• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles if you eventually get hired by Valve you should immediately report back to us on the status of all games in development at the company. Then you can fix Steam.

Something tells me that if I were to do that, I wouldn't be there long enough to fix anything.

Tizoc

Why are sentient space bears always Asian inspired?

Volibear isn't asain >_>;
attachment.php

Mozendo

A couple of months ago, Squeenix finally pushed out a mammoth patch that was in the works for almost a year, which added Mac support, but I'm not sure if it also fixed the issues the game had a result of being based on a much older build of DE:HR.

When exactly was this? Got the game in April or May and the game hasn't updated since.
My most common issue is the flickering which happens a lot, then the game can get laggy at times, NPCs act like they're not apart of the quest until I talk to them a couple of times.

And I'm just a few hours in. :|

Deadbeat

Banned
Tried putting a card up on the market. Steam lagged at the at time and now the card is gone. Not in my inventory and not on the market. Already tried relogging in.

Not even going to bother contacting steam support because the last time I lost stuff during such a thing the steam rep told me everything was fine on his end like the worthless cunts they are.

Chariot

I'm explaining your other points with human nature and the power of trends and inertia. All Reddit potentially accounts for is which team gets the strong start. Beyond that, Reddit is irrelevant. In fact, if some other large site (say 4chan or NeoGaf) were to put a concerted effort into defeating the Reddit color in the very beginning, it would be relatively trivial to do so.
What in human nature leads to the last four places, four teams with millions of players, to have the same score? We're talking about differences smaller than 1,000 pts.
What is leading the winning people to throw massively points, when it's very clear they won?

Also I hope I don't make you angry, I know how it is to see conspiracy nuts and will return soon under my tinfoil hat, but it jsut bothers me.

liezryou

Those last 3 hours before the new sales where you check every flash/daily/community deal that is about to end to make sure you get everything you wanted.
typing.gif

Locust

Bundle repeats:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Starlite Astronaut Academy: G-Ball -- MB-A5C5E0301F39B609
EDGE -- MB-C5B07F0957A93A96
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-E47168F4BE604800 - Taken by Avinexus. 4 entrants total.
8-Bit Commando -- MB-DBECCF27F5B45491 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 4 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-2A255407AF8EDC4A - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1403534415z1.png
+ an old unclaimed one:
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-7E709F96487E6789

Soule

Really? I got it cuz it has space bears
8-Hi-Space-Bears.jpg

So that was enough to make me look at it, the 98% negative review sign on the store page was a pretty big red flag haha but the gameplay didn't look so bad. The first 3 reviews I read were not nearly as harsh as I expected, they say the same thing as boss doggie in that it is disappointing. Cool seeing weird races like space bears tho :)

Community
Pack 1:
  • Dead Island 75% off
  • Deus Ex HR DC 75% off
  • Nether 80% off
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate 66% off
What? I can't see that game! I have only three. Where do I get Dead Island. It doesn't show up on search either.

But Nether looks promising.

Do not buy Nether. The game has a pay2win model, the number of people playing is hilariously low, and the combat feels abysmal and runs like complete shit. It also quietly left Early Access without much of a big deal since it still feels like a product in a public beta.

You can do much better with 3$

....I really liked Nether. Never had any performance or bug-related issues with it. And the gameplay is pretty fun, regardless of pay2win, TF2 is the epitome of pay2win and that ain't stopping anybody.
Oh, why does a paid game incorporate Pay2Win? That really doesn't make me wanna buy it.

Anyone played Nether? What you think of it?

Tizoc

What? I can't see that game! I have only three. Where do I get Dead Island. It doesn't show up on search either.

But Nether looks promising.

Oh, why does a paid game incorporate Pay2Win? That really doesn't make me wanna buy it.

Anyone played Nether? What you think of it?

Depending on your region certain games are not available for purchase. In my case South Park for example. If it goes on sale I won't see it on the front page.

Arukado

Mortal Kombat KE double dipped, finally. Hopefully the "new online infrastructure" will work better than the old one on psn.

Soule

Hotline Miami soundtrack is amazing. That is all.

This. I haven't played in ages but the songs are in my playlist and they are awesome, I didn't really appreciate them at first until a friend of mine noted how good they were and then I realized I spent a lot of time just chilling and listening when I played lol

Hugstable

Banned
I have an extra copy of Nuclear Dawn, but I'm not sure anyone wants that game in a giveaway or anything lol. Waiting to see if Half Minute Hero ever goes to the 90% sale like that one Flash Sale, but I want to at least do a giveaway on a copy of that game later. If people actually want Nuclear Dawn then I guess I can do a giveaway, but I don't wanna just waste space on a giveaway if it's a game noone wants.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yes. I played one hour and then stopped playing because it's getting a full release on the 30th.

There's an OT if you want more gameplay reactions as well.

Yeah, did the same... its pretty great so far.

Some weird camera issues when scrolling and some crappy pathfinding.. but otherwise scratches so many itches for a cRPG at once I'm pretty amazed. 7 more days.. can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom