• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
can confirm
0UWrQfh.png

Does your Taargus have a Tulley Toggle?

hepburn3d

You have to know a lot of gaming history, have some knowledge on the world of cheating codes in console games and be browsing GAF from a desktop computer.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A on the desktop website

I knew that was a joke but I had to type that code in any way :D

Beelzebubs

I've always wondered this; HOW do you get Neogaf Gold? What is it exactly? I always thought it was just a joke, or is it?

You need to own 5 copies of bad rats, get a tag in your name then perform the Tomb Raider Lara Croft nudity code on the forums.

Seanspeed

Banned
Double dipped on Dishonored - hot damn the image quality is awful on this game.
Does have some noticeable aliasing issues, but that can be fixed! Its not a highly demanding game. I'm running it at 1440p(downsampled to 1080p)/locked 60fps and max settings no problem.

Looks beautiful.

Ventara

UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A ENTER

You have to know a lot of gaming history, have some knowledge on the world of cheating codes in console games and be browsing GAF from a desktop computer.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A on the desktop website

Well, I tried it and nothing happened.
You guys are pulling my leg, aren't you?

oldboss

Ugh, alright I caved in.

Got :

Braid
The Swapper
Dust : An Elysian Tail
Ichi
Savant : Ascent
Teslagrad
Gone Home
Don't Starve

Feeling better now!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ahhhhhhhh Long Live the Queen is one of the last two things on my wishlist I want to consider this sale a success, but all I have is Mars money. Anyone want to convince me that it's okay to use when you're buying something from your cart as opposed to funding your wallet? Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh dammit.
I don't know man, I think Valve only takes Earth money. Maybe check with some currency exchange store to see if they accept Martian coin, though I'm not sure.

Well, I tried it and nothing happened.
You guys are pulling my leg, aren't you?
No I'm not. Are you on the desktop website, and on the main page? I think I found the code myself when looking at the source code (I was bored at work one day, but please don't say that to my boss!)

Mokoi

Banned
Alright giving away the best shooter on the market. I may of effed up with the keys because I'm pretty buzzed.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen #2 -- MB-B15BE0DB2E883DD7 - Taken by Beelzebubs. 6 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen #3 -- MB-66344371CD82C164 - Taken by thereisnoif. 16 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen #1 -- MB-4BE707CB48CEE40F - Taken by hepburn3d. 13 entrants total.
Long Live The Queen #4 -- MB-47331E96DF6532B3 - Taken by HungOverOnATues. 5 entrants total.

t1403865380z1.png

Jadax

I don't think so. Steam overlay should hook into anything compatible regardless of windowed or fullscreen mode. I also tend to play windowed and never had any issues.

Ok so this is not working.

When I click for the game to run from Steam nothing comes up. Both Uplay + Valiant Hearts are running (according to the Task Manager), but nothing shows up.

I then go to force shutdown Valiant Hearts from the task manager, and it starts running.

But of course no steam overlay :(

Ventara

Speaking of Long Live the Queen, how long is it? And is it interesting storywise? I'm thinking of picking it up, just not sure it'll keep my attention since it looks like it might get repetitive.

Pachimari

Alright, so to correct my mistake earlier asking for a copy of Long Live the Queen, I have sold all of my summer cards in order to gift away a copy myself, so here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Long Live The Queen -- MB-4D3328E44B193792 - Taken by Dragon1893. 28 entrants total.

t1403865633z1.png

Vuze

Ok so this is not working.

When I click for the game to run from Steam nothing comes up. Both Uplay + Valiant Hearts are running (according to the Task Manager), but nothing shows up.

I then go to force shutdown Valiant Hearts from the task manager, and it starts running.

But of course no steam overlay :(

That's weird, Valiant Hearts + Steam overlay work like a charm for me :/

How high are the chances that Dynasty Warriors 8 gets to -50% once more? I made up my mind now though the -50% offer from the other day is long gone :(

waby

Alright, so to correct my mistake earlier asking for a copy of Long Live the Queen, I have sold all of my summer cards in order to gift away a copy myself, so here you go:
Thanks for correcting!

I would love to see a modbot troll reply though :D

MadGear

WTF is Long Live the Queen? Just looking at screens and videos doesn't help me answer this question at all. At first i thought it some sort of graphic novel but apparently it's something completely different?

Ventara

WTF is Long Live the Queen? Just looking at screens and videos doesn't help me answer this question at all. At first i thought it some sort of graphic novel but apparently it's something completely different?

From my understanding, it's a visual novel of sorts where you level up a variety of attributes to pass/fail story checkpoints, which can alter the story.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sniper_cat.gif

no more sniping, gotta take the puppy to the vet

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

It's like the Princess Maker games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Maker) where you balance your Princess' schedule and choices, building and balancing her stats - which affects story progression. It's more unforgiving than Princess Maker though because your Princess constantly ends up dying.

You'll be seeing this screen a lot:

lltq_3.png

waby

A 2013 Christmas Sale must have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom