• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

I like to look of the new commodity trading system... as it's much easier to see what prices people are willing to sell at and how deep the demand is.

I do wonder what effect it will have on prices over time.

Pachimari

Is there a mod for GTA IV which can give me a better aim when using weapons? Or is it fine by default?

Because if I remember correctly, the aiming were lackluster in the console version.

Blue-kun

Voted for Ikaruga too, but I'm not too confident it'll win either. Would be a nice surprise, though.

Other than that, got my fingers crossed for Civ today. Bracing for disappointment once again!

Zia

Urrrrgh. Planned on waking up and buying Quake III and the Unreal pack. This is why user curation only works within limits, Valve.

At least Ikaruga will win (thanks to it being attached to Hotline Miami and Super Meat Boy, two of the most on-sale indies ever).

Edit: Oh, scratch that. There's a Minecraft clone in with the other choices. Sorry, Ikaruga fans.

kudoboi

Is there a mod for GTA IV which can give me a better aim when using weapons? Or is it fine by default?

Because if I remember correctly, the aiming were lackluster in the console version.

played IV with a keyboard and mouse. had no issues with the aiming at all

Yakkue

Urrrrgh. Planned on waking up and buying Quake III and the Unreal pack. This is why user curation only works within limits, Valve.

At least Ikaruga will win (thanks to it being attached to Hotline Miami and Super Meat Boy, two of the most on-sale indies ever).

Against Dark Souls? I hope you're right, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Onionkid

Thats the exact reason I haven't bought it yet, please report back!

So, I just got done doing some KOF online. There was lag, but it was subtle. Nothing you shouldn't already be used to if you've played online in other fighters. Wasn't awful, but wasn't eye opening. Good enough, I guess. I had no problems using any moves, but I don't have experience with combos/crazy techniques to know how iffy that input was.

What's this Dark Souls game y'all are talking about? I can't see in the Store?

Curse you Region Lock happy Japanese Devs! I can't even buy Metal Gear Rising also thanks to you.

Arthea

will i like last remnant for $2.50?

(i've almost finished dragoneers aria - if that tells you about my masochism for jrpgs)

It's one of my favourite modern JRPGs, it's very good, and features those large scale battles, I so would like to see more RPGs to employ. The battle system is amazing, and story is passable, there are many characters and they are mostly good.
be sure that you
were born ready
for lots of content, you can easily spend 100 hours on it and more.

also
Last-Remnant.jpg

edited: I see I'm being fashionably late. Well, here is hoping someone will find it useful.

Volimar

Here's this...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

xheRJRF.gif
Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-B8C468E92D61FD76 - Taken by Poetic.Injustice

Hoping it works. I haven't given a game from my inventory before, just things like humble bundles.

Pachimari

How good is King of Fighters nowadays?

I remember playing it on the PSone I think (or was it PS2?) and I didn't like it at all. But I'm into fighters anyway, and got Skullgirls, Vanguard Princess and Mortal Kombat for PC already.

Thank you gngf123 for Frozen Synapse! I had been looking for that so I can get some local multiplayer going on. :)

Autofokus

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mirror's Edge -- MB-3F9598A1501EC0F6 - Taken by schroddycat. 4 entrants total.

t1403784393z1.png
For that one guy who doesn't already own it.

aku:jiki

How good is King of Fighters nowadays?

I remember playing it on the PSone I think (or was it PS2?) and I didn't like it at all. But I'm into fighters anyway, and got Skullgirls, Vanguard Princess and Mortal Kombat for PC already.

Thank you gngf123 for Frozen Synapse! I had been looking for that so I can get some local multiplayer going on. :)
KOF was never bad, it just plays differently from Capcom's typical half/quarter circle style. It still does as far as I know.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Thanks for Pid lashman.

Really hoping Ikaruga wins this current vote. Going to give it away if it does. :D

Games like Ikaruga are the reason I have one monitor set up vertically at all times and a few arcade sticks within arm's reach of my PC.

Even if it doesn't win the vote, it'll inevitably pop up at some point in the sale. I'm hyped.

Red

Are people really into simulation games or what? Truck simulator, mechanic simulator, prison architect, etc etc. Are these actually worth playing or are they joke games like surgeon simulator and goat simulator?

Arthea

Was hoping that Remember Me would go down to -75% instead of -67%. How long does an average play through take?

I maybe am imagining things, but I remember it already being -75% before, then again as steam threads prove often, I have black hole in my memory, and sometimes confuse what discount were on which site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom