• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPoole

So I used one of the M&M $6 credits add $5 to my Steam wallet, and now I can't sell anything in the Steam Market for "a few days" until the order clears. Is that happening to anyone else?

0442_rsocw.gif

That's the best response so far lol.

Salsa

Are people really going to fill a page with quotes of the un-nuked key thing?

turfster I feel like gabe has apparently taken some direct approach this time around and maybe used a plunger to get money by crawling it up inside your butthole and taking it from there

you're a chill dude, what's going on? everyone's just havin fun

Ibuki

Banned
So I used one of the M&M $6 credits add $5 to my Steam wallet, and now I can't sell anything in the Steam Market for "a few days" until the order clears. Is that happening to anyone else?

Yep I'm restricted until the 28 even though I have used a verified card afterward. It won't even let you verify the M&M one either.

oneils

Well, there are per-giveaway rules, but there's also the global throttle. The global throttle limits you to one game every 15 minutes unless you have been winning lots of games, then it will steadily increase the cooldown period. At the top of the cooldown period you'll need to wait several days. I don't make the current throttle settings or cutoffs public because I don't want to encourage people just entering for anything and everything. Just because you can win a half-dozen or more games a day doesn't mean you should.

If it was a URL rather than a key, nuking can be kind of picky. Just add an ampersand at the end of the url and you'll get around the filter. Maybe do a non-anonymous giveaway this time, though :p

alright will try this out later. Went the anonymous route because I'm lazy, but we see how that worked out! :p

Jopie

Yes, it told me it would take a week to let me back into the market. In reality it took around 24 hours.

weow! Arma 3 time baby! jumping on that Altis Life Juggernaut...even though my computer will struggllle to run the game.

Anyone know if the Deus Ex 3: Director's cut is that much different than the original game?
its costing $9.99 with a whole set of different achivements looks like.

There are significant changes which include refined boss battles and the integration of the DLC into the campaign. There is also a commentary track which gives some cool insight about the production of the game.

Pand

A final reminder:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Forced -- MB-8907B910CF165643 - Taken by KevMan1815. 50 entrants total.

t1403568200z1.png

Eanan

Are we allowed to give away stuff not through Modbot? I have an extra link to the humble site for FTL and Urban Trial Freestyle that I kind of didn't mean to buy .

Yeah do it whichever you want, but a bit of advice. Put the keys/links in quotes to stop lurkers without accounts who watch this thread like hawks taking the key over members.

Prophane33

That happens to everyone that adds money to their steam wallet using a new card during a sale (or really anytime, but ESPECIALLY during a sale). Your best bet was to pay for games with the card, not to add funds using the wallet feature.

Mono

Yep I'm restricted until the 28 even though I have used a verified card afterward. It won't even let you verify the M&M one either.

I'm unable to use the market as well. :/

The M&M thing was the first CC I used my account, so I wonder if I'll be able to bypass this by using my actual CC?

hawk2025

I wasn't 100% sure on which Magicka DLC do get, so I got 'em all.

Oh Steam Sales, you make me so crazy.

And now I can't wait for Gauntlet!

oneils

That just means the people who will grab it will be non-posting lurkers as opposed to non-account-having lurkers :p

A couple of questions (really dumb ones).

So how come no one can just grab the keys listed in the modbot posts (I rarely redeem keys on Steam so I'm not too familiar with how it all works)? Do you enter the contest, and modbot sends you a link to redeem the key? I thought you could simply take a key and register it with steam?

Second dumb question. How do people get all of these keys? Is there an option in Steam to obtain a key rather than an inventory item?

Should of used Enhanced Steam.

My brother had a similar issue for trading too much, but it cleared up in a couple of hours. Hold out for a bit and see if it sticks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Frost is the fucking worst, I'm disgusted
with dat luck

I should have better stuff to give away later. But this game has mod support and is fun.
Instructions:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Standard Edition [Origin] -- MB-55F51349136DF610
t1403566799z1.png

Hylian7

So what's the verdict on Nether? For reference I like DayZ, despite it's jankiness. It looks like a DayZ-like game with a different setting (mutants rather than zombies, more modern America rather than Russia, etc.). Is it worth it? If so, which version? Do I really need more "Nether Gold" and the exclusive item or is that stupid Pay to Win shit?

Prophane33

So how come no one can just grab the keys listed in the modbot posts (I rarely redeem keys on Steam so I'm not too familiar with how it all works)? Do you enter the contest, and modbot sends you a link to redeem the key? I thought you could simply take a key and register it with steam?

Second dumb question. How do people get all of these keys? Is there an option in Steam to obtain a key rather than an inventory item?

Yes. That's exactly how it works.

As for your second question, you can buy a game as a gift, then give it away later (it stays in your cart as an inventory item).

SugarDave

weow! Arma 3 time baby! jumping on that Altis Life Juggernaut...even though my computer will struggllle to run the game.

Anyone know if the Deus Ex 3: Director's cut is that much different than the original game?
its costing $9.99 with a whole set of different achivements looks like.

As far as I know, it adds new ways to approach the boss fights, integrates the DLC seamlessly, includes developer commentary (which is really good I might add) and apparently overhauls the visuals with new techniques learned from their work on the DLC (although I don't think it's a particularly noticeable change). There may be some more but I'm not sure.

It was in a community sale earlier, so there's a chance it may still end up in a daily/flash.

Those "keys" are a randomly generated code that links with the real key.
Two ways either bundles or you buy the game as a gift and email it to yourself and copy the link that is contained in the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom