• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum

Was hoping that Remember Me would go down to -75% instead of -67%. How long does an average play through take?

10-12 hours I would hazard a guess.

took me a little longer but I wasn't in a rush.

edit: steam says I've played 15 hours. got 52% of the achievements.

I definitely enjoyed the game aside from the obscured QTE events. I keep thinking I'll re-play it but never have.

StAidan

Man, I voted for Ikaruga but I'm quite pessimistic about its prospects.

On another note, I have yet to win a single entry in that M&M contest (7 entries so far).

user237

Are people really into simulation games or what? Truck simulator, mechanic simulator, prison architect, etc etc. Are these actually worth playing or are they joke games like surgeon simulator and goat simulator?

There is a simulator for every occupation. Or there will be soon.

Most of them are crap but there's a few that are good.

Linkinito

Here's this...

Hoping it works. I haven't given a game from my inventory before, just things like humble bundles.

I can't believe that I kickstarted this game. The problem with it is it was completely rushed. This game should have been released one year later.

KiraFA37

I maybe am imagining things, but I remember it already being -75% before, then again as steam threads prove often, I have black hole in my memory, and sometimes confuse what discount were on which site.

Not in this sale I believe. Probably in a different one when the price was higher.

10-12 hours I would hazard a guess.

took me a little longer but I wasn't in a rush.

edit: steam says I've played 15 hours. got 52% of the achievements.

I definitely enjoyed the game aside from the obscured QTE events. I keep thinking I'll re-play it but never have.

Thanks. I'll guess I'll go and buy it then, one less game on my wishlist.

Kiru

Hm why does the store tell me I already own Fallout NV Ultimate ? I only have the normal version. I thought it was some separate entry in your game library too ?

We need divinity sale back!!!!! I bought keys but by the time I went to buy it was up in price 2 keys :(

I just relented and got a copy for 10keys!

I like this new buy/sell mechanic on the market. Earlier I put in about 2 dozen very very lowball buy orders on rare foils and just got one for 31c where the only other one on the market is $28+

derExperte

Are people really into simulation games or what? Truck simulator, mechanic simulator, prison architect, etc etc. Are these actually worth playing or are they joke games like surgeon simulator and goat simulator?

Wait a second, Goat Sim IS worth playing.

Far Cry 3 is a fine game. It's like junk food. Might not be a delicacy but it's still something you can enjoy with a little guilt, you know? Here's what I thought (finished my playthrough last night and was too lazy to write a proper review):

Overall I enjoyed my time with the game. The main story had some very interesting missions rivalling even the most more linear gaming experiences. That said the side content was very weak. Side quests consisted only of simple fetch mission with little else. It's your usual Ubisoft open world in the sense that there's so much content you can go for if you wish (taking you 100 hours+ easily to get all of them) but it's not like you feel any need to. There's no other proper rewards for doing so other than achievements I guess. Everything you really need is unlocked in the first fifth of the game. Same with hunting and gathering. There's no need to do either of them outside of the early game. There's no challenge with that either. End-game recipes that could act as a motivator to actually bother gathering are just game breaking. It's not like you need them either since the game is rather easy even on the hardest difficulty. Writing was solid with some very interesting characters. Too bad you are forced to kill all of the interesting characters because you have to defend the boring. Funny playing a game like that. I think the variety of approaches to combat the game allowed worked really well. I found stealth very satisfying. It's not hard but you feel like a ninja when you manage to nail an approach. Uplay deserves an extra mention because it's not good at all but everybody knows about that. The game is graphically nothing special. Oh and the UI is designed for console so there might be a frustrating moment or to especially when you sell items.

(sorry for putting the text out like this. It was originally for a different format hence no paragraphs)

I guess I agree with you

62C807AD3BEACFB86ED9DBF44006670AD0AB6E41

Volimar

Hm why does the store tell me I already own Fallout NV Ultimate ? I only have the normal version. I thought it was some separate entry in your game library too ?

A lot of ultimate editions of games are just the base game. The ultimate stuff appears under "view downloadabl content" but it doesn't get a separate listing.

UrbanRats

I wonder what are the chances of a good discount on Resident Evil 4.
Otherwise i may be done with this sale with Revengeance being the only game i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom