• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So seemingly one more day of dailies tomorrow, then an encore day, right?

Should I continue to hold off on Grim Dawn, hoping it is a daily tomorrow, or should I just say fuck it and grab it now?

Tomorrow is likely the repeat day, but you may as well hold out for at least two more flash and another community choice.

Kadin

So how do you add the $6 M&M credit card to steam wallet?
You can either use it on a direct purchase (preferred) or you can use Enhanced Steam and add it (to your wallet) as a custom amount but realize that doing this will revoke your access to the Market for about a week.

You basically use the info from the .pdf as a Mastercard.

Go to enhanced steam, add custom amount ($6)
DO NOT SAVE THE INFORMATION or you will be locked out of the market for a week. (like poor ol' me)
Saved or not, adding to the wallet will revoke access.

I pay 25 dollars per year for PS+ and get hundreds of dollars of games I would often buy anyway in return. The people who try to make a big deal out of it being a subscription based service are very silly.

What a silly response to a useful post. It is not free in any way on Steam right now, I avoided even looking at the sale for it because I knew I would get it on PS4 anyway with my sub.

the poster is making fun of the "free" part since it isn't really free on PSN due to the need to pay a subcription fee beforehand.

Hubb

I already own them, but have the Ys games not been in a flash/commuity vote yet? Was going to gift one to a friend.

Lomax

I pay 25 dollars per year for PS+ and get hundreds of dollars of games I would often buy anyway in return. The people who try to make a big deal out of it being a subscription based service are very silly.

It isn't that it isn't worth it, it's that as soon as you stop paying, you have nothing.

Shadownet

Banned
Today's saturday, tomorrow is the encore.

Yesterday was friday!

rebecca-black-gif-friday.gif

Ozium

I was under the impression that adding money from a new payment type to your wallet at all was what caused market suspension...

I've just been buying game(s) that total up to $6 (5.99, 5.97, etc.) and not worrying about losing a few cents here and there and just using it as a one time payment for my cart and haven't had any problems...

Amzin

I redeemed 6 or 7 before getting locked out and it was the day after I had saved one. So I'm not positive but it seems to be that reason.

You can also send yourself a $6 amazon gift card btw.

I got locked out instantly after using 1, and not saving, so I think you just got lucky.

It isn't that it isn't worth it, it's that as soon as you stop paying, you have nothing.

You get discounts as well that are usually great and you obviously keep those games if you decide not to resubscribe. And yes, if you stop paying you lose those games until you resubscribe but it's such an insignificant figure that it is almost irrelevant.

Shadownet

Banned
alright, I have some Summer Cards left. I'm going to get rid of them.

#4, 7, 9 and two copies of #10.

I'm looking for either, Warframe, Borderlands 2, Metro Last Light, Skyrim, Witcher 2, Mark of the Ninja, Counter Strike, Global Offensive cards.

So if you have any of those. We can do a trade. Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Hitman Absolution cards works as well.

PM me on here.

derExperte

Should I continue to hold off on Grim Dawn, hoping it is a daily tomorrow, or should I just say fuck it and grab it now?

Could be a flash. And FYI the devs have said that they submitted 50% as the discount if it gets picked.

The normal price is 50$ and even 50€ for us here. I paid 33€ the last time I renewed and it's a solid deal overall (less so for the ones only owning a PS4) but that still can get you quite a lot of games on Steam.

But at 25 a year, why would you ever stop paying? I've got mine paid through for years ahead. In sales alone (with discounts) I save well over $100 bucks a year (and those you keep forever), the free games are just icing on the cake.

Kadin

I was under the impression that adding money from a new payment type to your wallet at all was what caused market suspension...

I've just been buying game(s) that total up to $6 (5.99, 5.97, etc.) and not worrying about losing a few cents here and there and just using it as a one time payment for my cart and haven't had any problems...
This is correct. Any addition to your wallet from a brand new source is the problem. A direct purchase will keep things fine.

I already own them, but have the Ys games not been in a flash/commuity vote yet? Was going to gift one to a friend.

don't remember seeing any tbh.

maybe they were "hidden" aka active but not shown on the main page eg Marlow Briggs is .99 cents and i don't remember seeing that on the main page.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Fucking wolfie is gonna be staring me down all day. That is a surprising sale.

Has Legend of Grimrock been on flash yet? Thinking about picking that up along with both Baldurs Gates

Its been in rotation for like 2 dolla at the gog sale. And no it hasnt been a flash. Probably wont be.

cicero

Spent the remaining of my money yesterday and this shows up?

Baldurs Gate II
Shadowrun Returns
Goat Simulator
Broken Age
Cloudbuilt
TowerFall: Acension
You might want to check out some of the critical comments and reviews about the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions before deciding to purchase them...

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
If you win a game on ModBot, but then the game is invalid (key was already used), you are still counted as "winning" right? So can't enter any contests that are restricted by winning day before?

The_Monk

While I do not make a big deal out of it I must admit that it's a nice service. If you are console-only with a small budget it's a nice service to have in my opinion. I see some many good titles in there.

Steam offers the best choice when it comes to play little for a lot, specially during these sales. There's simply no doubt when you pay 3-4€ for a game that can last you hundreds of hours like Fallout games, etc. However, one years of PS Plus gives the user 72 games, Strider will be one of the next week. It's all about personal preferences in the end. :)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You might want to check out some of the critical comments and reviews about the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Editions before deciding to purchase them...

Oh boy. I guess that´s a skip. Thankfully I didnt had any money to commit mistakes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom