• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

munroe

Actually I believe Risen 2 was alreaddy one of the deals. It looks like they replaced Battle Forge with Wasteland 2.

Ah my mistake then, didn't think that they would rotate the games around, thought the new game would just be in the same spot as Battle Forge was.

Lomax

Hmmmm so if I'm only getting one should I go with Saints row 3 or 4? 4 is $10 while 3 is $5.

Saints Row 2 is the best one if you don't mind putting in the community patch and fiddling with some settings. The mega-pack with all the games is a damn good deal if you're thinking about buying 4 I'd just go for that and get both, you won't regret it.

Dambrosi

Banned
aP26pin.jpg

Rigged as fuck.

Well, looks like I'm waiting until Wednesday to craft my Betrayer badge.

AlexBasch

Maybe I'll sell cards and have enough to buy Surgeon Simul-

Oh, I paid with a different card and my account is locked for the next six days. Fucking amazing.

How much do foils normally sell for? And how common are they to craft?

Depends, I've had ones sell for less than 40c and another for $3.50 or so. If you get an Anime one, could be bazillions! The drop rate is supposedly 1%, but I think it's better than that. I've received 5 in the last week or so.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That Battleblock / Castle Crashers bundle price reminds me of a couple years ago when Steam had a daily deal for Saints Row 3 for $9.99. A few days later in the sale, they had a flash sale where Saints Row 3 Complete was $9.99 and everyone lost their shit.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Do Hitman: Blood Money's controls and graphics hold up today? It would be my first Hitman game, but I don't want a clunky experience.

No matter how clunky Hitman BM is now, still the best Hitman game. Played 360 version and not PC version but there's a demo on steam that you can try before you buy.

dot

I wasn't planning on buying Battleblock this sale but i couldn't help buying the Can't Stop Laughing bundle. Seemed like a really good deal.

derExperte

Why pay a few cents if you can get it for free?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Can't Stop Laughing Bundle -- MB-BACEFBB7B8861C5A - Taken by Cozmogramma. 29 entrants total.

t1403545618z1.png

rpmboy

Hey guys - I just goofed, but my error is someone else's fortune.

I just bought the Castle Crashers/BBT bundle to gift to a friend, but they had purchased it a couple minutes before I bought it lol. And apparently I don't own Castle Crashers. I bought BBT yesterday though.

if anyone wants to get an even better deal on that bundle, let me know - my Castle Crashers/BBT bundle for your Castle Crashers Steam gift. Don't want to let a copy of Battleblock go to waste.

I'll do it if no one else has yet: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rpmboy/

Zomba13

The fact that blue is now so far ahead shows what a huge scam this contest is. I bet they aren't even giving out the 3 games to anyone.

Blue is winning now?

I have no idea how this works

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamTeamBlue/comments/28qh3p/operation_everyone_work_as_a_team_blue_monday/

19th - PURPLE - Thursday

20th - RED - Friday

21st - GREEN - Saturday

22nd - PINK - Sunday

23rd - BLUE - Monday

24th - PURPLE - Tuesday

25th - RED - wednesday

26th - GREEN - thursday

27th - PINK - friday

28th - BLUE - saturday

meanspartan

Are the teams just bullshit? Seems fixed.

Also, pink won yesterday. When do people fine out if they are one of the lucky few who get their wishlist games?

Helmholtz

I almost bought the laughing bundle but then I realized I didn't want either game.

What are these sales doing to me?
Same here haha.
Are the teams just bullshit? Seems fixed.

Also, pink won yesterday. When do people fine out if they are one of the lucky few who get their wishlist games?
It's fixed in terms of different internet communities conspiring to win on certain days, allowing each team to win once or twice. So yeah it's pretty silly overall. Basically no point in crafting badges unless your team is destined to win on a particular day. I'd call this a failed Valve experiment.

I'm not interested in any of the flash/daily/community deals, but the Lego games are all on sale for $5 (except Lego Movie since it's the newest of them all).

Buy any of the Lego games! The Lego games are amazing. I had a ton of fun with the Lego Star Wars games, and Lego Marvel. I'm personally thinking about buying Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, or Lego Lord of the Rings. Not sure which one yet, so I'm gonna look up some reviews. Lego Marvel is a must though for everybody.

tmarques

The fact that blue is now so far ahead shows what a huge scam this contest is. I bet they aren't even giving out the 3 games to anyone.

It's being manipulated, but not from the inside. And they are making millions on the back of the sick people spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars for no real reason , 90 free games a day is chump change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom