• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Even if I think that to the Moon is no good, you went overboard with hyperbole, it's not really offensively bad, it's just not good.

Chariot

umm...no? it's just a snarky comment about the game.
You make the statement that the game is bad followed by your "snarky" comment that the game that the game felt to you like written by autists and about autism. So clearly that is the explanation and underlininh of the previous sentence, which mean you used autists as a insult.
Snarkyness is no excuse. Just imagine if one said "This is game is bad. Its about homosexuality written by gays".

thebloo

You make the statement that the game is bad followed by your "snarky" comment that the game that the game felt to you like written by autists and about autism. So clearly that is the explanation and underlininh of the previous sentence, which mean you used autists as a insult.
Snarkyness is no excuse. Just imagine if one said "This is game is bad. Its about homosexuality written by gays".

That's a weird comparison.

iH7vIHp5FNrms.jpg

Perfection :)

Oh man my wallet is crying in my pocket.
My haul:
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Goat Simulator
SteamWorld Dig
Banner Saga
Bioshock Triple Pack
Valiant Hearts
Castle Crashers
Battle Block Theatre
Marlow Briggs
Fallout 3 GOTY
Payday 2
Risk of Rain
State of Decay
XCOM Enemy Unknown and the Bureau
The Stanley Parable
Urban Trials

Shit. Too many games.

Cognition is an adult graphic adventure about lost, revenge and fate.

Story is really well done and progresses nicely without feeling forced, most puzzles are logical, all characters are complex and have motivations that you can understand, this is helped by the great voice acting.

The game has a supernatural twist, but it doesn't feel cheesy and works well in the game for the most part, allowing for some very interesting mechanics.

DIfficulty is well balanced except a couple puzzles that might require an effort, but everything is feasible and can be deducted logically, no need for weird guessings. There are a few moments where you can actually die, but it's not frustrating since the game allows for fast retrying.

All 4 episodes are quite good, but the third one is weaker because it focuses on a single location, although it's needed to move the plot further and get ready for the final of the game, so it can be forgiven and it's not bad anyway, just not as good as the other 3 episodes.

The game has a few technical bugs, like the character moving through objects, but none are gamebreaking, just a few little annoyances.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the game and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an adult graphic adventure with an interesting plot.

Bradach

Anyone here tried both Chivalry and War of the Vikings?

How do they compare?

I enjoy Chivalry a lot so I'm tempted by War of the Vikings.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

How do they compare?

Skip War of The Vikings. It's buggy, unbalanced and boring. The community is dead as well.

Chivalry is way better

Chariot

How do they compare?

Chivalry is a blast if you always wanted a multiplayer fos in medival times. You're running around slaying those fools who dare to wear the wrong teamcolor. The best thing is the battlyell button. So much screaminh until you yourself scream while chopping heads like firewood.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck you
King Knight
and fuck you
Spectral Knight

Yeah Shovel Knight is something alright

Technically 3 more chances. Though I guess Sunday should still have Flash sales too right?

yup last day has flashes too, encore is only for the dailies (well, looking at this sale, its for everything but still)

Indignate

Loaded up my cart with everything I don't expect to be discounted any further.

Now to wait and see if anything ends up being discounted further.

JakeD

one more chance for Ikaruga to be a Flash deal right? if not, i'll just grab it at 50%

either 3 or 6 chances depending on whether or not they run flash sales on the last day.

I'm im for a broforce 4 pack if anyone is doing one

Bradach

Skip War of The Vikings. It's buggy, unbalanced and boring. The community is dead as well.

Chivalry is way better

Chivalry is a blast if you always wanted a multiplayer fos in medival times. You're running around slaying those fools who dare to wear the wrong teamcolor. The best thing is the battlyell button. So much screaminh until you yourself scream while chopping heads like firewood.
Thanks lads. Saved me a few quid.
I also scream while I charge to my grizzly death :)

liezryou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom