• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diedac

Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aveyond Lord of Twilight -- MB-62322ED221146493 - Taken by Dragonborn. 1 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-11EE6ECC94F1D9C3 - Taken by fwpx. 3 entrants total.

t1403792587z1.png

I brought the gta 4 standalone for 3 something, but somehow I now got the complete edition.
Glitch or daylight robbery or (not)up at night lucky?

Sendou

Far Cry 3 is a fine game. It's like junk food. Might not be a delicacy but it's still something you can enjoy with a little guilt, you know? Here's what I thought (finished my playthrough last night and was too lazy to write a proper review):

Overall I enjoyed my time with the game. The main story had some very interesting missions rivalling even the most more linear gaming experiences. That said the side content was very weak. Side quests consisted only of simple fetch mission with little else. It's your usual Ubisoft open world in the sense that there's so much content you can go for if you wish (taking you 100 hours+ easily to get all of them) but it's not like you feel any need to. There's no other proper rewards for doing so other than achievements I guess. Everything you really need is unlocked in the first fifth of the game. Same with hunting and gathering. There's no need to do either of them outside of the early game. There's no challenge with that either. End-game recipes that could act as a motivator to actually bother gathering are just game breaking. It's not like you need them either since the game is rather easy even on the hardest difficulty. Writing was solid with some very interesting characters. Too bad you are forced to kill all of the interesting characters because you have to defend the boring. Funny playing a game like that. I think the variety of approaches to combat the game allowed worked really well. I found stealth very satisfying. It's not hard but you feel like a ninja when you manage to nail an approach. Uplay deserves an extra mention because it's not good at all but everybody knows about that. The game is graphically nothing special. Oh and the UI is designed for console so there might be a frustrating moment or to especially when you sell items.

(sorry for putting the text out like this. It was originally for a different format hence no paragraphs)

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hehe, you doing the GAF-lord's work.

So much gold there and no one is taking it. Red Orchestra 2, Organ Trail, Shank, Journey Down. So much gold.

hovering over Stealth Bastard

well - I guess people just don't want free games anymore ;)

RS4-

Wow 25+ pages since I went to bed. I haven't checked the site yet but others have mentioned Ikaruga, I'll vote for that. Steam needs more shmups.

gngf123

will i like last remnant for $2.50?

(i've almost finished dragoneers aria - if that tells you about my masochism for jrpgs)

It's a good game, with some problems. Most of the problems can be fixed with a quick visit to: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Last_Remnant

I really wish Square Enix spent some more time with it. There is an amazing game in there somewhere, but it lacks polish.

Also, play in Japanese + Subtitles. English voice acting in this game is terrible.

Tektonic

It's a good game, with some problems. Most of the problems can be fixed with a quick visit to: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Last_Remnant

I really wish Square Enix spent some more time with it. There is an amazing game in there somewhere, but it lacks polish.

Also, play in Japanese + Subtitles. English voice acting in this game is terrible.

thanks for your impressions... for $2.50 can't really go too wrong; but backlog & lack of time means it's gotta grab me straight away...

mrgone

Anyone know if they're eventually bringing that StreetPass Arena stuff to the Steam version of Shovel Knight in some capacity? I just found out about it and it seems pretty cool. It'd work really well with friends lists, too (well maybe not, now that I think about it. It'd need some storage)

What's the missing game from the line of Company of Heroes 2 and Child of Light? Below CS: GO?

Also I would have voted for Addictive - Multiplayer but Dark souls is not showing up so I've chosen Hardcore. Hope Ikaruga wins!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Thanks for *Mystery Game* Transcripted, Autofokus. :)

fwpx

Far Cry 3 is a fine game. It's like junk food. Might not be a delicacy but it's still something you can enjoy with a little guilt, you know? Here's what I thought (finished my playthrough last night and was too lazy to write a proper review):

Overall I enjoyed my time with the game. The main story had some very interesting missions rivalling even the most more linear gaming experiences. That said the side content was very weak. Side quests consisted only of simple fetch mission with little else. It's your usual Ubisoft open world in the sense that there's so much content you can go for if you wish (taking you 100 hours+ easily to get all of them) but it's not like you feel any need to. There's no other proper rewards for doing so other than achievements I guess. Everything you really need is unlocked in the first fifth of the game. Same with hunting and gathering. There's no need to do either of them outside of the early game. There's no challenge with that either. End-game recipes that could act as a motivator to actually bother gathering are just game breaking. It's not like you need them either since the game is rather easy even on the hardest difficulty. Writing was solid with some very interesting characters. Too bad you are forced to kill all of the interesting characters because you have to defend the boring. Funny playing a game like that. I think the variety of approaches to combat the game allowed worked really well. I found stealth very satisfying. It's not hard but you feel like a ninja when you manage to nail an approach. Uplay deserves an extra mention because it's not good at all but everybody knows about that. The game is graphically nothing special.

(sorry for putting the text out like this. It was originally for a different format hence no paragraphs)

This is pretty much exactly how I feel, except I remember feeling impressed by the graphics when I first played it.

MadGear

will i like last remnant for $2.50?

(i've almost finished dragoneers aria - if that tells you about my masochism for jrpgs)

IMO it suffers from a super slow start because the first few hours of this game were not really that enjoyable to me. But if this isn't your first JRPG you are probably already familiar with this phenomenon :D IMO the game could have been a bit shorter too, felt a bit stretched but i feel that way about many JRPGs. However the combat and boss battles are actually quite good.

fwpx

IMO it suffers from a super slow start because the first few hours of this game were not really that enjoyable to me. But if this isn't your first JRPG you are probably already familiar with this phenomenon :D IMO the game could have been a bit shorter too, felt a bit stretched but i feel that way about many JRPGs. However the combat and boss battles are actually quite good.

I remember trying it and just not feeling it at all. For $2.50 though, I may give it another whirl. Thanks for the insight!

gngf123

Right, lets try this:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-27452DFAF9CEEEC6 - Taken by InvisibleStride. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-E227CC16A43A144A - Taken by Blue-kun. 5 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-DB962E688CE0ECF6 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 5 entrants total.
Frozen Synapse -- MB-6E0F7726CAC3A395 - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.

t1403783349z1.png

Tektonic

thanks. yes, i played a lot of jrpgs on my psp go (got another one last year), and i know all about the s-l-o-w starts :) i'm installing now, so i'll report back later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom