• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I will say this. I feel bad for the people at Valve that have to stay up all night changing the deals. :p

computers

do you really think there's a guy ther watching the countdown and pushing a button THE SECOND a new deal goes up?

I mean there's obviously people around for mantainance in case everything goes bad, but I seriously doubt someone has the job you described

iNvid02

question:

i know saints row 3 is 75% off and the dlc is currently 33% off

could the dlc drop any lower?

edit: says offer ends july 23rd for all dlc so guess not

Apdiddy

Only got SpaceChem, Back To The Future: The Game & Legend of Grimrock on my first day. Two friends of mine gifted me Ys: Oath in Felghana, Orcs Must Die! & Chantelise. Will more than likely sit out the rest of the sale save for Ys Origins being a flash/daily deal. I already got everything else I wanted during midweek/weekend deals leading up to it.

Not bad I guess for a first time Steam sale watcher.

Wich is pretty damn stupid if you want an answer to something that's been asked a million times. OP is big and keeps updated for a reason. Im gonna keep posting that every time someone does that to educate them to pay fuckin attention when someone takes the work to do that, instead of spamming the thread.

Indeed.

Since my connection is slow, I just bookmarked the OP as a single post, so I don't have to load up all those GIF on the first page.

misterF

Neo Member
You need to do some tweaking to be able to play it. Apparently the game doubles or triples it's speed if you have a dual core processor, so you gotta limit your PC to be running on one to run the game at its original intended speed.

That + some resolution thing and other stuff. If you're really eager to play it then go for it, base game has aged well, but yeah it has all those issues (and that's why we have GOG for older games)

Thanks for the info! Think I'll get it on GOG, never mind if it's more expensive.

Did someone fuck up on the STALKER deal?

first the 2 "sequels" were lower priced before then they got bumped up and even now the collection price is higher than the normal price

so anyone clear on flash deals vs. daily deals. could we see daily deals show up again in flash and vice versa, and if so potentially deeper discounts in one or the other?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Originally thought I was going to buy the Valve complete pack because I'm new to PC gaming, but after looking through it all I really want are Half-Life games and Portal games and I already own Portal and Half-Life, so it's not really worth getting the other games.

So that saves me some money...

Misguided

Banned
Bit the bullet for Rayman Origins (holy shit beautiful), Offspring Fling, Penumbra Pack, and Terraria. My first Steam sale where I have money to spend, so good!

LobLob

Banned
going up to gamestop tomorrow to sell some old games for dat glorious steam monayyy

You and me both brother *INTERNET HIGH FIVE*.

Hey guys, anyone who has played ChoplifterHD, can you play with keyboard and mouse just fine or is a gamepad needed?

LobLob

Banned
Came into the sale with a $50 budget, I'm already down to $23. I don't think I'm going to make it.

You know you are going to spend more, i said i would only spend 50 dollars and between these steam summer sales and other daily deals/weekend deals previously im done to only 19 dollars in my steam wallet, im going to trade in games tomorrow for more wallet money.

Retne

18 minutes to go before we get a look at 2 more flash deals! I love this. It gives me something to check as I browse the internet.

Salsa

18 minutes to go before we get a look at 2 more flash deals! I love this. It gives me something to check as I browse the internet.

The real challenge here is staying up for Trine 2 since I just know im gonna miss it otherwise

poll winner lasts 8 hours right?

No Steam achievements for Rayman Origins?

sadly no but at least you get what's pretty much a DRM free version. No Ubiplay for some (glorious) reason.

LobLob

Banned
I'd make a joke about you only getting a couple of bucks in return, but with the Steam sale a couple of bucks can net you some pretty good games.

You do know that Gamestop is giving a 30 percent trade in bonus on your games if you are buying a steam voucher from them yes? Good deal is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom