• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Can someone explain to me why everyone is so high on Spec-Ops? I played a bit of it back then on PC. Seem like your average shooter.
Haven't played it, but praise seems to revolve around it doing something different with its story and context. Takes into consideration what the player is actually doing by killing so many people.

Shadownet

Banned
Well guess I'm going to bite and buy spec-ops and not Just Cause 2.

Rave reviews from you guys so far.

I wish Mass Effect 3 was on Steam :(

Well, huh. My buying privileges just returned on Steam, although I still can't add funds or use the market. Used what Steam wallet funds I had left to buy Wolf Among Us. Cool beans.

And of course the purchase drops a foil summer card #9. Right when I can't even sell it. I feel you taunting me, Steam.

The intro for Saints Row IV is hilarious, hopefully it stays this silly. Saints Row the Third was pretty disappointing.

I just picked it back up again to try and beat it. It certainly isn't as good as Saint's Row 2. Doesn't have the same good feeling, but maybe it's the keyboard+mouse part that Volition really sucks at doing. Still, I'm managing to have a blast with it, with a bro.

I'd really just love to see some organised GAF community rally against the planned wins with either just total anarchy against the 'prescribed' winner for that day or an agreed other team.

Just for the hell of it really, to see if there's enough to combat the other guys.

GAF isn't big and organized enough to have any impact on it. Also, no one would gain from a game theory (repeated game) perspective. We could see a real fight on the last few days though, when cooperating doesn't benefit most people anymore.

Divius

New flash sales

RoEjTbg.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I want the puzzles to win in case I feel like throwing down that much for RealMyst Masterpieceofshit Edition and so more people can buy Kentucky Route Zero but

I get this feeling somehow Racing is going to win this one

Joey Ravn

Banned
I was on the verge about getting Planet Explorers. I missed it the first time it went on sale, and this second time around I almost got it... but I finally decided against it. It looks good, but it's not doing anything that Minecraft, Terraria or Starbound aren't doing (well, generally speaking at least). For a 3D Minecraft I guess I could get EverQuest Next Landmark, which seems a bit more involved than PE when it comes to modifying the terrain.

Maybe when it gets out of Early Access and there's more of a game to it, I finally get it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sports Simulation will win because Steam community always votes for what is wrong.

How are people getting locked out with the MCs? I added two and I can still use the marketplace.

Been waiting 20 minutes for the Saints Row site to send me my new password so I can download my Saints Row the Third character :/

Not really feeling any of the deals. Simcity 4 was cheaper on GMG a couple months back, so I'll wait for another $3.75 deal before I bite.

If the Sonic Collection had hit that sweet spot of $7.50, I would have been all over that.

I read a while back that lots of you got banned on steam, what happened?
Banned from marketplace [for 7 days] is not the same as banned from Steam. Like an onion there are many layers of being banned on Steam. Store can still be used, trades can still be made for cards (but not games).

Damn, looks like one of my community votes didn't register towards the card count.
It might not matter. There are 29 in total so you can miss 2 to still get 9 cards or miss 5 or 8 cards etc...

cicero

1PflxKP.jpg

A US only promotion to win a pre-paid $6 mastercard led to people getting locked out of the marketplace as a result of adding funds with a new cc

That is hardly getting "banned" though. I changed computers and added a new browser to the list of legitimate places I accessed my account from and I am "banned" from the marketplace for a week. This is typical Valve and I have had something similar happen multiple times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom