• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I'm only at level 1 of Cloudbuilt but so far this title is quite fantastic. Wow are the visuals beautiful with some fancy filtering going on. And it's high paced action with upbeat music. It's so cool that you can wall-run for a while thanks to your jetpack-like ability, and you can also set up checkpoints yourself.

I wish someone could buy me Assetto Corsa, and I could either paypal or pay with keys on Monday, as that's when I get money on my account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh red is closer to green than green is to purple now :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
meh red is closer to green than green is to purple now :(

Yeah, but you're still third place.

Meanwhile, pink team is in the lead and hopefully stays there until the "next day" since I'll have crafted my badge for nothing if I don't get in that winners circle. >:|

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, but you're still third place.

Meanwhile, pink team is in the lead and hopefully stays there until the "next day" since I'll have crafted my badge for nothing if I don't get in that winners circle. >:|

well I was talking about second place, first is impossible

Amneisac

If anyone out of the US would like to buy a copy of Broforce, just send me a PM. I've got one copy for your generous gift of $7.54 USD via PayPal.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Next you're going to try telling me it has a better soundtrack

(Also, I totally missed the 8-16 bit console generation, so shovel knight really does nothing for me.
I was playing flight/tank simulators and adventures/complex RPGs, son!)

I didn't miss it, but I still find the idea of making a game as though you were still limited by NES hardware to be pointless. It's a fun exercise, but actually as a product to sell it makes me far less interested in the game than if they'd used the tools they actually have available.

Well, I still have $31.95 of the $50 Steam Credit I got for Christmas, so I'll be brave and I'll buy Final Fantasy III if it shows up again on the repeat day.

Although maybe I should wait until they have the sense to add the Superior Famicom soundtrack. >:-\

KiraFA37

Just realized I used all of my Steam Wallet funds, aka card money, to partly pay for Endless Space... that money was supposed to be for buying stuff on the marketplace.

Anteater

I know speedrunners and double dragon is going to happen today, my friends and I are going to buy those, play a few games, and I'm going to make enough card money at the end of the day to buy crimzon clover. Today will be a great day.

Eternia

Hey GAF is the 360 controller still the best controller to use for PC game? Or have I been out of the loop for too long.
I like the Xbox One controller a lot more since using it. Never liked the dualshock triggers or dpad and the DS4 sticks are riddled with potential quality issues.

You might want to take a look at CKII. Supposedly it is one of the easier grand strategy games to play.

Should have mentioned I've played many hours of CK2 and have a decent understanding of it.
Tried Victoria but couldn't get into it.
Thought EUIV was a litte more straight-forward plan and execute compared to those...?

Rhaknar

I know Alan Wake and Borderlands 2 is going to happen today, my friends and I are going to buy those, play a few games, and I'm going to make enough card money at the end of the day to buy Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition.. Today will be a horrible day.

I fixed that for you

aku:jiki

Is there a reason not to just snatch up Clickteam Fusion at that price if messing around with making a couple of simple game sounds fun to me? What's the catch?

Got Sniper Elite v2 free when they gave it away finally playing it, this game is fun, I shot a soldier in the nuts through a board, fucking crazy..also this game is giving away cards I got 5 already..

Enco

There is an expansion for your castle that lets you keep more and more money the more you upgrade it.

What about it would be boring if it looked cool? I mean, you must have recognized that it's a platform combat game from looking at it, and it is exactly that and does it pretty well. Don't see how the game is anything other than what it looks to be.
I watched some videos on YouTube and read the great opinions on GAF.

I'm not usually a big fan of platformers but I liked the art style and combined with all the positive opinions, I bought it without much thinking. Not a great move.

Eusis

It has a larger chance of winning, since it's with shooters and "real" games.
That's my thought, though the other games aren't particularly big either, but maybe Brothers has enough star power ot make people absent mindedly vote for that so who knows.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I missed a vote. Fuck this shit

Don't the votes usually leave you with not enough to complete a final card anyway? I seem to remember the past couple sales would end with the last vote being my second toward a new card.

If you're upset about your actual vote, don't worry. I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't count GAF votes. It's the only explanation left.

The_Monk

Quick question my good people, when you have a Beta version of one game can you buy it or do you need to wait until the beta ends? And when the beta is over, do they remove the entry from your library? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom