get pulled out all over because THEN we're in for a party.

Dizzy-4U

So, the Saints Row franchise pack is cheaper than buying the DLC separately. Does it have all the dlc?

edit: "You already own the following items in "Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:

- Saints Row: The Third"

Well, crap...

vareon

I want Carpe Fulgur collection, Trine collection, and both Ys. I hope the whole "wait for the daily deals" thing is true, GAF.

aristotle

So, the Saints Row franchise pack is cheaper than buying the DLC separately. Does it have all the dlc?

edit: "You already own the following items in "Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack". You will not receive extra copies of these items when you complete this purchase:

- Saints Row: The Third"

Well, crap...

Yep.

Ugh, wish they had a seperate deal for just all the DLC for saint's row the third.

They do. Go to the SR3 store page. There's a link to just the season pass.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901805/?snr=1_5_9__405

Okay, I'm on the fence about the Total War: Shogun 2 daily deal. I'm not sure what kind of strategy game it is, but it looks interesting. Are the extra DLC worth it or should I just get the base game?

I'm debating on picking up Deus Ex but I have it on 360 and didn't enjoy it too much. I stopped a couple hours in because of a weird quest bug. Is the PC version much more superior?

Salsa

Always wanted to try the Commandos series. Commandos 2 is at 1.24$ right now, has it aged well?

You need to do some tweaking to be able to play it. Apparently the game doubles or triples it's speed if you have a dual core processor, so you gotta limit your PC to be running on one to run the game at its original intended speed.

That + some resolution thing and other stuff. If you're really eager to play it then go for it, base game has aged well, but yeah it has all those issues (and that's why we have GOG for older games)

I want Grimrock but I'm knee deep playing The Witcher 2 right now and I don't think I'll have the drive to play it after I'm done with that behemoth of a game.

Backlog is huge as it is. Now I'm having to pass on sales not because I don't want or can't afford them, but because I know I wouldn't touch it at all for months :(

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
should i get sniper elite on amazon for $15 or is there a chance steam could drop below that price? what say you gaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom