• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you played it since the update? The game actually runs smoother now, has wall running and parkour, and the new area is twice as big as the original with about 3x as much to do...

and the best part is the world feels more alive now since the people talk now...
Yeah I did. I mean, the game has a lot of things to do, but what it feels like it boils down to is hunting down easter eggs. It's definitely fun for a little bit, and if you're looking for a really goofy experience in the vain of Garry's Mod this game is for you. One of the best things about picking up new maps in GMod is tracking down all the hidden secrets in the maps. But for a game that feels like it belongs in GMod, 6 is kind of steep.

aku:jiki

I see they fixed the stupid description for Shadowrun Returns Deluxe... It used to say "Includes: Dead Man's Switch" instead of the much clearer "Includes: Shadowrun Returns".

Yes, I lost €2 because of that! I thought that was a bonus campaign or something. :(

Grief.exe

Eventually they will just give it away. I mean when they put it on sale its a firesale. They probably have metrics that nearly everyone who has steam has the games.

Steam is growing at such a rapid pace they will still generate a serious amount of revenue when they put the series up on daily.

Damn, why can't I cancel this stupid card order? I cancelled the other two just fine, but this one doesn't want to go away :/

EDIT: Oh, it finally disappeared.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition is real cheap at $6.24. With mods it's not really a big deal and the fact that most people have played it about a million times from what I hear. But at that price I couldn't pass on it. It's the third copy I've owned.

Sarquiss_

Just crafted my second Summer Adventure Badge for TeamRed!!!

Damage Report:

Total Spent: $74.44 USD

• Bionic Commando + Rearmed
  • Portal 2
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition Steam Store and Retail Key
  • Cloudbuilt
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Spelunky
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  • The Last Remnant
  • Risk of Rain
  • Marlow Briggs Steam Store and Retail Key
  • Shadowrun Returns Deluxe
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Velvet Assassin
  • Hotline Miami

Not a bad haul and this is the most I have spent during a Steam sale in ages.

*blubbing about another Frost giveaway*

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Octodad -- MB-85193E5E505AF866 - Taken by Knurek. 50 entrants total.

t1403982849z1.png

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
If anyone has a spare summer card 1 or 9 they don't want ill gladly take them! I'm locked out of the market for changing payment methods.

Is it that horrible to pay $6 for 3-4 hours of fun? I am always surprised at how picky people are over games that are already mega-cheap.
No it's not bad. But, the utility to price ratio you're getting from the game is kind of low. If there are many other options with a higher ratio, I'll recommend those instead.

Gangxxter

Is wolfenstein region free?
This is a question better answered by JaseC, but I also try to answer it correctly:

The Russian sub is restricted to countries of the former UdSSR only, the ROW sub is available worldwide except in Germany. There are also some Asian and Japanese subs which are restricted to Far East countries (Japan, China, Thailand)
You can't cross trade/gift any sub to other regions though.

Basically, if you're not in Germany, you're good to get the uncut version of Wolfenstein.

More info: http://steamdb.info/app/201810/subs/

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Someone requested Baldur's Gate ii so here you go ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Baldur's Gate II -- MB-8433F9A244270B22 - Taken by gorfyako. 55 entrants total.
Cloudbuilt -- MB-E271BC8F1CB532F7 - Taken by Unicorn. 38 entrants total.

t1403992684z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom