• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If you win a game on ModBot, but then the game is invalid (key was already used), you are still counted as "winning" right? So can't enter any contests that are restricted by winning day before?

Yes, that is correct. It's unfortunately a necessity for a few reasons. If nuking the key was enough to reverse the win, it'd be quite easy to abuse the system by just winning and then nuking everything you win. And I can't babysit all the instances of issues or follow up to sort it out, so there has to be a filter against that. Given the number of entrants it's better to bias slightly in favour of disqualification rather than slightly in favour of qualification :/

derExperte

Is it really that different?
I got AW on Steam and was deciding if it was worth it to actually play through it again.

The gameplay isn't of course, it's no Last Remnant, but the atmosphere benefits immensely from the better tech, it's pretty obvious that they started on PC and then had to heavily downgrade.

Pachimari

Why does it being on sale factor in to what people think about it? :3
It doesn't factor in. If you were here, you would have noticed people were pretty excited for it being in a community vote, and thus I would like to hear more people's impressions.

More people buy it so more opinions?

I'm pretty sure he asking for first impressions by the people who picked it up today.
This.

Vodh

I've gotten literally hundreds of dollars worth of games from GAF generosity and hours of fun. this is but a small thanks in return

Make sure to read the message too

Wow, this is a huge giveaway. Wolfenstein has been sitting on the top of my wishlist for this whole sale, for the slim chance of winning through team victory :)

Raxus

So many games I wanna buy, too bad I spent so much. I am just going to wait on Broforce and Towerfall Ascension.

I really want my friends to play Mercenary Kings with me :(

Pachimari

My summer sale will conclude with Assetto Corsa and Anno 1404: Gold.

And then I plan on having a lot of giveaways during or shortly after the winter sale. I just gotta put money aside for it first. :)

Ozium

I dunno, I thought it was kind of dumb. At best it felt like an elaborate Garry's Mod level. Maybe at $2.50 I could recommend it for a few hours of fun, but not at $6.

Have you played it since the update? The game actually runs smoother now, has wall running and parkour, and the new area is twice as big as the original with about 3x as much to do...

and the best part is the world feels more alive now since the people talk now...

Red Comet

Cannot believe that the Half-Life series has not gotten a sale yet, considering that it is Valve's IP.

I bought Chivalry today. I wasn't really aware of this game before, but a medieval FPS is something that I simply could not pass on at that price .

Halo 2

Banned
The gameplay isn't of course, it's no Last Remnant, but the atmosphere benefits immensely from the better tech, it's pretty obvious that they started on PC and then had to heavily downgrade.

I was hoping to hear something about the atmosphere.
Thnx I'll definitely replay it!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Cannot believe that the Half-Life series has not gotten a sale yet, considering that it is Valve's IP.

Eventually they will just give it away. I mean when they put it on sale its a firesale. They probably have metrics that nearly everyone who has steam has the games.

border

I dunno, I thought it was kind of dumb. At best it felt like an elaborate Garry's Mod level. Maybe at $2.50 I could recommend it for a few hours of fun, but not at $6.

Is it that horrible to pay $6 for 3-4 hours of fun? I am always surprised at how picky people are over games that are already mega-cheap.

I bought Chivalry today. I wasn't really aware of this game before, but a medieval FPS is something that I simply could not pass on at that price .

I noticed this too, but maybe they figure that almost everyone who wants half life 1 + 2 already has it at this point and they'd rather not waste sale slots. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom