• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Like I replied to you earlier, the sale ends at 10AM on Monday so there will be no new deals.

Oh I didn't see your reply, the pages are moving too fast so I'm used to going to the last page most of the time. Thanks for the help. :)

I just want repeat deals at this point anyway. Still haven't got Alan Wake.

While I do not make a big deal out of it I must admit that it's a nice service. If you are console-only with a small budget it's a nice service to have in my opinion. I see some many good titles in there.

Steam offers the best choice when it comes to play little for a lot, specially during these sales. There's simply no doubt when you pay 3-4€ for a game that can last you hundreds of hours like Fallout games, etc. However, one years of PS Plus gives the user 72 games, Strider will be one of the next week. It's all about personal preferences in the end. :)

I'd say that's a bit debatable.. While the sales aren't as good on PS+, I've got to say, I've probably spent more with them than I have on steam this year. The Vita sales, especially, are sometimes really great. But yea, great value from both services.

derExperte

Still haven't got Alan Wake.

b1KnYY4.gif

MRORANGE

Tomorrow is encore, completely forgot about that,.

Might as well get Calamity Trigger if it doesn't show up as a flash deal.

Gutted that SFIV Ultra did not get a price glitch.

Bsigg12

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cloudbuilt -- MB-A49AD3D6FA28D974 - Taken by Purkake4. 46 entrants total.

t1403981225z1.png

Someone please win this game from me!

Yes, we are. My point was that getting the game from a trader doesn't invalidate the Steam discount. 20% still applies.

Fair enough.
Still, if it wins the vote and gets a 20% discount, what's that translate to when it's already down to 10 keys? Anything less than 2+ keys (really, about $5) and I don't think I'd personally care.

mannerbot

Fair enough.
Still, if it wins the vote and gets a 20% discount, what's that translate to when it's already down to 10 keys? Anything less than 2 keys and I don't think I'd personally care.

The prices I mentioned before were actual prices after conversion. Add trader markup on that, so it might be a 1.5 or 2 key discount.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Aww.. I just realized another ModBot thing lol. My history from when I was "Mr. Pockets" is gone. (changed my name this week).

So time to build a new history it seems.

Time to give something away!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I bought Cloudbuilt early in the sale because I didn't expect it be a flash.

That's $2 I'll never see again.

Game's good, though.

Ryne

For you gamers who have cloudbuilt, how is the shooting? Is it annoying?

I always hated the enemies in Mirror's Edge (didn't prevent me from double dipping), so I would probably pass on Cloudbuilt if it is like that.

jblank83

Not sure but Grimrock is so good. I'd never played a game like that before but I dumped 22 hours over like 3 days in that game.

I'm going to recommend some games because most new gamers who played Grimrock don't know that it's based on a lot of old games that play exactly like it and are just as good if not better in terms of level design and combat. Here's a list:

Dungeon Master (SNES version)
Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 (PC versions)
Lands of Lore Throne of Chaos (CD version with Patrick Stewart voice acting)

kevin1025

Banned
I think my summer sale has concluded. I am up a disturbing number of games, got everything I wanted (and more), and will never see the end of 99% of the games I now own. Now to wait for the winter sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom